Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do you like Kari?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.21%
33 70.21%
No
29.79%
14 29.79%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you like Kari?
Having been involved with digimon fandom for a couple of years now, I couldn't help noticing that even though almost every other character was hated at one time or other, there was never any Kari-bashing or anything of the sort. This leads me to believe that everybody likes Kari. So here are my questions: Is this true? And *why* do you like Kari?
I believe that personality is more important than appearance, and Kari's personality wasn't admirable. She led Davis on. She gave him false hope so that he'd do stuff for her. My opinion in the whole Davis vs. T.K. thing is a neutral opinion, so I feel that it's safe to state it. Kari was the bad guy, and she deserved to be bored for the rest of her life by T.K.. Davis deserved someone better.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'd love to nail Kari, not the first season kari but second season..

her personality seems ok to me.. but then again i've never dated anyone so i wouldn't know...
Yea, er.. Hikari's nice... I guess =/
She seems nice. She doesn't have the personality of Sora, Miyako or Ruki, but she's uber-cute and I get the feeling that there's more to her than we were ever shown (if that makes any sense -- it's really late now and I should probably go to bed).
I like Hikari not just because she's cute but that she represent traditional Japanese values better than every other character.

Hikari did not string along Daisuke. Her cultural beliefs restricted her from explaining to him she wasn't interested. It would be rude of her to tell him she wanted to be just friends. The few times she flirted with Takeru were her attempts at getting Daisuke to get a clue about her feelings.

Hikari also doesn't like hurting others. She was willing to die at Vamdemon's hands to keep the people of Odaiba from suffering. It's this same trait that adds why she didn't tell Daisuke she didn't have serious feelings for him. Telling him would hurt him then and she'd see that hurt. So she didn't tell him and hoped it'd be easier on him if he just moved on.

Yes, in the long run that hurt Daisuke more, but it's a human mistake she made. It shows she's not 'little miss perfect,' which was a problem many people had with her appearance in Adventures Zero-One.

Though I still wonder at that, Hikari was rather blood thristy during Zero-One and wasn't squimish at all to kill digimon-- which a 'practically perfect in everyway' character would have qualms about killing the bosses, let alone henchmon. And Hikari evolved her digimon so she could help kill Bakemon shortly after offing Vamdemon.
Quote:Hikari did not string along Daisuke. Her cultural beliefs restricted her from explaining to him she wasn't interested. It would be rude of her to tell him she wanted to be just friends. The few times she flirted with Takeru were her attempts at getting Daisuke to get a clue about her feelings.

She definitely flirted with Takeru, which was a hint to Daisuke, but she also flirted with Daisuke, and that's where I have a problem with her. Maybe it was only in the dub, but I know there were a few occasions where she changed the tone of her voice to ask Daisuke to do her a favor (I can't recall them specifically). I'm sorry, but that's flirting. It's the worst kind of flirting, manipulation without affection.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:I'm sorry, but that's flirting. It's the worst kind of flirting, manipulation without affection.
Ah, but who says it was completely without affection? I don't think she's in love with him, but she doesn't dislike Davis either. She obviously likes/respects him as a friend. And besides, that's how teenaged girls are, at least the ones I know... They flirt for fun, not because they're actually in LOVE with everyone they flirt with.
Although, you do have a point, Kari does sort of use him in places. Still, I think she regards him as a friend and not a tool. That's why I don't think her behaviour is malvolent, even though it's not always completely proper.

Quote:Maybe it was only in the dub, but I know there were a few occasions where she changed the tone of her voice to ask Daisuke to do her a favor (I can't recall them specifically).
Well, these scenes exist in the German dub as well, so they're probably also present in the Japenese original.
Quote:And besides, that's how teenaged girls are, at least the ones I know... They flirt for fun, not because they're actually in LOVE with everyone they flirt with.

I know, but there's a difference between a stranger's hair flip (which I get from about 60% of the girls who see me for the first time, not that I'm bragging) and actually asking a favor. Nothing is ever free, and when boys do favors for girls who flirt, they expect that there's a chance for a relationship. It's true that many girls use boys in this way, but that doesn't make it right. The drastic karma is that the same girls are the ones who are most likely to get raped. All it takes is one asshole who refuses to play games, and then it's game over.

Quote:Although, you do have a point, Kari does sort of use him in places. Still, I think she regards him as a friend and not a tool.

I think she regards him as a friend and a tool. Aside from the reunion in the last 2 minutes of the final episode, I'll bet they parted ways when the threat was gone. By "parted ways", I mean I think Kari avoided Daisuke.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:I know, but there's a difference between a stranger's hair flip (which I get from about 60% of the girls who see me for the first time, not that I'm bragging) and actually asking a favor.
Both happen to me all the time ^^;;;

Quote:Nothing is ever free, and when boys do favors for girls who flirt, they expect that there's a chance for a relationship. It's true that many girls use boys in this way, but that doesn't make it right.
Hmm, maybe not... But at least it makes it normal. I mean, it's basically not right to lie to other people either, isn't it? But your average adult lies something like 13 times a week. Can't remember the exact number, but it was somewhere around there. My point is, people do things that are a little bit improper all the time, without being malvolent. They're just so used to them they don't realize they're improper.

Quote:The drastic karma is that the same girls are the ones who are most likely to get raped. All it takes is one asshole who refuses to play games, and then it's game over.
Oh, I get it... Your point is that Kari is basically a slut, isn't it? Hmm, I suppose by definition she would be. A little bit.
...hey! *idea for lemon pops into head*

Quote:Aside from the reunion in the last 2 minutes of the final episode, I'll bet they parted ways when the threat was gone. By "parted ways", I mean I think Kari avoided Daisuke.
Well, I can't see that happening. No particular reason, but somehow it just doesn't seem to me as if it would happen.