Join our server on Discord

Why are the coulpings so important to some of you?
Who's Chibi Biyomon? Why are you putting the blame on her? How many girls are their on this site? I don't think we should be blaming one person. Also, I just thought of something! I've noticed that Digimon has basically been fading from popularity for a while now, in culture and on TV (at least where I live). In fact I've noticed that it is fading from popularity form many places. The only thing majoy that I've noticed that's been left behind, is coincidentally, those flame wars over couplings. Or at least just the couplings. Well the couplings and hentai, well I haven't seem much new Digimon hentai work in a little while. I feel nostalgic suddenly, I've come to a realization that, a few years back, it was all about watching Digimon Season 1 and Season 2 on TV, waiting for a new episode and hopefully a new twist. Now all I have left of 01 and 02 are hentai, coupling flame wars and episode scripts plus my imagination. No more new episodes with Tai. Sniff, sniff. All the fansites I bookmarked two years back have gone down, abandonned for other things. Probably the main reason I joined on to this site, it is now one of my most precious sites. So the point is: Digimon is slowly fading from most popular cultures which now seem to revolve around music, the gangsta image, rappers, Justin Timberlake and his McDonald adds and I the slew of "teen-rockers" such as Avril Lavigne and some of those squeaky voiced rock bands. Not that I have anything against rock, rock is my favorite kind of music next to instrumental stuff (soundtracks) and some 60s, 70s and 80s stuff and Elvis. Anyway, so back to the point, Digimon is slowly fading from most popular cultures, you'd either be blind not to see it OR living in some place where it is still popular and I envy you, the question is, when it has faded entirely, what will be left of it? What will we remember Digimon by? Right now, the major thing I think is those coupling flame wars. What do you think it is?

P.S. I do not mean to offend anyone or cause some fight if some of my opinions or observations may do so, please, forgive me, it was not my intention to offend. Also, am I the only one who feels a slight sense of nostalgia when thinking, talking or doing something Digimon or of that faded pop culture of two, three years ago?
Quote:Also, am I the only one who feels a slight sense of nostalgia when thinking, talking or doing something Digimon or of that faded pop culture of two, three years ago?
No, you're not... I feel exactly as you do. But what can we do? I mean, time moves on, whether we like it or not. Some day we'll all have to let go of Digimon, because no one will be showing it, there will be too few fans still around and to few sites still up. It's sad, because it always hurts to let go of something in which you have invested so much time, enthusiasm, and, in many cases here, creativity... But let's just hope that that point in time is still years away, and until then, let's enjoy what we've got. Right?
I'm trying to figure out how to perhaps respond, or thank to that nice response by urban dream. I guess a simple thank you might do, not really sure how though.
Hey, no prob. Just participating in the debate. ^^
fatpat60 Wrote:Who's Chibi Biyomon? Why are you putting the blame on her? How many girls are their on this site?

I suggest taking a look at her posting history. Especially take note of this and this.

Also, keep on top of that their/there homonym. "Their" is a pronoun indicating a person or persons. "There" is a pronoun indicating location.

Quote:I don't think we should be blaming one person.

I was afraid that I'd be giving that impression with my post. I didn't intend to. Fights certainly involve more than one person, and a fair number of people certainly share some of the blame in that regard. The two threads I indicated are among the most recent, and it is my understanding as somebody who doesn't check this board out all that often that she'd been involved in arguments concerning PataTail earlier this year.

Now, what I mean is that Chibi Biyomon sparked much, if not most of that and was deeply involved in the shouting matches that ensued. Personally, what I find most appalling about this is that she not only expected to get away with that... she did.

I snipped the rest of your post because, frankly, not only wasn't it germane to your initial point but I don't really know what to say to that.
Well, I can take or leave most of the pairings, but there's one that's very close to my heart.

Hiroki and Yukio. Say what you will, but it's very important to me. I think it's because I know what it's like to be obsessed with someone. And Hiroki was the center of Yukio's world, even after he died. Yukio's passion for his friend was his entire motivation, and I'm a complete sucker for that...
*blows whistle*okay lets not have a flamewar here

second of all why blame a single lemon with Davis bashing?

well some people do over react to things especially pairings with a certain taichi clone and a blue dragon*glares at Davis and Veemon* although there is more Takari/Patagato proof in 02 than their is of Daikari/Veegato (although seeing Davis getting pissed at Willis for kissing Kari in the 02 digimon movie the golden digimentals was priceless)[/img]
no one wants to hear this shit anymore, the pairing bashing.

All ya had to do was keep your mouth shut, but no.
*rubs eyes* *yawns* Morning, everybody... *reads* Damn.

*unlocks thread*

Okayyyyyyyyyyy... I can sense a lot of bad vibes here. *cracks knuckles*

1) No person-bashing. Bashing Hikari after her long phase of silence (which I will generously assume to be a sign of peace[/HINT@Hikari]) isn't really great. She has been warned and she has stopped making those threads. You guys made a bad thread (discussing WHY somebody is a fanatic about a couple isn't such a great idea) worse by provoking a reaction like that.

2) No couple-bashing. Hikari: Tapdancing at the edge of the warning isn't a great idea neither. Please keep your "There is more proof for PataGato!" and "Veemon and Davis are dumb!" down since it only provokes more reactions. One more stunt like this and you will be banned. You're banned on the DHZ, you've been warned here and I only don't ban you now because the posters before you didn't act any smarter.

So... general word of warning for you guys, including, but not being limited to, Hikari. If you keep it down yourself, I won't have to think of measures to keep it down by using the Admin Controls. So do me a favour and try to stick to the basic rules of "Peace" and "Respect for other members".

Now... if I see ANY other thread about VeeGato/PataGato, Takari/Daikari or ANY couple-fanatism like this, I won't wait until the shit has hit the fan. It's pretty sad, but it seems as if THIS question can't be discussed in peace here.

*locks thread*