Join our server on Discord

*is royaly pissed*
You know, I went to their board and read a few of there rants, came back and expected to say something about how much more refined the board members are on this board, but the post above reminds me of the little part where the boards are integrated and if I had said what I was originally out to say I would be lying. Thank you, by the way, for the information.

Blessed Be,
~Arrowhead~
Arrowhead, it is a foolish thing to judge people "from the post above". :x

I happen to be quite refined, but I wanted my stance on this issue to be quite clear, and did not feel like wasting refinement upon a topic that is quite simply stupid and pointless, and is in fact a cancer upon the Digimon hentai community.
Aha, but you do admit it is a cancer in the community, and I wonder since when was a cancer something not to be taken seriously? If you don't want people to judge you, then propose yourself with dignity because wether or not you like it or feel it uneccessary, people do judge who you are by what you say, and simply expressing your belief contrary to the facts shows a slight bit of naivety.

If a subject was not serious, probably would have let that pass by without a blink of an eye, but unfortunately this is serious because it affects the whole community, so we should treat this subject as such. From past experiences I know it is the invidious few who take the apathetic tone too seriously and start attacking because of their own beliefs, and through their own spiteful words cause a maelstrom within the community. If you are going to display apathy and encourage apathy, it should be directed at those who don't care enough about a crucial subject to keep their words tamed and tempered.

Blessed Be,
~Arrowhead~
Damn... Why do I always end up in fights with thinkers...?

Actually, my statement about the coupling wars being a cancer upon this community was meant to be read as a call for the cancer to be cut out; that is that mods and admins should simply ban those who would actively continue the conflict between Patagato and Veegato fans. Because while most folks here are smart enough not to go around flaming or spamming or stuff like that, there are still some people who just don't get it, and we shouldn't have to deal with them.
Sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles.

Now you are starting to make your point a bit more comprehensive and logical. That is one way to solve a problem, but by doing so you are restricting the publics voice, which they will not find all too amusing. Although there is this point, I agree with the tactics. In fact in a couple of groups I am an admin to we have strict rules against flames which include the deletion of the post and the ban of the flamer. I initiated those rules when I was signed on and there hasn't been any flames since.
I know this may seem a bit extreme, but the board was so out of control I had to do something.

Blessed Be,
~Arrowhead~
I think tough regulations are fine if they actually work...
Arrowhead Wrote:That is one way to solve a problem, but by doing so you are restricting the publics voice, which they will not find all too amusing.

Sometimes the public's voice must be restricted a little. A zero tolerance policy towards the coupling wars would save bandwidth and would hopefully get the problem off of this board. Plus, as an added bonus, showing that we are willing to ban flamers might also discourage people from trying to rouse up anti-DHZ sentiment, or other wasteful conflicts.
Agreed, but it is not up to us to create or enforce policies, it is up to the administrator.

Blessed Be,
~Arrowhead~
*looks up* Somebody called me?
*reads through most recent posts* Ah, I see.

Well, we actually had a rather... direct way to handle problems, just like Arrowhead suggested. Some people came to this board once or twice per month or so and started ridiculously annoying or pointless threads and began to go all out. They were banned for causing trouble for being annoying without really contributing anything.

What happened? Okay, the initial goal was reached. Things became okay here again. However, this had two consequences. One, annoying mails and tons of them. Two, these people going someplace else to whine about this place. We quickly gained the reputation of banning anybody we didn't like kust because we felt like it ("You say something the Admins don't like and you're banned!"). Since people naturally tend to support the victims, it has been impossible to effectively fight this rumor. So we had to let it die down slowly.

By now things have cleared up somewhat. Reputation's sorta okay, and the silly mails are down to a minimum. But I won't go and ban anybody who starts a discussion. Discussions are great, as long as they don't result in a flamewar that spreads throughout the entire board (or even to another board). The PataGato issue HAS reached this point, and if I see it popping up again, I will react accordingly.
That reminds me, there is a chatroom of sorts dedicated to Johnny the Homocidal Maniac and they have a list of rules that are rediculous but one caught my attention:

"We will ban you if we simply feel like it,"

Now this is interesting because think of the psychological effects this might have. It pretty much states that there is zero tolerance, plus no matter who you ban for whatever reason they have no tenable reasons to complain. The problems that come with this, though, is that there will be lots of e-mails at first, there will be rumors going through other boards, and there is a slight chance of losing some members. So, pretty much a risk you take whenever you put up a new rule.

Just letting this one unorthodox and unique rule float in the air for a little.

Blessed Be,
~Arrowhead~