Join our server on Discord

Poll: Which contest do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kharon's Christmas Gift Contest
50.00%
10 50.00%
Mr. Big T's Contest
50.00%
10 50.00%
I don't care, but I might be a Judge for either one
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

December Contest poll
Uh, well, if that's the way you want to put it ^^;;; hmm, you're right. But even so, I try making my lemons as "realistic" as possible, even though it's subjects are so obviously fictional. Maybe I'm just being stupid here, but if I am, I'm not the only one.

Oh, and by the way: What happens if the poll results in a draw? And when does it actually close?
If it's a draw, we'll figure something then. (I don't think that can happen though)

And it's till next saturday.

Also, completely off topic, but why is it that everytime I make a post, there is a huge empty space between it and my sig?
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Mr Big T, once you say Santa Claus, you are invoking the tradition of Saint Nickoulas, a saint in the Chirstian faith. On CHRISTMAS day, a day celbrating the birth of Jesus CHRIST, all the good little (Catholic) boys and girls get presents from good ol' Saint Nick.

A Jewish boy could care less where 'Santa Claus' is even if he lives in New York, because NOT being Catholic, he is taught not to believe in Santa.

To make it simple:
Religion matters with Santa Claus because HE is a religious figure in Christianity.

Then trying to apply Santa to a nation who views Santa as a mythological character associated with a _commercial_ holiday simply doesn't work.

As for realism and Digimon. Take a look at the other series in the Monster Raising Genre: Pokemon, Mon Colle Knights. Those are whimsical in nature is style. In comparison Digimon is real life. Only in a couple rare instances did Digimon break laws of phsyics and they kept within the laws they set for their universe. Digimon may be fictional, but it deals in hard sciences-- not Christian fairy tales.

Sorry, about misintrepeting the idea of 'Where's Santa,' it conjured up the stereotyped shows of 'Santa's missing/kidnapped/dead we have to save Christmas!'

However, good ol' Saint Nick + Digimon + smut is something I don't care to see (Santa Etemon fucking over the Tamers was an exception). And I won't write for it. I do have an idea for Christmas gift using Frontiers characters and hopes that wins so I have a reason to write it.

(Oops. Memory fart again. Juri's religion is unknown. She suggested to Takato to try forture telling after thinking about Takato liking a girl who went through a growth spurt-- which, btw, Juri hadn't been through one. >< lousy dubbers.)
I chose Kharon's contest. I'd like the opportunity to write something set at Christmastime. It's much more openended so the range of fics that will probably be turned in, as well as the number of fics, will probably be greater.

Personally, I just can't muster up the energy to get behind Big T's idea. It's not bad, but I'd have to struggle to write a fic with Santa in it.
I'd like to use this oportunity to point out I never did say my idea was better or my contest would work out better. Basically, that's what Kharon said about his contest and maybe it's true? But seriously, I for one would already want to see something diffrent. :roll:

I voted for KA's Christmas Gift Contest! After all that's what Christmas is really about anyway. I might even join in on this one! I might even consider being a judge, if asked.

SaberGatomon said it, and I'll say it again! Twisted
No santa = No gifts. 8)

Well, it's Saturday now, and the score is equal. Unless someone else votes before midnight, it's going to remain a draw. So what now?

And when exactly does Saturday end? When it's midnight in Finland, or when it's midnight in whatever timezone Kharon lives in?
I think that the poll already is closed. Check the time of Kharon's initial post.
It's closed already? Hmm, it's still Saturday in my book, but if it's closed it's closed. Whatever.

So anyhow, what's going to happen now? I know this question was already answered by Mr Big T once, but back then, it was only a hypothetical one.