Join our server on Discord

Poll: Which contest do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kharon's Christmas Gift Contest
50.00%
10 50.00%
Mr. Big T's Contest
50.00%
10 50.00%
I don't care, but I might be a Judge for either one
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

December Contest poll
So there are two people who boh want to run a contest for the same time-frame, and both feel justified that their contest would be better received. These two people have decided to put their contests forth to see which would be preferred. We have agreed that when the poll closes, the one with less votes will peacably step down for the contest.

Kharon's Christmas Gift Contest

The Christmas Gift contest proposes Christmas-time as the focus of the story. It must be set during the Christmas holiday season, and can involve any characters from all four seasons, plus fan-mades. It should avoid religious overtones such as telling the Christmas Story and going to church on Christmas. I may also require a relationship to be developed in the story, though this may also not be required.

The prize will be awarded to the best-written Christmas story of the bunch, and is presently undecided. I would like to offer an Anime DVD, but unless I have money I can't promise anything. A request lemon is definite, but an Anime DVD (winner's choice) will be rewarded to the winner as well, if I have money by then.

-----
Mister Big T is posting details of his in reply to this, please read both contest proposals before voting. Also, if you want to be a Judge for a specific one, vote for it.
Goal: My idea is that it's christmas eve... But wheres santa? A person must write a story about what happened to santa and make it be christmas mood boosting story wich one enjoys reading.

Prize: Aperance in my game. King of some town? Drunken bum in alley? PLAYABLE HERO??? YES! Those are just few possibilities, but you yourself can choose how to apear. Also the winning lemon writer will be interviewed. (If I have interviewed you before, I'll do new one if you want)

Other prizes include aperance in my lemons, comissions and honorable mention at my site.

And of course, you may find yourself apearing in one certain webcomic... Wink

Some basic rules:

*The story is a lemon, so there must be atleast ONE lemon scene in the whole lemon. Whatever you choose it to be, is up to you.

*Selfinsertion is not allowed this time.

*The charas you use are up to you completely.

*There must be atleast 4 pages, but there is no max.

Those are just basics and I'd tell more about it if I'll be selected.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
I'll go with Kharon's contest. I like the simple, loose theme better, and the same goes for the prizes.
I voted for Big T, nothing against Kharon but I think that sometimes is good to see diferent people making a contest for a change Wink
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
There are a few reasons I voted for the Christmas gift:

One, Japanese kids do NOT hold the same beliefs for Christmas that American kids do. They do NOT expect Santa to stop by Christmas Eve night and drop off presents. To them Christmas is time to give gifts to friends, which they might do on the last day of class before winter break if Decembe 25th falls on a Saturday, since that would still be a school day.

Two, at this point NONE of the Chosen/Tamers have been confirmed to be Christian. Though there is some evidence a couple of them might be, but those confirmed to follow a faith are: Jyou and Koushiro are referenced as being Buddhists. Takato and Juri are Shinto.

Three, sorry, but seeing a 'saving Santa' stories usually makes me go do something else, so I definately wouldn't write one myself.
Trying to make the chosen kids have a religeon makes me want to burn shit down. Starting with a few churches. ^___^

But really they dont follow western 'ideals' and 'morals' so i'm not sure how this would work. The whole christmas thing is really more of a event for kids over there, which is why we have things like the digimon christmas album and such. That was odd because the trio of Guilmon, Terrier and Rena is probably the most energetic singing i've heard come from a Japanese singer. Sides X Japan...

^_^

I'll have to check the shinto thing out though, I didn't know Juri and Taka had a faith.
Takato's and Juri's religion became evident after Guilmon first evolved and Growmon was taking too long to devolve. Juri's suggest was to pray at a Shinto shrine, which Takato did and showed Growmon how to pray per that faith.
Quote:Two, at this point NONE of the Chosen/Tamers have been confirmed to be Christian. Though there is some evidence a couple of them might be, but those confirmed to follow a faith are: Jyou and Koushiro are referenced as being Buddhists. Takato and Juri are Shinto.

Uhhh, did I just miss something? Since what does religious diffrences have anything to do with what has happened to Santa?

Quote:Three, sorry, but seeing a 'saving Santa' stories usually makes me go do something else, so I definately wouldn't write one myself.

Saving santa? From what? I just said tell what has happened to Santa. Hell, if you write that Santa has gotten drunk and has fucked Sora into ass untill she begins screaming for mercy, that's ok. You decide what happens, not me. If you don't want anykind of saving lemon DO NOT WRITE IT.

Quote:Trying to make the chosen kids have a religeon makes me want to burn shit down. Starting with a few churches. ^___^

Again, what does having religion has anything to do with Santa? The tamers may not believe into God but it does not stop Santa from still going around world. Them having diffrent culture does not change it either.

Ya, you've sort of got a point there, Mr Big T. But then, I think the problem here is not really religion but the fact that most to all people who have posted so far can be more or less considered to be serious authors who write mainly serious plot-lemons. Yourself, you usually write more whimsical stuff, meant to be entertaining but not serious or even thought-provoking. (Don't get me wrong here, I'm not critizising you, I quite like a good few of your lemons for their originality and humor.) My point is that while a Digimon/Santa lemon fits perfectly into your style and tradition, it's probably not what most authors here can usually be found writing. And for a lot of people here realism is important, so the fact that Japanese children don't believe in Santa mustn't be overlooked.
Also, I'm considering joining this contest, and Kharon's idea allows you a lot more of creative space.

So, nothing personal man, but I voted for the Christmas gift option.
Considering we are talking about Digimons, we can't say a word about realistic or not. 8)