Join our server on Discord

[Season 5] Digimon International
*sigh* I sort of guessed that it would end like this.

A lot sounded fishy, beginning from your inside source (sorry, that sounded TOO good to be true) over the fact that Dorumon was going to be used (I believe that Toei won't "recycle" old Chosen Digimon, and Dorumon is already in that new Manga (Chronicles?).), up to the things Lord Archive pointed out. Your excuses for the trip-ups had been believable (we're all human, after all), but still weak, considering that you supposedly had first-hand info there.

Then the plot outline. Hmmm... It sounded promising and believable. But I haven't forgotten that you ARE a skilled author, so thinking up of original characters and a new set of enemies is basically in your job description. ;)

Big thumb-up there, though. The characters sounded genuine at first (even though I still have trouble with the fact that one Chosen was supposed to come from Redmond, home of Microsoft... *shudders* :P), but you gave them almost too much background information. Practically nothing had been known about Chosen Kids before the Seasons started in the past. Especially not BEFORE the official announcements had been made.

So far, so good. Now for the hard part.
A lot of people have had high hopes thanks to your "inside source", and once they catch up with this thread, those people will be bitterly disappointed. Maybe it would have been better if you had revealed the truth in the first thread weeks ago.

On the other hand, it was interesting to watch the situation evolve. It had been quite an experience to see how people (including me, of course) react to "confirmed" information like that. I've seen denial, open acceptance, doubt, and even fear both here and in the DHZ thread that pointed to your site.

You have given us a possible scenario for a new season, and you have managed to silence all those unconfirmed rumors that had sufaced for a while. Maybe I should thank you for that. Actually... scratch the "Maybe". All those "confirmed season 5 info"-yapping was pretty irritating.
You son of a bitch Kharon lol...I've always wanted something after season 2's ending but before they all became adults.
yup Dorumon is used in Digimon Chronicle. the new manga and follower of V-Tamer.
Alright so Kharon seems to have fooled many of us and thank God he fooled us and wasn't saying the truth. All I want is another season with Tai and Sora, that's all I want, and it will NEVER happen so I'll to stick to those hentai mangas(why are they in Japanese? I can't read Japanese, is anybody translating them?), fanfics and drawings but thank God that 05 isn't whatever it is suppose to be or if it even exists, aside from Izumi or Zoe (she is best part of the whole of 04 along with the voice of Takuya, that's a queer voice if I ever heard one) , 04 threw the series down the john damn it. Adventure was best-est, Tamers was fun while it lasted and, well Frontiers is a load of brown, icky, watery stuff sitting in a field surrounded by cows as far as I'm concerned.
I believed all this at first because I really wanted to. I should be mad that you made this up but for some reason I'm not. Actually, that's a good thing. I shouldn't actually be getting mad about things like this. I need to lower my blood pressure or I'll have trouble later in life.

Hopefully in the coming months we'll hear something authoriatitve about the future of Digimon. And hopefully when we do, people will be able to look forward to it despite the fact that their favorite character won't be appearing in it. It could still be good. Don't knock it until you've seen it, you know?

I'm of the opinion that any Digimon is better than no Digimon in the future. I don't know what I'd do if the show ceased to exist.
Hey everyone. While I can't give any real info on season 5, I can give info on the future of Digimon here in the States.

Disney's contract with UPN has now expired, meaning that the Disney properties which made up the UPN programming block (Digimon, Buzz Lightyear, Recess, and a few others) are now totally up to Disney to distribute. As a result, Digimon is coming home to ABC Family, home of some of the better Anime this side of Shaman King.

Next Saturday ABC family is running the Digimon Digivolution Marathon from 7:00 until 12 Noon (EDT) -- 5 hours of the major 'digivolution' episodes. After that comes the new season of programming, with great news for everyone who missed Frontier during the UPN blocks.

Digimon will air on weekdays at 7:00 (Eastern) on ABC family with the first three seasons. I can't say for certain yet whether this will be in a "Best of" format, a scattered random episodes format, or if it will be sequential, but Monday-Friday (possibly on Saturday as well, though I'm not certain of that) at 7 AM Digimon will be on.

Digimon: Season 4 (aka: Digimon Frontier) will air on Saturday Mornings at 10:00 Eastern time. I only hope that's not interfering with Shaman King or Sonic X, because I missed a lot during Frontier, and I do need to catch up. The most beneficial thing is it gives us a season of break from new stuff, and it will probably end at the end of next season through some sort of multiple episode days thing.

But it also means that if Digimon's fifth season starts this spring in Japan, it will be well timed for the dub to start at the beginning of the 2004-05 season next September. So let's all keep our fingers crossed and make that wish that we don't lose the show yet.

For everyone who hasn't seen Frontier, give it a solid chance before you accept all the nay-saying that's being thrown about. The dub isn't perfect, and the Spirit Evolution sequences may get really annoying after a while, but I was among those who didn't like the Sentai-esque direction (I'm not a big fan of the Power Rangers series either), but I ended up enjoying Frontier. Besides, hearing what Emperor Izzy (End Game series) would sound like is pretty cool -- Luccemon sounds exactly like I imagine he'd sound if End Game ever got animated.