Join our server on Discord

[Season 5] Digimon International
I just got a shitload of new data on 05, and am working through it as I type this up. I'm going to sum up some of the things I do have.

Morgan Troy is living in Japan, an exchange student staying with Koushirou's parents while he is in Britain. She has been Partnered with Dorumon since the end of 02, and they're very close friends. Morgan is the same age as Daisuke and Hikari, and is actually seated next to Daisuke in class. She is described as having blond hair, and wearing a denim (blue) skirt and a pink t-shirt.

Takeru is nowhere to be seen outside of being mentioned in passing, and likewise with Yamato, so it may be possible that their parents got back together and maybe they even moved [to France?] out of Japan. The rest of the Adventure cast is all present, at least at some point in the series.

Huang Chan and Xianmon are still a bit of an enigma, though it's said that they were not partners before the new threat started. It also clearly states that he is living with his family in Beijing. He is described as having black hair, and wearing a Tae Kwan Do gi (uniform).

Jeff Hill lives in Redmond, Washington, and is part of a group of American kids who had Digimon before the end of 02. He is described as having brown hair, and wearing a black shirt with khaki pants.

The episodes take place more in the Digital World than in the Real World, as the mysterious Net Digimon haven't learned how to use the gates to enter the Real World yet. The first major enemy is named Netdramon, a Net Digimon who has been assimilating data from Dramon types. He is described as 'a western-style dragon with two heads, which spit fire and ice'.

Leomon will appear early on, as will several new forms of Digimon, including Ken and Wormmon. Apparently the crests have been reforged for use in Super-evolution, and each of the members of the team wil receive one. Currently we can only guess, but I wonder if Jeff might get friendship and Morgan get courage or purity.

The most interesting piece of information from this is that there will be eight kids involved, and only people working sloely on the project seem to know who all eight are, though a guess is that they'll be Shuu, Jun, Miyako's sister, Daisuke, Iori, Morgan, Jeff, and Huang.

A possible plot for the first episode was also attached, and just throws the three new kids together and into meeting Daisuke and Iori, and ending with them meeting the "whole gang".

Certainly an interesting batch of information, but some of it may not pan out. We'll just have to wait and see.
That sounds interesting :)
May I ask where you got this data from?
A season without my Takeru????*faints*

Gatomon: Ack!Kari isn't blonde!!!!
No, Kari isn't blond. Yes, TK isn't there, nor are Matt or Izzy. THey may appear in some episodes, but they will not be frequent appearances.

Morgan Troy is a new girl for this season, she's the blond who sts next to Daisuke, who has toned down quite a bit. He is no longer obsessed with Hikari, and the two of them (Daisuke and Hikari) are good, close friends. Hikari is still a brunette, but she doesn't do much in the Digital World.

The policy of 'no relationships' is continuing, and as such there is no indication any way of who might or might not be together, despite that the children are somewhat older than 02, and thus (especially with the 01 kids) they are more likely to form relationships on a more personal level.

The average age of the kids is not disclosed, nor the timeframe after Season 2, excpt that the kids are all still in school. We'll just have to wait for more information from Zeromaru Mu if we want to see more. He does what he can.
Actually Kharon this whole thing sounds WORSE then Season 4. Its taking a route that made season 4 bad even further, making things different. Thats not what people want, american, european, japanese or otherwise. You can tell when 02 ended that was the end right there. Unless they bring something like that bad in its entirety i dont think they can have any more success with the anime. Maybe make some GOOD playstation games, like on the PS2.

Like the ones they wonderswan team did with Reo there. those ones actually had PLOTS and such. Far from the pixelated nightmares that bandai shit out onto the ps1. 1 was probably the best out of those, and only cuz it was a sim, which digimon fits nicely as a gaming concept. The RPG Format that they took with the next two games was dull and boring.

If I had to test those games I would have been swallowing windex to go with my bigmac and fries at lunch. But Digital card battle was pretty cool, least then it added some graphical qaulity to the mix and a semi enjoyable strategy experience. You wanna play a good digimon game though? Play D-Project on wonderswan. Its a sim, as it should be, and is awesome for music (as far as wonderswan goes, shit needs to be like OC remixed if you ask me) and battle. Probably the best you'll get even though its not translated so that kind of elimates the story.

Anyway, i dont even know where your getting this from Kharon. Still that inside source? That doesnt sound very good...
They should do a 2'nd part for the Tamers because it went to quickly for the last 10 epp
Outlaw Torn44 Wrote:Actually Kharon this whole thing sounds WORSE then Season 4. Its taking a route that made season 4 bad even further, making things different. Thats not what people want, american, european, japanese or otherwise. You can tell when 02 ended that was the end right there. Unless they bring something like that bad in its entirety i dont think they can have any more success with the anime. Maybe make some GOOD playstation games, like on the PS2.

Like the ones they wonderswan team did with Reo there. those ones actually had PLOTS and such. Far from the pixelated nightmares that bandai shit out onto the ps1. 1 was probably the best out of those, and only cuz it was a sim, which digimon fits nicely as a gaming concept. The RPG Format that they took with the next two games was dull and boring.

If I had to test those games I would have been swallowing windex to go with my bigmac and fries at lunch. But Digital card battle was pretty cool, least then it added some graphical qaulity to the mix and a semi enjoyable strategy experience. You wanna play a good digimon game though? Play D-Project on wonderswan. Its a sim, as it should be, and is awesome for music (as far as wonderswan goes, shit needs to be like OC remixed if you ask me) and battle. Probably the best you'll get even though its not translated so that kind of elimates the story.

Anyway, i dont even know where your getting this from Kharon. Still that inside source? That doesnt sound very good...

Yeah I agree with Outlaw, If Toei goes through with this I can already imagine all the Takari/Patagato fans stop watching digimon as well as fans who thought 02 was the end of adventure.

Basicly what I'm saying is that if Toei does this for 05 then they just shot themselves in the foot.
I think enough of you folks are onto it. This whole "Digimon International" thing is a crock. Or if it's not, I'm psychic.

I made everything up, and this last bit was done in a bit of a hurry. Really, I did this for a purpose. I wanted to teach everyone that no matter how plausible or good a rumor is, no rumor should be taken as fact. At first, it was believable, it sounded good, and it looked good, like so many rumors do, especially when you get to depserate for news.

But, I left enough flaws that any person who looked at it intelligently could see through the rumor and spot the joke. This was a parody of other rumors, in a way, as well as a lesson to not take everything at face value.

I hope y'all dont take this too hard. There is no inside source in this case, and I made up answers to suit the questions that came up.

I would love to see a continuation of Adventure or Tamers, but it doesn't seem likely that we will see either one. Most likely we'll be exposed to an entirely new world, and an entirely new team of Digimon, DigiDestined, and supporting characters. Another interesting concept would be for them to try mini-series, short stories instead of massive Adventures, for the fifth season, perhaps taking the CD mini-dramas and animating them, or doing post-season new stories (for all fo the seasons) that could be told in just a few episodes.

I honestly don't know what's to come, but I do have hopes that we'll yet see a fifth season of Digimon, and that it will be as well done as the four so far.
*she hugs Kharon*Thank the crests it was a lie ^_^

Gatomon:*purring*Yup ^_^

though I'd love to see a Tamer's sequel cause Takato saw a digiport and I wanna see the tamers in action ^_^
oh, thought as I read it, it's a joke.