Join our server on Discord

I'm new so Hi ... I guess
just say you are a god here :) only thing that is different is that i have not seen you disappoint someone :D
welcome man, and on the note of Swiss

*Dances around in swiss tradition* My grandpa is swiss, which makes me a little swiss!

Man, I only wish I could have learned german in my school, but no, bloody no, I've got to learn french or spanish... *blows up spain and mexico*

What area of Switzerland?, my grandpa came from a little town called Farnern, near Bern. *sniffs* I love switzerland
Quote:*Dances around in swiss tradition* My grandpa is swiss, which makes me a little swiss!

Man, I only wish I could have learned german in my school, but no, bloody no, I've got to learn french or spanish... *blows up spain and mexico*

What area of Switzerland?, my grandpa came from a little town called Farnern, near Bern. *sniffs* I love switzerland

Cool! I knew I couldn't be the only one on this board with a connection to Switzerland! [Image: chflagge.gif] ^^
'bout the language lessons: I know your pain, I've been learning French for four years now, and I still don't know alot of words beyond "beret" and "baguet". C'est mal, non? ;)
You ever been to Switzerland, then?
Hi there! Anus is here! And you are there!...I dunno where I'm going with this. I try and think of a cool and unique way of welcoming newbies, but I usually just end up looking to dumb. So welcome. There. 'kay?

And while this topic is mutating into nationalities and languages, let me assure you people you've got it easy when t comes to choices of languages you've got to learn. Comparatively, here in Quebec, the basic rule is "APPREND A PARLER LE FRANCAIS OU TU MEURS!!!!!!!"

Quel tas de merde, hein?
C'est en effect le m
Actually, I was quite serious. One terrorist organization called the FLQ kidnapped and killed people here back in 70's because they believed French culture was being destroyed by English influence. After martial law was enacted to catch these guys, they were exiled, then brought back years later and treated like heroes!

And today, we've got language laws stating all signs must be at least 75% in French, and assorted shit like that.

Calice!
Quote:One terrorist organization called the FLQ kidnapped and killed people here back in 70's because they believed French culture was being destroyed by English influence. After martial law was enacted to catch these guys, they were exiled, then brought back years later and treated like heroes!
:shock: That's absolutely mad!
Sorry if my comment was stupid, I misjudged the meaning of what you were saying.
Yeah, I blame the language barrier for that.

and yeah I have been to Switzerland, beautiful country in my and a ton more people's oppinion. I dont remember what area of the nation it is in, and with everything being so close together. but it wasn't that far from Bern, but then again, with all the train rides, nothing is too far from bern..... damn, I wish I had paid better attention to the map.

Went to switzerland to visit my grand-aunts and friends, still living in the very same home that my grandpa lived in.

Visited Interlacken (I think thats the name of the city), a setting to one of the famous tales of William Tell. (god I loved those stories)
Quote:I have been to Switzerland, beautiful country in my and a ton more people's oppinion. I dont remember what area of the nation it is in, and with everything being so close together. but it wasn't that far from Bern, but then again, with all the train rides, nothing is too far from bern.....
Yup. Basically, it could've been anywhere. It only takes three hours to cross the country by train, a little more by car. And basically, every last little village has its own railway station, even if only 100 people live there. It's ridiculous in a way, but it comes in handy sometimes ^^

Quote:Visited Interlacken (I think thats the name of the city), a setting to one of the famous tales of William Tell. (god I loved those stories)
Aah yes, Interlaken. I've been there. ^^