Join our server on Discord

Digimon season 5 ?
Quote:While unlikely, it still is possible. After all, "Gun Smith Cats" and "Read or Die" are good examples for Anime series that don't play in Japan and don't feature Japanese main characters.

Good point, but I'm still not quite convinced. I don't know about "Read or Die", but there were some japanese characters in "Gunsmith cats", like Minnie May's boyfriend, Ken Taki, who appears reasonably often.

And then there's the fact that Gunsmith Cats was made to be set in America. The story is very Hollywoodish, and I doubt it would work as well if set in another country. Not without making some changes to it. Digimon, on the other hand, has already featured mainly Japanese characters for years and has actually been set mainly in Japan. A change from that would be quite drastic and also quite daring (never change a winning formula too much and all that).

But maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.
Well, there has been the World Tour at the end of 02.
So the Japanese Team is all established already, thus minimizing the likeliness of YET another Japanese team. 02 was already pushing things in that case, and I doubt it would work once again.

This might be the chance to establish brand new characters in a known setting.

...of course I still doubt it until I see it :P
The article does mention several Japanese kids, and even Daisuke and Iori are part of the team, I was only listing the non-Japanese nationalities I was informed of. Jun, Shuu, Daisuke, Iori, and Miyako's sister are all part of the team still.

I didn't say the team would be only "British, Chinese, and American" kids, just that it would include them.
Quote:The article does mention several Japanese kids, and even Daisuke and Iori are part of the team, I was only listing the non-Japanese nationalities I was informed of. Jun, Shuu, Daisuke, Iori, and Miyako's sister are all part of the team still.

I didn't say the team would be only "British, Chinese, and American" kids, just that it would include them.

Ah. My mistake, then. As always, I won't be totally convinced until I see it, but this certainly makes it a lot more believable in my eyes.
Regardless of all I've read about any potential storylines for season 5, everything I've heard sounds like a bad idea. I mean why the hell do they HAVE to bring in a whole new roster of characters every freakin season. I would have been throughly pleased if they would have just kept the original Digidestined. I've watched all 4 seasons of digimon, the only one I really really liked was season 1. I disliked season 3 because a lot of it happens in the 'real world' and the whole allure of the series is to escape mundane reality. I am throughly annoyed with season 4 because they made that the children could transform into digimon themselves. Whats the point in stressing th importance of digi-partners in the previous seasons??? The only reason I could bare season 2 was for the simple fact that Takeru grew up and surpassed even his brother in hottness. Season 1 remains in my heart the very best season of digimon.

Btw way, Kairi's not so great and she needs to back up off my man.
Quote:Btw way, Kari's not so great and she needs to back up off my man.

Whoaaaaaaa! Someone who doesn't like Kari! Admin! Admin! Kick him out! How dare he! :shock:

Nah, just joking ;) Besides, no problem there. Kari's with Davis and not with TK. ^^
Kari's with Yolei. :P

But I do agree on the Frontier rant. The entire "Digimon partner" concept was just trashed there. I dunno what to think about the rumors about season 5, though. Some parts seem to have potential, even though none of them thrill me that much. I was dying to see Tamers and 02, and I found my nice moments in those two seasons; but the 05 rumors lack the certain... I dunno... magic touch. We'll see what happens.

*waves tiny MiyaHika flags* :D
Quote:Kari's with Yolei.
Okay, compromise. She's with Davis *and* Yolei.
hmm.... You know, if 05 is how its being made out to be, with Davis and Iori and the others being in a team, an international team at that, will davis have time for Kari? hmmmm you know it, 05 is all about the T.K. and Kari! *laughs maniacly for a few minutes*

Well Like everyone's saying, well wait and see, but Seriously, can davis hold a stead relationship doing international jobs?
Now this might be a dumb question but, how exactly would they bring Davis or anyone from season 1 or 2 back for season 5.....At the begining of season 3 didn't they say that Season 1 and 2 were just made up, and were actually tv shows, inside the tv show. So like in digidestined from seasons 1 and 2 are just made up and actually, o dear I've gone cross eyed.

0_o