Join our server on Discord

Digimon season 5 ?
Seeing is believing.
Corollary of Ruhe's post:
I'll believe it when I see it ;)
lol :P

True true.
Kharon, there's a major error in the Digimon 05 that makes me very leery at believing this.

Akiyoshi Hongo has, to my knowledge, never written a script for Digimon. He came up with the concept of Digimon.

Chiaki Konaka is the Cthulu fanboy who was the head writer of Tamers and wrote the infamous Call of Dagomon/Takari episode.

There's also one bit of evidence that does help though. The latest batch of CD dramas included at the end Hikari learning that Jun, Shuu and BOTH of Miyako's sisters got digimon and some threat was going on. (Though when the call to action for the 02 crew began, Takeru wasn't heard amongst the group.)
I think a good clue is: is Toei still bound by a contract for at least two more seasons of Digimon.

Have there been any word on Toei excercising a loophole that releases them contractually, or are they still bound to it?
Lord Archive, I made a mistake when I threw in the comment about Hongo being Tamers' writer -- it is a mistake that I added unintentionally, and which I am correcting. I was working from memory on that, and I confused the two names. I was only tols that Akiyoshi Hongo was writing, and that Tamers' writer was involved in the scripts as well. I asked, after first reading your post, and he cleared up the information for me.

"Hongo is writing the stories, and Konaka is helping him smooth them out."

Based on my slight confusion when I wrote up the article, I made that mistake saying that Hongo wrote the Dagomon episode and Tamers.

Also, although both of Miyako's sisters got Digimon, only one will be featured prominently in the series.
I'm encouraged by that news. It sounds legit and reads like a journalist or intelligent blogger wrote it, not some kid on crack.

Obviously, I'll have more to say about it when I see it, as we all will.
There's one thing in particular that makes me dubious... It says on the website: "The planned cast calls for children from America, Britain, and China at present". I just can't believe there won't be any japanese children in what is, after all, a japanese series.
While unlikely, it still is possible. After all, "Gun Smith Cats" and "Read or Die" are good examples for Anime series that don't play in Japan and don't feature Japanese main characters.
Quote:It sounds legit and reads like a journalist or intelligent blogger wrote it, not some kid on crack.

Y'know, some of us kids on crack can write pretty damn well. Wink

agz