Join our server on Discord

Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 5 (59)
Ok, now we're at the girl ep. Should be two bunches of fun huh. Two good sized handfuls of fun.

I'm sorry for that.

We start in a Girls store. Something pink and frilly and stuffed animal-y. And stuff goes on. So we time shift to a bunch of stuffed animals stuck to the ceiling. Wait, those are Digimon. Elecmon, Soulmon, Betamon, and an IT Mon, and they're all about to get caught by Airu. Ryoma and Ren are happy about this trap. But Airu isn't happy, none of them are cute enough. The two males find it odd she doesn't like them but she does do traps well so they just put it past them.

Our heroes are walking home as Yuu is still sad. Taiki tells him to cheer up. Tagiru meses with him then Mami and friends come up to hit and tell at him for messing with their Yuu-sama. They only thing that stops Mami from fighting with Tagiru anymore is fan girl 1 and 2 super happy about a doll that looks like someone we know. It's Cutemon! Tagiru asks if that's his and Shoutmon/Dourulumon say that he just snuck out without them noticing. Cutemon just wants to help Yuu feel better.

And now Airu pops in. On the sidelines she spots Cutemon and gushes over it. Opossummon wants to be hugged by Airu who agrees that it's super cute but Cutemon is also cute. Wow. The title screen is even Airu'd out. So Cutemon showed up to Be so cute Yuu won't have time to feel bad. ...Kyu. So now he wants to go to Yuu's house in his Xros Loader. Kyu. Airu is making a trap.

Tagiru asks what Cutemon does and Taiki says he's the White Mage of the group. But healing Yuu's heart isn't that easy since Damemon isn't back yet. And Tagiru will have to help Yuu get better too. And off he runs. Shoutmon thinks this is a bad idea. But for right now, Taiki and him have to deal with the thin that happened at "Fancy Shop". Which is the name of that place Airu attacked.

At Yuu's large apartment, his family are everywhere now so he lives here alone. Even Nene isn't here since she evolved into a much older form and is a Hong Kong Idol. Tagiru knows this and wants to meet her. So Yuu tells him to not touch anything so he can get dinner ready. And he cooks too? No wonder he has the harem. Look at all this food. Yuu still isn't happy but at least they ate themselves into the standard food coma. Cutemon wakes up and is super upset he didn't help Yuu like he wanted to. Kyu. And even worse, Yuu's gone. Kyu. But luckily Gumddramon can track him so they'll find him and the "Warrior of Love". Kyu.

Yuu's at that place he found Damemon first and while it shocks, Airu shows up. Yuu wonders if she's part of his harem. No but Airu doesn't hate that he said that. Opossummon does though. And it? I'm guessing she? balloon bombs Yuu in to a Time Shift. The other three near see this so they Time Shift too. They split up to find Yuu as he's running away from Airu. Which may not be something a guy would do but she is doing the crazy thing now. And now Yuu is in a net. She wants his Digimon. And of course that's not a euphemism, she means Cutemon. Who then shows up threatening her as the "Warrior of Love, Cutemon". Kyu.

Airu is very happy about this. Opossummon is not. So she Balloon Bombs him then Cutemon kicks her and he jumps down. Of course the problem is Cutemon doesn't have many attacks and only have spells. Cutemon then goes back into Yuu's Loader and Airu shocks both of them. Yuu calls out Damemon but Gumdramon shows up to help. Tagiru tells her to read the rulebook but she maeks the rules she says. Surprised Tagiru even read the rules huh. So anyway, DigiXros Opossummon with Candlemon to make a giant fireball balloon on a candle. ...Why does she have a Candlemon? But that was a large attack and they were able to get away. And Airu is mad.

Wisemon tells Taiki that Airu caused the problems at the girly store and Gumdramon says she's hardcore. Tagiru then tells Yuu he shouldn't wander around and Taiki says he should get Cutemon back. But he's gone! Eyecatch Dracmon and Ren. Cutemon is running around to get to that park to figure out if he can bring back Damemon. Then he runs into Airu. Just before the three get there, she ties Cutemon to a balloon and runs off with him. Before they can chase her, Ryoma and Ren show up with Dracmon and Psychemon. The purple Gabumon. Of course, Airu has to do what she wants or she won't help them and they need her help. They finally tell their names and have Psychemon BadAss Evo. It's like a SuperEvo but it's when they evolve to Astamon awesomely.

To match this, Taiki sends OmegaShoutmon out and Tagiru sends out Arresterdramon. Taiki then sends Tagiru to save Cutemon with Yuu. and they do the 100 years too early joke. Back with Airu, Opossummon is still jealous at Cutemon but Airu wants him. And if he won't join, she'll just hurt him. With a SuperEvo. Opossummon Evolves to Cho-Hakkaimon. And in a change, her evo sequence isn't a fanservice-y one, it's more like a joke. This is hilarious. Airu says she's scary and more of a Gross-Cute. But before Cho-Hakkaimon can hurt Cutemon with her "love", Arresterdramon comes in with a headbutt. But even though it looks like a balloon or Mascot head, it's very hard. Of course, he's not stupid, she's stupid with power. She's actually crazy. For Airu. And Yuu wishes Damemon was there. And him and Tagiru begin some exposition when ends when Arresterdramon is knocked back and Cutemon gets chased. Yuu runs to help as Cutemon's balloon trap breaks and Arresterdramon comes in again to help with a head smash which let's Yuu grab Cutemon. Airu then yells at Cho-Hakkaimon who gets super mad and fires her lazors. But don't worry, Yuu's heart lets Damemon come back finally, just in front of that thing they met in. This was all planned by Damemon but Yuu had to have the heart to do it. Airu doesn't like him and sends her crazy pig girl.

Damemon is just Damemon now so he has to superEvo to Tsuwarmon which Yuu can do. And he does to a new theme named Shining Dreamers. I think. The newly returned and SuperEvo'd Metal Ninja uses Mantis Dance on the pig girl but she backs him into a trap. Then he gets wired up and smashed with her spike hammer. Or rather a scarecrow did. Since he used a replacement technique. Surprised they didn't do a Log there. Then he uses Wind Style to blow both girls into another Wire Trap. This wraps both of them up, knocking Opossummon out of SuperEvo. After talking with Tagiru, Yuu unwraps Airu as she walks off with Opossummon.

Much happy talk is had on the roof by our heroes as Damemon makes a crack about Tagiru and Gumdramon being Dame Dame. Then they chase each other. In Airu's room, she has a Yuu Voodoo doll (a Yuudoo doll) and will make him beg at her feet! Intro Corner we have Opossummon Xros with Cutemon. ...Or maybe not. Ha. Next ep, A kendo match. With Kotemon. And Ren. Too bad we don't have another Kendo user. Not since Iori.
What Subs are out!?! (I haven't seen this epi yet, wich is sad considering how much I like Cho-Hakkaimon =P
Yeah. They were out earlier. I just took more time finishing this.
Now I see how a number of Digifans were impressed with Psychemon Chou Shinka sequence. Definitely screams DA BOSS.

I like how Opposumon/Cho-Hakkaimon's was characterized, especially her evo. She's definitely not a hundred percent fanservice material, but 99 percent comic relief one.

The end before Intro corner suggests that Airu's rival would be Yuu. Ryouma could end up going against Taiki as a reprisal of sorts of his rivalry with Kiriha back at the first season. Or, its Tagiru. If it does, Taiki vs. Ren.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
All of that is true. And it'll be Ryouma Vs. Tagiru I'm sure. It might make more sense for Taiki to have the passenger's seat instead of the Drivers seat.
(10-31-2011 10:58 AM)SnK Wrote: OD's sub is now out. First.

Do you work for them or something? is the second time you promote their subs... old news but Wild Bunch sub is out, it seems is going to be their last, pity...
Nope. I kept both tabs on the group. Recently OD was the first of the two to distribute subs. I am also hearing that the two groups might consider ceasing the sub project with Crunchyroll going to stream.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
(11-05-2011 10:55 PM)SnK Wrote: Nope. I kept both tabs on the group. Recently OD was the first of the two to distribute subs. I am also hearing that the two groups might consider ceasing the sub project with Crunchyroll going to stream.

Dammit! Not so many people can get decent streams, and not every country can get said video streams. You need really fast Internet for good quality video streams and not many people got that. What I am gonna do now? Hope someone upload the subs to youtube or something? Hunt for torrents?

Besides Xross Wars doesn't even have an official English sub or dub, and they are gonna stream subs of Hunters?
For now, the groups will keep an eye on Crunchyroll's streaming of new episodes. Ceasing their subbing activities will depend on the following factors:

- How fast Crunchyroll would be in the release of its streams per new episodes.
- Accuracy/quality of Crunchyroll's.

No worries. Some groups online distribute Crunchyroll sub rips.
I am honestly not a fan of a site that was 3 years hosting stuff it had no rights for, and it started by streaming subs made by fan groups without giving them a cent.