Join our server on Discord

RealD
I did it!! If you look at the gif through the glasses it's nice and crisp, with depth. I just gotta change the difference in in layer size by 1-2 pixels and maybe add a few more layers to make it transition cleaner, and I'll have done it perfectly. I'm also comparing the results of when the layer's replace each other or when they combine and diffuse to make a transition, to see which looks better.
GLOATING BELOW

[Image: Copy_of_602700_-_Krystal_Star_.gif]

Fuck yes!! Am I a genius or what? :D :D :D
"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla
[Image: potential.png]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
If only I had any glasses I could see that. They're just red and green not red and blue. Stupid ripoff glasses.
That sucks, that really really sucks. But on the bright side, it gives you a reason to see a movie in theater instead of waiting for the dvd. *dance in joy* *dance in joy* I'm so fucking proud of myself right now that I might do this to one or two more pics, so ask now guys 'cus this is really cool how simple it was.

EDIT: I went through my rena collection and decided to make a few pics by karabiner 3d, I bring to you now...... Renachu

[Image: 1151589795714.gif]
"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla
The OCA
Renamon's Army
... I don't see any 3d effects at all with this one...
But I just got back from seeing green lantern (hell ya) in 3D
And I think I figured out the problem: the whole pic i's in the same phase. See, the thing i's, the lines have to be different widths apart in order to create the illusion of depth perception when viewed through the glasses. All yours are the same width apart, therefore they're all in the same phase: you might as well have left it the exact same. Hope this helps.
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Hmm, thanks Johnalt, I just refreshed my systems buffer rate and see it now, ok, rise of awesomeness tomorrow, tonight I fix pics and find more to 3d. Also, nice choice, that's where I got the glasses from.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Lol yeah. Like I said, research on how exactly it works i's your best friend right now. Actually, I went to that movie thinking of doing some visual research for you in the back of my mind ^_^ at the end, watching the credits fly forward, i's when I realized the whole phase thing. If you do it right though, distance away and viewing angle shouldn't make too too much of a difference (think of the movie theatre: lots of varied positions and angles from the screen, yet they all see the 3D effect.)

Edit: ok, gif idea, step in way wrong direction. Contrary to popular belief, the moving of the image i's not what generates the effect. It should still look 3D when still if you do it right. All you've created i's a slightly spastic two d image.
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Yeah, I was trying to apply physics to a computer when I thought of the second process, right now I'm gonna try both process' and see if it works, if not, then I'll go back to researching stereoscopy and find out if there is a way I can avoid the side to side image route, it just looks stupid having the images right next to each other. Thanks, not many people actually help when they try to help me, so it's nice having a research monkey (read: assistant) to catch things I missed.

EDIT: I just whipped this up, how does it look?

[Image: Copy_of_602700_-_Krystal_Star_.jpg]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Yeah this one isn't working either. I can still see the spaces between the lines. I think your supposed to have the wider ones in frontground and the narrower ones in background, I think. Perhaps give that a try?

Edit: if this helps, I found the wiki page:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealD_Cinema

Edit2: perhaps a greater difference in widths i's also required? Idk

Edit3: whoo boy, just read the wiki page: turns out the three d effect i's produced using differently polarized light projected at the same time XP this may not be physical possible for a computer monitor at this point in time... I'd hate to say it, but the reald approach might be (at this point in time) physically impossible... Unless of course you're like super awesome and you can find a way to polarize the light of the different parts of the still image, then you'd probably would be given like, idk, massive amounts of money or something. Cause that would be an unprecedented achievement, or something.... Yeah.

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Hmm, I'll have to do some research but I'll see what I can do, until then at least I made a couple of pics of krystal for the net to enjoy.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
I think the main thing i's we gotta find a way to make sure each eye only sees what it i's supposed to see. In old style 3D they did this with red and blue light, in reald they do this with differently polarized light, if you can invent a third way, that would be mind-blowingly awesome!! Lone Ranger
Ps I don't know why I used that emoticon... It just felt like the right thing to do.

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz