Join our server on Discord

New Fantasy RP
Sry bout that, I went a little stir crazy for a sec there XP
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Yesh. I have exams in the next few days, and I'm working on profiles of NPCs vital to the plot of my own to guide everyone along. X3 Please bear with me and I apologize for the delay!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Is my fault, not yours XP beside, you have no idea how stress relieving pressing 'a' repeatedly is. X)
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
XD It's no one's fault! Except maybe school. THEY WILL RUE THE DAY THEY PREPARED ME TO BE A SOCIABLY ACCEPTABLE CONTRIBUTOR TO SOCIETY AGAINST MY WILL, IF IT'S THE SECOND TO THE LAST THING I DO!!

So anyway, please spend the time while I'm away to ask questions about the battle system- like, if there are going to be minibosses or bosses to fight. (The answer is most certainly yes.)
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Questions? Like what?

sry bout that, but you set that pun up perfectly and I couldn't resist! XD

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Pun? What pun?

And stuff like what you can and can't do in a fight, or how magic works in this world.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Ok. Ahem. How does magic work in this world?

ps unless yous already gots a cool name for this, I think I gots one... >:)

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
GOOD QUESTION!!

In Genesis, the potential to use magic lies dormant within everyone.

The Gods of Mysticism granted this to all living creatures, and even plants of Genesis, but only allow those who believe in them to awaken their dormant abilities. This way, they sorted out the people who would reside in the half of the world known as "Paradiso", while the non-believers were all shunned and sent to the barren wastelands of the other half of the world, "Purgatorio".

NOTE 1: To use magic, one has to believe in the Gods of Magic, and one has to believe that there is such a thing as magic.

In the land of Paradiso, magicians lived in peace and harmony with the bountiful nature, respecting all the creatures, great and small, ordinary or legendary, and made it their creed to preserve the perfection of Paradiso. A boy named Legendarius was born. He was an amazing child gifted with the power of prophecy, and communicated with the gods directly.

NOTE 2: Thanks to this creed of preservation, Magicians are reluctant to "move forward", opting to change as little as possible in the world of magic. Traditions are very important, and breaking them is a punishable act. Parasdiso is not the perfect paradise it was named after. Advancing in technology is highly scorned, as magic tends to do all the work. The only things allowed to change is the creation of new magic, runes, or magical artifacts.

Legendarius founded The Great Church of Mysticism, which would govern over the people with justice and fairness, and then founded The Order of Legendarius, which consisted of his five apostles, who went on to be the first five masters of the Mystic Aspects; Elemental, Black Craft, White Craft, Feralmancy and Illusionary.

NOTE 3: These masters are referred to as the "Saints" of Mysticism. The names of the five aspects changed slightly (from public use), but the fundamentals are the same.

Legendarius ruled the order as master of all Mystic Aspects, known as collectively as Mystic Arts, and with his apostles, they taught each magician how to unlock their true magical potentials by way of magic academies. First, the apprentices were taught how to see, hear, feel- sense magic. Then they were taught how to accept it as a natural part of everything, including themselves.

NOTE 4: Because of this, Scientists cannot be self-taught.

The apprentices' belief in the Gods of Magic (Known as the Quintessentials, five gods who were responsible for the creation of Genesis) were strengthened, and finally, they were taught how to harness and use magic, learning first with the basics: Telekinesis.

NOTE 5: Telekinesis in the Magic Society is different from the telekinesis in the Science Society, as whereas Scientists use their minds (psi) to move objects, Magicians use gestures in tandem with their Mana ("Mana" is one's magical stamina. Scientists also have this, but it is undetectable and does nothing beneficial for them. They do not know of the existence of Mana.). Whereas Psychic Telekinesis uses the user's willpower to determine how strong the ability is, Magic Telekinesis makes use of one's Raw Magical Power (Or "RMP" determines a magician's maximum magical output. So if a magician has high Mana but low RMP, he/she can only use weak magic. If a magician has low Mana but high RMP on the other hand, may make one use more magic than one can handle and collapse, or worse, die. One's Mana and RMP can be increased by training, or by rituals.) to determine the ability's power. It is not as fine tuned as Psychic Telekinesis however, as Psychic Telekinesis can (with the use of concentration), be used more intricately and elaborately, the more powerful ones being able to move molecules themselves.

The basics of magic are as (not in any order) follows:
  1. Telekinesis - The movement of objects without touching them.
  2. Empathy - The ability to sense emotions and intentions.
  3. Telepathy - The ability to communicate directly into an individual or numerous individuals' minds.
  4. Awareness - The ability to sense Mana in objects, people, or places.
  5. Clairvoyance - A minor ability to see a little ways (a few seconds, maybe a few minutes) into the future.
  6. Transmutation - The transformation of a minor, inorganic object into another.
  7. Teleportation - The ability to disappear in one area and reappear in another, with a very limited range.
  8. Dowsing - The ability to track items or individuals via scrying or other magical means.
NOTE 6: The basics form the foundation of the Mystic Aspects. Without learning them first, one cannot learn any of the five aspects, even just basic ones. These abilities are weaker than they sound, but the Saints have mastered them all to a degree where they each have their own individual style of use for each. Regular magicians cannot master all these basics themselves, but they may specialize in up to three or four of them.

The apprentices are then free to select their schools of specialization and focus on which disciplines they want to learn from which master. When they have learned the basics, they are free to either go and craft their own abilities (new ones are registered in the church), or whether they can choose to learn the basics of other disciplines, or move on to advanced lessons.

Granmelding: What is Granmelding? It is the ability to craft or enchant equipment or items to use from every day life to combat. Granmelding is a purely constructive ability, and there is a Granmelding master who teaches it, but it is not considered one of the Mystic Aspects. Many of the Saints have custom Granmelded equipment and items made specifically for their use. Learning to Granmeld is useful because unlike Transmutation, which can only transform one simple thing into another, Granmelding can be used to repair damaged equipment, and convert precious gems and metals into money.

I hope that sheds more light on the subject. Yes, there will be money in this world, and yes, there is a reward system that i have set up, and shops. I will also contact you via PM if I have deemed your character experienced enough to grow stronger. I also have super special secret awesome optional side missions for everyone to do if they need a break from the plot!

Any more questions? About how science works in Genesis? About the shops at the beginning? How much money one can have?
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Ok, I'll bite, what is Science in this place? What shops are there, and how much money can one make? Also(this can be mentioned in a seperate post), what is more powerful than what, but weaker to this than to that? For instance, would if you pit a Innovative Technician against a Desolation Warlock? Would they be evenly matched or easily taken care of, but against a Summoning Illusionist he would be totally lost since his tech would be confused and overloaded trying to keep track of every illusion and summoned...thing. I mean, depending on the skill the Tech could lose to the superior lock, but win against a new Summoner.

You also mention a dreadmech, but what is the 'monster' creation of the Legendarius? Or at least the equivalent of this dreadmech.
Many times lost, many times found again.
The OCA
Well, at least one of them better be ma smithy ;) and as far as "monster creation", pretty much any "monster" Backlasher can come up with, likely ;P

also, I think at this point, you had better just answer any questions you can think of yourself, Backlasher; if you can think if them first anyway, might as well let us know, ya?

final thought: I've seen that "magic = spark of the divine" in a series once before... In that series, there were also "truly ungifted" individuals as well... Any chance of those showing up?

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz