Join our server on Discord

New Fantasy RP
Since The Cabal has pretty much died due to the GM not being active.. I propose starting a new RP in the same basic style.. Two factions, one with magic, one with technology. Could even have a third that combines the two, but that would need to be handled carefully so as to not overpower the other two.

I'm not big on running games, but if someone else wants to make this, I would totally join and help out where I can.
"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hillfolk and were never seen again, it was the best day ever."
Good concept; yeah, I'ma gettin board waitin for IH, so a continuation/similar concept would be greatly appreciated! :)
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz

As usual, I'll join if two others get a profile up xP
And, of course, if a GM can be found.......
*Eyes flash* I have a pretty good story for it already, though you'll have to wait for me to finish college (it ends on Friday) before I get to post the actual thread.

The premise is a world called "Genesis", and it's effectively split in half at the middle (separating the south pole and the north pole), one side being science, the other side being magic. Science does not 'believe' in magic, and therefore cannot use it, and magic does not want to move forward, therefore can't use 'science', though they aren't dumb, they can learn it. One half of the world is technologically advanced, while the other half is practically in the middle ages, but is 'advanced' in a way that they have machines powered by magic, floating fortresses, mythical creatures, etc.

They have discovered each other, and after an uneasy truce, they have gone to war. The two factions are lead by:

Legendarius - The Great Church of Mysticism (Magic)

Archive - The Grand Council of Sentience (Science)

Interesting? I'll expand a little more on the characters that can be played if you think so!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Sounds good Psycho ^_^ Friday works for me.
"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hillfolk and were never seen again, it was the best day ever."
So, wait, college in Ireland finishes in April?! o.O
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Just my course. X3 I do have exams on the 27th though, then on May 6. My course is dead easy. XD It just involves a lot of work.

Also, instead of "masters" of the cabal, there are "Saints" of the church of mysticism, so you can just carry over your character from the other RP onto here.

Saint of Divinity - White Arts

Saint of Desolation - Black Arts

Saint of Wonders - Elements

Saint of Beasts - Beasts

Saint of Faith - Illusions

The five Saints are the military leaders of "The Order of Legendarius", and teachers of each discipline of magic. They only teach the basics of each to students though, and the students are allowed to grow and develop into their own unique brand of magician, or just follow the Saint's teachings to the letter and focus on just one.

The types of magician include;

Warlock/Witch - Battle Mages who combine the use of a trained body with a trained mind. They focus more on using their magic to hone their skills, or increase the potency of their moves. They prefer the use of weapons to channel their magic rather than things like wands or books. They are not limited to melee either, as they can use flintlock rifles or guns, or crossbows and bows and arrows to channel their magic.

Necromancer - A very difficult area of expertise that deals with the dead. They can do things from reanimate corpses, to keeping death at bay from allies who are teetering on the verge of death. Advanced necromancers can even cause organic matter to rapidly decay, and inorganic matter to break down rapidly with a touch. They are more powerful in places soaked in death, like old battlefields, graveyards, execution grounds, or even the battlefield where their enemies and allies are being slaughtered.

Clergyman/Cleric - A magician who has focused on healing and support, able to cure almost every ill, detoxify any poison, and heal any injury, more powerful ones have been known to resurrect fallen allies who have not been dead for long. Their powers grow with their beliefs, and they have been known to give people a reason to fear the light with their powerful, offensive, light-based magic.

Summoner - Advanced magic that involves a magician making pacts with nature spirits, minor deities, or even demons, in order to summon them to aid them in battle. Each summon can do different things, so this class is the most diverse. Their pacts are kept in special books, while their main pacts are marked on their skin as tattoos, so even if they lose their books, they aren't completely helpless.

Symbologist - Armed with a brush and a bandoleer full of magic ink cartridges, Symbologists are magicians who use magic by drawing glyphs, runes, magical symbols, or words in the language of magic. They can draw it on any surface, and depending on the ink, even on air, so they can lay traps for their enemies, or raise great barriers or sanctuaries around them. They can even increase their own body's capabilities by activating runes on their bodies. The abilities of a Symbologist is diverse, but limited to his/her skill with language and art.

Shapeshifter - A magician who can transform his/her entire body or a few parts of his/her body into that of animals or beasts' body parts that he/she has seen or come in contact with before. From a dragon's scales and wings, to a hydra's regenerative abilities. Advanced Shapeshifters can even transform their bodies into inanimate objects, like swords, or crossbows, as long as they know how it works.

Invokers - Adept who use the power of the spoken word. To use various incantations to use different kinds of magic, or speak the language of magic to alter reality. The language of magic has no lies, so if one were to say "I am an eagle" in the language of magic, than one turns into an eagle. Not many know of the language, and it takes years to learn it. One can also invoke effects by asking the true name of things, like the sea, or wind. The names can be forgotten if one does not respect the owners though, so it's a fickle magic. Invokers are often seen with very thick tomes and magical dictionaries to help them out.

So that's it for the magic side. I shall post the science side later!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
*admires amazing wall of text* ...wow... Did your homework again, I see... :awedout:

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Could we like, not be limited like in cabal?
*cocks head* how so?

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz