Join our server on Discord

Digimon Savers / Digimon Data Squad
Wisemon Wrote:And what's Anatevka without goggles?

A lot of snow in your eyes.
Jewish? I heard he was from australia. I'll look it up.
It's just the name, UnknownH. I doubt the character will do one truly Jewish thing in the entire series.

Yes, he is Australian, which just for once explains an anime character being white.
only the "Stein" in the name doesn't mean they are Jewish origin. Stein is a german word for Stone, and since his dad is an aristocrate so far I read, i doubt they have anything to do with the Jewish religion. In fact many aristocrates have strange names, maybe to let them think they are something special.
Yeah. Plus there may be a different way of spelling it too.
Red Mage Dragon Tiamat Wrote:only the "Stein" in the name doesn't mean they are Jewish origin. Stein is a german word for Stone, and since his dad is an aristocrate so far I read, i doubt they have anything to do with the Jewish religion. In fact many aristocrates have strange names, maybe to let them think they are something special.

German or Jewish origins wouldn't surprise me. The people who write Digimon seem to be more cosmopolitan than most Japanese.

I could be wrong about most Japanese, though.
That would explain all the german in frontier.
For some reason Japanese seem to have a thing for the German language. I can't understand why, but I think it must be similar to the Americans who are obsessed by learning Japanese *shrugs*
Quote:That would explain all the german in frontier.
You mean like Blitzmon?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Well here's something fun to do: list foreign languages used in Digimon.

English/Engrish
German
Italian (next most obvious for Frontier, Izumi spoke some)