Join our server on Discord

Worst personal gaming moments.
Dead Space 2

-Playing on Hardcore Mode

Seeing it was my first attempt at playing Hardcore mode and getting through the first few chapters with no problem I thought to myself that I should use just 1 save somewhere after all the boring walking around. So I did! Saved right before I got my suit.

After many chapters ahead, I started clearing through all the parts I knew would be quite difficult and dangerous, which they were... but luckily survive the horrible onslaught of necromorphs. I came to the part where you first fight the brute while Eli and Stross were up on the catwalk dealing with slashers. I had saved before that point because I was a little nervous on how hard he would be to kill. Sadly... I beat him in 10 seconds... wasted a save.

THEN!... A little further on, after switching to the 2nd disc, I felt that I should save so I have a fresh start on the 2nd disc. The moment I saved and I dunno why, but I kinda just skipped the message so fast that I only had 1 save left and used it there right at the beginning of the 2nd disc on Chapter 7 or 8. I thought to myself, "...Shit! Have to play the rest of this game with no saves and deaths?! MOTHER--!" So I continued on...

Now... from this point, I was being as careful as possible and spending my credits on health and ammo only. Plasma cutter I think was fully upgraded, along with my rig and Zealot force gun (very very helpful). I had 2 or 3 close death encounters, but luckily survived...

I was feeling good getting through all the annoying as encounters and crap... till I came to the point where I went into 0g gravity through the waste disposal bay, right where the jerk turns on the spinning blades and crap. I knew what I had to do and I got through it many times before. I just had to line myself up and slowly move on through.............but.... I guess I just wasn't in the right spot seeing that my arm was clipped by the spinning blade, taking my arm off and watching the rest of the body float into the other blades, killing me.... I... was stunned...

Funny how the game throws all these tough, dangerous and strong enemies, but the only thing that can kill me at times, is the environment... Ugh....

Tip for those trying to play on Hardcore...

-Use only Plasma Cutter and Force Gun
-Upgrade Force Gun more than Plasma Cutter till you max it out.
-Upgrade Rig when your close to maxing out weapon upgrades.
-Don't bother upgrading the oxygen supply till later.
-Don't get rid of stasis packs, they are a lot helpful then some may think.
-Choose the 3 saves wisely!!!
-Don't Rush yourself to beat the game!
-Don't go for achievements or trophies during Hardcore gameplay

Guess that's all I could give ya for now.
[Image: 2hrn80k.jpg][Image: 25hpq38.gif]
The Mod Squad
The OCA

Messages In This Thread
Worst personal gaming moments. - by Shadowknight - 10-12-2010, 04:33 PM
RE: Worst personal gaming moments. - by Erethzium - 10-13-2010, 08:17 AM
RE: Worst personal gaming moments. - by Adym - 10-13-2010, 08:33 AM
RE: Worst personal gaming moments. - by Duck - 10-14-2010, 08:06 AM
RE: Worst personal gaming moments. - by UnknownH - 10-14-2010, 01:17 PM
RE: Worst personal gaming moments. - by Lost - 10-15-2010, 04:19 AM
RE: Worst personal gaming moments. - by Lost - 10-16-2010, 12:40 PM
RE: Worst personal gaming moments. - by tigerlily - 10-18-2010, 04:32 AM