Join our server on Discord

The Realization Hurt All Over Again
This is why I have taken a harsh stance against ever accepting any girl with whom I "fall" in love. If it's too good to be true, too quick or too perfect, too sweet or too physical, or anything else that isn't gradual, I will not consider it to be love.

I may accept that I can still grow into love with a girl for whom I fall, but...

When I fall my first instinct will be to say "No."
My mind and my body; they already know,
My heart's resolution is just to go slow,
And let love slowly blossom, like flowers to grow.

Speed leads to danger on life as the road,
I won't find a princess and be her prince toad,
Where I walk may be lonely and gray on this road...
But I will not be taken by falling in love.

~ Hunter ("Growth"; 30 July 2006)

Don't let yourself fall. Instead, find someone with whom you can grow.

Edit: Some background...

I know a man who fell. He may not put it that way himself. He fell for a woman I also know well. Their names are unimportant to the story. He fell, but she did not. Perhaps she was submissive in a way, or too passive to resist when his fall drove him to declare they would be married. Whatever the case, she did not object to the idea, though she had not fallen. I know this man only after his fall, as I am a result of it. I and three younger, we know him well... After over 20 years of being a man fallen, he was forced to rise again. And in the rising, I saw his pain, and I know he felt it. I know that he fell in love, and having seen his pain, I have no desire to repeat his mistake. I hope my younger brothers will feel the same...

But because of that pain, though I realize that some, perhaps many, people do fall in love, I do not wish to be one who acts upon a fall. You will see traces of this in Long Distance Romance: Daisuke's Future Life as both Daisuke and V-mon indicate their desire to have a proper relationship, and particularly in V-mon's explanation of the imagery of falling compared to growing. You can see it as well in my drabble True Love and Happiness, and you will see it again in Tenderness. Some degree of it will also be present within Ben and Yamato's relationship in the Future Lives series.

Messages In This Thread
The Realization Hurt All Over Again - by Dreamer - 07-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Love's Truth - by Dreamer - 07-30-2006, 01:56 PM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 07-30-2006, 04:41 PM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-31-2006, 08:41 AM
[No subject] - by senjuro - 07-31-2006, 11:35 AM
what she said today - by Dreamer - 07-31-2006, 12:00 PM
[No subject] - by Dreamer - 07-31-2006, 12:07 PM