Digiartists' Domain Community!
Digimon ending?....no way! - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: Author's Den (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: The Author's Domain (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Digimon ending?....no way! (/showthread.php?tid=1134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Thunder - 05-23-2003

Hikari, Takeru and Daisuke are all 11 and in fifth grade during Zero-Two. Iori was 9.

I said "13 at the most" to be safe, since Takeru and Hikari may have both gained one or two years from their Season 01 adventures. And Iori is probably nine, if you say so. I only remembered that he was somewhere between 8 and 10.

As for 'evidence' for Takari in series, there is quite a bit to the rabid fan but very little to the skeptic. What is canon is that they are very close and do have strong feelings for each other, which some do see as being greater proof than Daisuke's one-sided crush. (Ignoring those feelings could be completely platonic and sibling like.)

I see it as greater proof too, but it's still not as straightforward as Daisuke's crush. That's what I was trying to say, but apparently the wrong choice of word killed me.

- MATTHEWDMETCALF - 05-26-2003

This is nothing new. Digimon's downfall has been self evident ever since Season 2 when they started that "who likes who" crap. Not even Davis could have saved that series. I for one am glad. It had lost the magic that started it...and it was drifting apart from what it used to be. It's gone now, and even a Season 5 wouldn't bring it back. Though...

good times, good times...

- MATTHEWDMETCALF - 05-26-2003

(Sorry for the fact that this message is split up into two posts. I accidently clicked the submit button)

Though there is much evidence for both sides of whether Daisuke and Hikira would have gotten together, or Takaru and Hikira would have gotten together, I feel that They both never got Hikira to love anone of them. The portal that saved Hikira was TAKARU'S LOVE, not Takaru's and Hikira's love. And Hikira only showed affection towards Takaru only around Daisuke. She was just porbably trying to ward of Diasuke by pretending she loved Takaru. All proof that the Hikira and Takaru relationship could work has faults, and there is NO proof at all that Daisuke's love for Hikira wasn't just a schoolyard crush. There's very little if anything that could proove Hikira's love for either.

- Lord Archive - 05-26-2003

MATTHEWDMETCALF,

(Advance warning. I'm rather anal about incorrect information. This is not meant as an attack, just correcting mistakes.)

First, we all have oppinions on why Digimon's ratings failed in Japan. However, the who loves who crap started with episode 1 of Adventures Zero-One with the automatic pairings of Taichi/Sora, Yamato/Mimi, or Taichi/Yamato. The last of these three was so popular that there was a large Taito convention honoring it. Saying the Hikari triangle killed Digimon is far from the truth when couple shipping had already been going on a year before Daisuke's existance was known.

Second, please don't try to use the Japanese names if you don't know how to spell them. It's Hikari not Hikira, and Takeru not Takaru. Hikira isn't even a word and takaru means to extort and is not a name.

Third, how the portal opened was explained by Tailmon, Hikari's partner, in the episode as Hikari's love for Takeru, Patamon and Tailmon and their mutual love for her that opened the portal. There is no debate on this. It was spelled out clearly to prevent mystery or confusion. The term used for love was a generic one that did not imply romantic nor platonic love. The script has been posted on the net in full English translation of the Japanese episode.

Fourth, yes, Hikari did show more interest in Takeru in Daisuke's presence. That's the result of Japanese culture where in order to show disinterest in one guy, a girl will accent her feelings for someone else. This is because it's impolite for the girl to just tell the guy she's 'not interested' unless he asks her if she's interested.

Five, there is no question if Hikari loves Takeru. Her own digimon partner said that Hikari loves him. However, the type of love is the question. Love of a friend, of a sibling or of a lover? We don't know the answer to that.

Now this is my oppinion only:
Daisuke's feelings on Hikari extend beyond 'schoolboy crush.' One, his feelings for her were not recent at start of series and these crushes typically last weeks or months, very rarely do they last years like Daisuke's feelings for her have. Two, his feelings for her did not change after becoming very close friends with her after becoming a Chosen himself, they only became more subtle. They may have started a schoolboy crush, but they've developed past that point.

- Thunder - 05-26-2003

This is nothing new. Digimon's downfall has been self evident ever since Season 2 when they started that "who likes who" crap.

And how exactly did shipping kill the show in the first place? Fans seem to love it - Takari being the most popular pairing out there because of the "'who likes who' crap" -, so that should only cover your own opinion.

Oh Please! - Lord Patamon - 05-26-2003

It's obvius that even the Toei Artist like Takari and PataGato or their Angel forms and I have a proof of this that maybe you all have seen already:

With who is Hikari in this Picture? and With who is Gatomon in this Picture? :D

[Image: digimon02end.jpg]

And if you doubt for the PataGato Thing See this Picture of them in their Angel forms that is from a season 1 episode:

[Image: lovera9.jpg]

It is seen that Angewomon this very comfortable one under the arm of Angemon. :D What do you think about that Daikari and VeeGato Fans eh? Twisted

Takari and PataGato All The Way!!!!!!!

- Thunder - 05-27-2003

Bite me, Lord Patamon. Based on these standards, Daisuke and Miyako should be official too because they have held hands (when Miyako wanted to indirectly touch "Ichijouji's" hand through Daisuke's). And what about Sukamon and Chuumon? I mean, their bodies are touching! Gasp! That's just so canon material!

- Lord Archive - 05-27-2003

Lord Patamon, if those pictures were proof, then:

(/sarcasm)

Taichi, Sora, and Yamato are in a three-some that doesn't always include one of them, including Sora, in the act.
(End of Diablomon Strikes Back has Sora arm's drapped over both their sides at the same time. Not to mention numerous picks depicting Taichi with Sora, Taichi with Yamato, and like your picture-- Sora with Yamato.)
And that would explain why Yamato married Sora, because Taichi has also been doing Daisuke!

Hikari has been doing Daisuke behind Takeru's back.
(There are pictures of Hikari standing next to Daisuke.)

Miyako has been with half the human cast including Hawkmon, and Mimi has been with all of the first team's guys except Yamato but has included Sora. (More scenes and pictures than you can shake a stick at.)

(/sarcasm)

Breathing the same air and promotional pictures means absolutely nothing. The official pairings are Miyako/Ken and Sora/Yamato. Whether or not any of the cast did anything with each other before starting a family is unknown. However, no amount of evidence constitutes proof. Wedding rings and babies are proof, which Hikari's son is not Takeru's nor Daisuke's.

Hikari and Daisuke Pictures? - Lord Patamon - 05-27-2003

To Lord Archive: Show me one Picture of hikari standing with Daisuke like you said but that picture must be official no fanart.

To ThunderEchoes: You said it Yolei wants to touch Ken's hand indirectly she only uses Daisuke for that purpose so that not count at least in my opinion because Yolei wants Ken and to my Knowledge She and Daisuke never held hands because at the last moment Yolei prefer not do it, she prefer touch ken's real hand that touch Daisuke hand.

But like I said is only my opinion. :)

- Lord Archive - 05-27-2003

Lord Patamon, you entirely missed the point. A picture is not proof. So what if Hikari is holding hands with Takeru in a promotional picture? There are other promotional pictures of Taichi and Yamato in a romantic hug from TOEI as well, and Taito is certainly NOT an official couple.

One picture? Here are two pictures from within the series itself. Which, by the way, is stronger evidence than any promotional flyer.
(Cut and paste locations)

Hikari and Daisuke dancing:
http://www.geocities.com/daikari99/summer.jpg

Hikari and Daisuke sleeping together.
http://ally_4_u.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dk3.jpg

As for Daisuke and Miyako. The episode Iori first evolve Armadimon to Ankylomon where the Chosen are at the Village of Beginnings, Miyako gives Daisuke a hug from behind. This is the highest display of affection shown between the opposite sex after the much later Yamato and Sora scenes.

Am I the only Takari fan who thinks Daisuke stood a chance to be with Hikari as well?