Digiartists' Domain Community!
Sometimes I think the games play me... - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sometimes I think the games play me... (/showthread.php?tid=2140)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sometimes I think the games play me... - Xeno - 08-31-2003

Lately I've been addicted to two ungodly great video games. Tron 2.0 for PC, and Soul Caliber 2 for PS2.

Tron I've been waiting for like, years to come out, and it's been well worth the wait. I'm a huge fan of the original movie, and I must say it puts the old flick to shame. First off, the graphics are just amazing, I salivate just thinking about them. The LITHTECH engine they're incorporated for the game takes the geometric design and mind bogglig color schemes from the movie, and injects them with black tar heroin. The game is a visual treat, especially the glowing translucency of the eye-popping colors. Levels and background detail are all gorgeous eye candy. And the enemies and weapons are all graphically outstanding.

The sound effects are also a real treat, a lot taken directly from the movie, like the disc throwing, lightcycle revving, and de-rezzing effects.

But most importantly, the game is fun! I'm a big fan of FPS (First Person Shooter) games, and Tron is right up my alley. It's a nice balance of exploration, platforming, character building, and just plain action. The multiplayer shines as well. All in all it's a great package, and I'd recommend it to any PC gamer who likes FPS games!

Soul Caliber 2 is a lot like Tron, in how it's been highly anticipated, and really lives up to the hype.

If you liked the first one, it's a given you'll like the sequel. The same action is transferred to SC2, and then some. All the characters from the first are present, plus a slew of new ones.

I could go on about the graphics, sound, and control scheme, but I already bored you with my Tron thang, so I'll just say that SC2 frickin' rules! It's plain old violent video game fun, especially if you have two controllers and a friend to play with. Again, I highly recommend it.

Just thought I'd pass along the good word of gaming to anyone who cares. Plus I'm really bored...

So, anyone else play anything good lately?

- Darkfox - 08-31-2003

I've really only played most of my usual games as of late

No Mercy (64)
Smash Bros (64)
F-Zero X (64)
Bloody Roar 1,2,3 (PS1/2)
Syphon Filter 1 (PS1)
NHL'96 (PS1)

These games help me pass the time, plus they're getting oldschoolness on them already lol.

- Giznads - 08-31-2003

SC2. I should be getting that for my GC since Link is just so damn kewl.

I kind of want the PS2 version because the controller is so much better for a fighting game, but the load times are supposed to be horrible and if I really wanted to play Heihachi in a fighting game, I'd pop in Tekken.

Course there's the whole money issue for me.

I need a new job.

- Anus Individual 20 - 09-01-2003

I just, JUST got a PS2...I was gonna get a 'Cube, but my roomate, who works at Future Shop got a wicked deal on one, so, I'ma start getting intimate with games again.

- Darkfox - 09-01-2003

I was just playing Smackdown SYM for PS2, me and my two friends joe and jay are really diehard wrestling fans and we created ourselves on it, I beat them about 8 times in a row before they cheated to beat me, fucking nazi's lol.

- Frostbyte v3.0 - 09-01-2003

First of all, I would like to point out that I am a Nintendo vetran. I have never, NEVER ever touched another system. (Except one instance when I played Soul Calibur) I'm just weird that way. My personal top three, in order is:

Soul Calibur II (when it comes out. I played it at E3. That's right. I went to E3!)
Bloody Roar - Primal Fury
Metriod Prime (kikass)

When soul Calibur II comes out, I recommend getting it for Gamecube. The control setup is easier, the graphics are better (my opinion only) plus it has an exclusive character, Link. Yay.

- Darkfox - 09-01-2003

Yeah, Nintendo does kick ass, but I'm fairly partial to all systems, faves of all time go to SNES and Sega.

And as for Soul Calibur I honestly think Link has to be the best exclusive character....no offence to spawn or heiachi fans lol.

- Frostbyte v3.0 - 09-01-2003

Speaking of spawn, did you know that the character Necrid was based on a character written by Todd Mcfarlane?

Just wonderin...

- Darkfox - 09-01-2003

Yeah, but alot of SC2 fans really hate him lol.

- Ruhe - 09-01-2003

Dark Cloud 2. Although the fighting actions a little slow.
Dynasty Warrior 3.
Jade Cocoon 2.
R-Type Finale (shooting).

These games took away my sleeping hours...

[size=2]\"Palmon, please help me before they pierce my manhood!\" Patamon shouted painfully.