Digiartists' Domain Community!
What causes us to have certain fetishes? - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What causes us to have certain fetishes? (/showthread.php?tid=2112)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Frostbyte v3.0 - 08-28-2003

Quote: Togashi said: I think someday somebody will sue Disney for implanting sexual inuendos in their movies. Plus making their furry characters way too sexy

Don't say such things!!! With allthe craziness in the world today, It might actually happen... :shock:

But you right, in any case (^-^)

- georgebobbilly - 08-28-2003

Xeno is accually sort of correct. Fetishes are derived from something you like. When I was young I had a couple of Cats that I loved as pets (and pets only). As I grew older and discoverd Hentai and Cat Girls I emidiatly got into it it eventually developed into a fetish for Cute furry animals haveing sex. But fetishes can develop at an older age.

Darkfox Wrote:Can anyone define why I got a fur fetish? lol...I ain't got a clue, aside from the fact that I've always found maid marion from disney's robin hood kinda cute lol.

You ever had pets?

- Darkfox - 08-28-2003

Yeah, but if your trying to get to something there I've had no interest in actual animals, I'm not a zoophile.

- georgebobbilly - 08-28-2003

Thats wasn't my point the point is that your love for animals has maybe mixed with a love for anime then they mixed and something subconciense happened that mabye you didn't know and then it surfaced. So that could be it but since I don't know you personally and have never had a session with you I can't really tell you what causes your fur fetish. These are just preliminary findings.

By the way I speak as a psyco-analist (spelling).

- Darkfox - 08-28-2003

Really I had no idea lol....I dunno, maybe it's just been a dream of mine to want something I could never have, like an anthromorphic fox broad from the renaciaunce times....horrible spelling eh? lol.

- Darkfox - 08-28-2003

Really I had no idea lol....I dunno, maybe it's just been a dream of mine to want something I could never have, like an anthromorphic fox broad from the renaciaunce times....horrible spelling eh? lol.

- urban dream - 08-28-2003

Well, here's an explanation I read somewhere else (can't remember precicely where, tho): Western society and many others basically don't want you to have fetishes. That's because ever since the roman empire collapsed we had the church in power, telling us to have as little sex as possible, no sex before/outside of marriage, try not to enjoy it, shit like that. This only started changing in the late fifites/early sixties. And even though most people now consider it all right to have specific sexual preferences and talking about sex has become an everyday thing, our society is, on the whole, still rather prude. This makes having a fetish, especially one of the naughtier ones, still a sort of taboo thing. It's against the unwritten rules. Breaking these rules and getting away with it makes you feel powerful. And people like feeling powerful. Therefore, a lot of people like having fetishes... Except for the people who don't have the power to break the rules. I suppose there are individual explanations for all the different fetishes... But all in all, this seems pretty convincing.

- Giznads - 08-29-2003

I seriously don't know. I would imagine it's always there in your brain. Your born with it and it's just waiting for the right moment to come out. But I know nothing of psychology. In my opinion it's one of the worst things mankind has ever invented.

I have a foot fetish. I've had it ever since I could remember. 5 years old or possibly even younger.

Obviously my fetish developed early, but I had no idea it was a fetish or even what the hell a fetish even was til my pre teens.

Have no idea what brought it or if anything even brought it about. It just seemed to always be there.

...meh.

- InsaneImpmon - 08-29-2003

I'm pretty sure the fetishes has root in the childhood and preteens. Take watersports for example, I think I got started because back in elementary school, some of my friends and I often took a whizz behind the tree during recess because the school yard was so big nmost kids never have the chance of reaching the bathroom. I knew it was "wrong" back then but it kept with me.

- Waru_the_Magnificent - 08-30-2003

well, my watersports start was a tad more intimate... sort of.

I was at a friend of the family's house. I was PRETTY young (I assume 5 or 6), and I had to go to the bathroom. A girl a bit younger than me was also going to the bathroom (think she was the guy's daughter.. meh, it's a tad blurry). She had NO clothes on (probably the same time, I had ANOTHER fetish forming, but that's another tory), and I could see her little stream.

a strange story, but hey, it made me who I am.. sort of.