Join our server on Discord

Zombie survival RPG (Brain pool)
Zombies, everyone loves em right? Know we've tried zombie RPs in the past but never really went far, so before making one I'm pooling together the brain trust, which would be the rest of you, to pool together some ideas to make this RP a winner. Already decided it either won't involve furries, or the furries won't have special properties, after all where's the fun in a zombie apocalyps if someone like DMX could just punch the ground and kill every zombie in the city? So yeah that's the first issue, do we go with humans, or our handicapped furries?

Also want some thought put into characters backrounds. Example: A character that was a famous cat burglar before the outbreak would be capable of picking locked doors and stuff. Someone that used to be an MMA fighter would be good in combat. Stuff like that.

And third that I could think of was setting. We can either go with a large city or have a relatively small town that's been quarantined by the outbreak.

So post ideas, comments, whatever and I'll keep consulting the brain trust.

Slash: We need tacos!

The brain trust has spoken.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
You're just jealous not even a factory of steroids would give you muscles as big as these. *Flex*

On a more serious note though, I like the ideaaaaaaaa.

Let's all be college students or hot young teachers. Girls must wear hyper-cut micro-mini skirts and must minimally sport DD cups without forgetting that their waist-line must be micro-sized as well. Bubblebutts are optional but highly encouraged.

Okay, that wasn't serious either, but really! Zombie furries would look ugly. I want bona-fide zombies that have to be killed by normal people improvising weapons with seemingly infinite duct-tape.

ARGH. So many potential plagiaristic ideas- How about we keep the boobs?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Alright, ideas so far.

1. Zombies.
2. Boobs
3. *Deep voice and flashy backround* TINY MINI-SKIRTS!
4. Blatant plagiarism.

Mmhmm, not bad so far. Shaping up well.

Katt: *Vein twitching comically* Tiny-miniskirts huh? *Lifts up a massive hammer*

I think we need to copy off dead rising in having the RPG take place in a large mall or mall-like area. Better to have access to random items to be used as weapons. And yeah let's just go with humans, makes it alot easier.

Katt: *Fur suddenly vanishes as she shrinks about 2 feet, standing completely nude before falling over from the weight of the hammer* AHHH! WHERE'D MY FUR GO!?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
We've already tried a mall. How about a big unhindered science facility with all the cutting-edge anti-B.O.W. needed to take down the entire zombie horde, preferably in group-fractions proportional to the existing characters?

Dot: You're missing the whole "survival horror" point.

DMX: Wait, aren't we gonna mindlessly kill zombies and/or test how far they can reach hurl them as flat stones on lakes?

Dot: *Facesmack*

DMX: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the facility should have a big pool for testing too, huh.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
A large B.O.W. facility could be fitted in, but shouldn't be the entire area. Maybe later in the RPG or something. Quick access to advanced weaponry would be no diffrent than using our furs and just ripping through everything. And Dot's right,

*Hell*

Satan: *Sitting on a throne surrounded by flames* What? This place only freezes over when you or DMX are right. Now get out of here I'm busy.

*Back*

Want this to focus more on the survival than just the mindless zombie slaughtering. Which reminds me we need to think on weapon durability, obviously guns don't have infinite ammo, and after numerous strikes to zombie skull alot of stuff will break.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Dibs on the Defiler.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
What about just any scene frome carnivals(zombieland), random shops, and homes incase people want a few valuables that they want to keep close. Oh and construction sites! It'll be cool to see a person ram iron balls at them!

Also note make them incredibly fast moving zombies...it's not scary seeing a slowpoke undead.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Well... I've been working on this zombie story for a while now, it's about a 15 year old, anti-social nerd (a furry, yes, but with no special powers, lots of allergies, and a good tankard of common sense), who's town (a very regular town, with carpenters, pubs, hardware stores, gun stores and the like, but no malls, because it's a rather small town, and quite remote too.) is turned into a viral testing grounds while his parents let him alone to go salvage their marriage.

Basically, they're domed in, much like in the Simpsons Movie, with a special plastic fiber that's almost indestructible. They're told that it's a way to preserve rare flora and fauna around their town, and will only last a month, because they'll have collected enough samples to keep them from going extinct by then.

The water is then tainted with a virus that first kills the infected, then reanimates the cells and scrambles the neural pattern to make the zombies act on instinct alone, like animals. The main character is not infected because he basically survives on fruit drinks and soda, and other families aren't infected because they collect rainwater and tanks and drink that instead.

Unfortunately, over 70 to 80% of the town is infected. X3 Using common sense (and some paranoia, with the help of the town nut, a conspiracy-obsessed ex government agent), the main character deduces what is going on, and how to survive as long as possible.

Deductions:

*No one is getting out alive. The town will be sacrificed for data. He just wants live long enough to see how it ends.

*The dome is to prevent birds and other wild animals from interfering with the project. It also keeps the temperature constant.

*The virus does not affect feral animals.

*The virus is spread via biting, but not clawing. To get infected, fluids have to mingle, so close-quarter combat is not advised.

*Headshots are VERY tricky to pull off in video games. In real life, it is even trickier.

*Zombie movies will get you killed! The stuff they try there WILL get you killed.

Zombie Specs:

*Some zombies are fast, while others who are say, damaged, are rather slow.

*Birds, dogs and other animals WILL eat them. They do not feel pain. They do not mind. They may get injured, tripping and and scraping themselves here and there, and those things pile up until hey eventually can't move. Also, maggots. A zombie's worst enemy.

*They are dead. They are rotting. They need their brain to function, so they all have expiration dates. Every day that passes makes a zombie move slower and use it's instincts less.

*Cannibalistic. They only eat other humans/furries, and their instinct tells them to keep on eating. They don't get full. They will not eat other zombies because they want to eat things that are alive.

*Will hunt in packs.

Well, that's what I've got in my little story so far. It's not perfect, and there are lotsa things that need explaining in it, but hopefully some of these things can be useful! X3
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
I like the idea, but this made me raise my eyebrow.

Quote:*They are dead. They are rotting. They need their brain to function, so they all have expiration dates. Every day that passes makes a zombie move slower and use it's instincts less.

Usually, as someone's brain 'wanes' over time, instinct is what remains on its own. That applies to animals and humans alike so I'd say it works on furries too. It's difficult to make it apply to zombies, but they already have intellectually decayed to a point of no return. What's the challenge, then, if their instinct also disappears?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Hmm... they stop moving and stand there, blocking the way, and stinking up the place? XD

That part only applies to my story, where the main character has to survive, and that time limit on zombie freshness is sorta like his timer. He wants to survive longer than the zombies can last. XD We don't really need to have that part in the RP, otherwise everyone can just stay indoors with a stock of food and water and wait for them to rot. X3
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers