Join our server on Discord

DVD Writing Problem.
Been trying to search for a solution for a good three hours now and all I get are inconclussive threads with people going back and forth whining about the same problem and no solution. That or I'm too blind/lazy to understand what I gotta do.

Here's the problem. Few days ago I got DVD Descrypter, a DVD burning program as far as I've been led to believe.

So, using this program, I successfully and flawlessly burnt an image using the ISO -> Write action on a fresh DVD. Everything's cool.

Today, I tried doing the same, but before I could even begin writing, the DVD I put in, which was bought in the same bundle of the first one (Which burnt successfully), is, in the program's eyes "Not Empty".

So I went to try with another DVD, then another and another. All of them were "Not Empty" despite each and every god-forsaken time they were freshly bought DVDs. I don't believe in coincidences.

No, I didn't buy half a dozen DVDs and only one happened to be good.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVD Descrypter, got the same response. Restarted my PC after uninstalling again and reinstalled it once more. I put in one of the DVDs and my PC finally recognized the media, and DVD Decrypter finally allowed me to burn another image.

However, when I tried to burn yet a new one again, the same "Disc Not Empty" problem started happening all over again. -_-

The problem clearly isn't my DVDs, but either the program or my drive.

I got rid of DVD Decrypter and downloaded BlindWrite, tried with it, but it says: "Media is too small" which is bullshit because it's a 4.7 GB DVD and the image is only 2.30 GB heavy.

From this I conclude that there's no conclussion.

In other words, I'm friggin' lost here, I need help with locating and treating the problem. Could anyone offer advice? I wanna know what's happening here, I wanna be able to burn images again without having to resort to luck. <_<

And please, do not advice me to buy new or different DVDs. I've already established that the problem isn't the DVDs as I could (For some lucky reason) burn a second image after reinstalling and restarting many times.

Help D:
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Do you have a DVD-RW drive? That could be the issue. I'm pretty sure:

DVD-R = Can only READ them
DVD-RW = Can read and write to them
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
My drive is DVD-RW. And I just found out what the problem was thanks to (unexpectedly) my sister.

Taught me something I had never really paid attention to. Y'know that circumference that expands from the center of the disc and keeps expanding until the rim of it until it's been completely written? Well, the circle on three of the DVDs were expanded from the center to about 5 millimetres away, while the remaining fourth had its circle nearly touching the rim of the DVD, indicating that all four of them had been already been used to burn something and the process was incomplete.

I was sold defective DVDs, grr.

Never again.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad