Join our server on Discord

Thanks for the advice! But...
What type of girl is she? All girls are different and trying to talk to/seduce one type of girl in one manner won't fly with another. AKA: A raver chick who likes getting high, partying, and getting new tattoos won't respond to the same guy who a church-going, chaste, delicate flower would go for.

What can you tell us that you know about this girl? Any info from how she looks to how she behaves, what her hobbies are, what kinds of friends she keeps, etc. would help us give you better advice.

Oh, and hi, btw! :)
-Soni (randomly back from the dead)
Hi Soni!
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Hey look. It's Soni. Cool. Nice to randomly see him every so often.
Well, Soni (Hello, by the way). I have very limited information, due to the fact that the only time I have a chance to talk to her is in french class. This ordinarily wouldn't be a problem, but my teacher teaches from bell to bell. Uhg. But I do talk to a mutual friend. And according to her, here is the information I have.

- She likes video games, especially The Legend of Zelda
- She likes movies
- She has a tightly knit pack of friends (in this metaphor, the girls are like wolves and move everywhere as a group. This is not meant to be derogatory in any way, shape, or form)
- She is always making inside jokes, sometimes at the expense of others and often in reference to pop culture
- ... and that's it. I'm still working on getting to know her, because it's hard thanks to that class
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
(11-23-2010 08:43 AM)Maahes Wrote: Well, Soni (Hello, by the way). I have very limited information, due to the fact that the only time I have a chance to talk to her is in french class. This ordinarily wouldn't be a problem, but my teacher teaches from bell to bell. Uhg. But I do talk to a mutual friend. And according to her, here is the information I have.

- She likes video games, especially The Legend of Zelda
- She likes movies
- She has a tightly knit pack of friends (in this metaphor, the girls are like wolves and move everywhere as a group. This is not meant to be derogatory in any way, shape, or form)
- She is always making inside jokes, sometimes at the expense of others and often in reference to pop culture
- ... and that's it. I'm still working on getting to know her, because it's hard thanks to that class

Well, hmmm... That's a good effort, but sadly a lot of that is sorta useless information. It's mostly surface stuff. The kind of person she is will pretty much dictate how you should approach her to be considered boyfriend material.

You can do this with 3 main things: Her sexual nature, her romantic nature, and her outlook on life.

Is she the type of person who would more likely suppress a negative sexual experience or is she the type of person who would cope with a negative sexual experience by mentally reducing the importance of sex itself?

Is she the type of person who would date lots of different guys or is she more likely to commit to one guy and keep him as her boyfriend?

Is she realistic about the future or does she have some sort of ideal dream goal she's striving for?

Look for clues to these questions in her behavior, and any clues you can find out from your mutual friend. Be warned: if you ask these questions to either her or your friend directly you'll look really weird. You might also get misinformation. (Especially about the sex thing.)

Here are some examples:
If she seems to have no problem talking about sex or sexuality, she's the type of person who would deal with a negative sexual experience by reducing the importance of sex. A symptom of that mindset is the ability to speak freely and openly about it because, "Hey, it's just sex."

If she has a lot of "guy friends" that she flirts with or teases, she's probably not the type to commit to one guy because she'd rather have her emotions fed by lots of male partners.

If she has her perfect wedding planned out or knows what she wants to do in order to achieve her dream job, she's an idealist.

Get it?

It's hard as heck to tell these things when you never talk to her, so see what you can learn about her, keeping these 3 points in mind, while you watch her. Keep a mental note of anything you can think of that jumps out at you.

From what you've told me, she likes anime and video games. These are the types of activities that don't brew a wide social network of friends normally. You also mentioned that she has a very close-knit group of friends. This would lead me to believe she's the type of person who'd only date one guy. The type of girl who'd go out with lots of different guys would also be more social (and no, online forums don't count ;)) and try to make more friends outside of her comfort zone.

I don't know this girl so I'm only basing this on the info you've given. If you can get some good evidence that would answer the other two questions, I'll bet I'd be able to help you out.
-Soni

P.S. Hi, tigerlily! Hi UnknownH!
Damn... You're like, THE Woman Translator (sorry, inside joke that nobody here would understand)!

But yeah, I realize that most of this is surface stuff but I have yet to get an opportunity to actual have a decent conversation with the girl. But I am working on that. Another obstacle that actually stands in my way is her friends. It's hard to talk to anybody when they are around their friends, because they adopt a different mindset around their companions than that that they might have when they are alone. And since they are a very close pack (once again, no offense to females), they are always together. This wouldn't be a problem, if they weren't in the only class I have her in!

But yeah thanks for the advice! I rarely get any that works, and I hope yours helps. But I'll keep you all posted in this thread.

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
A better reference would be The Woman Whisper. But he does give good advice.
He's a Woman Whisperer as well, but unless you saw "S-Troupe Seals The Deal" Last may, or maybe it was "S-Troupe Slaps You Silly" In January? But unless you saw one of those two shows, you wouldn't get it. Has anybody seen those two shows?

I got off topic...

Hi there, Soni. Thanks for dropping by.
The Infamous Boss Reo