Join our server on Discord

Poll: Is this new style good or bad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like it. He looks even cooler than normal.
0%
0 0%
I hate it. Dante was awesome before, why fix what's not broken?
100.00%
1 100.00%
Who cares? He could look like a giant brick as long as the gameplay's good.
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DMC reboot

Yeah I don't know what to think of this, I've loved devil may cry since I first played it. Aside from DMC 2 which was was kinda boring by comparison to the first it's been an amazing series. So long as the gameplay's still as fun as it's always been I'm not too worried but what's the point of a reboot when a series is doing good? I'm really wondering what's going on at capcom meetings nowadays.

*Capcom building*

Man: Devil may cry, go.

Other man: Work on the combo system to make it more fast paced and fun than ever, also give him cooler weapons.

Man: You're fired.

other man: Oh, make him go from being a completely awesome badass to looking like some emo teenager?

Man: GENIUS! Give that man a raise.

I just don't like the thought that if this reboot does good, even if it's a good game, it'll mean no more of the dante I know and love, or Nero who was just a blast to play as with his devil bringer.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
They say it's an alternate universe so that makes perfect sense. Still not very good but perfect sense. Better play well or they'll have problems.
WHERE'D THE AWESOME WHITE HAIR GO?!

On the note of Bricks. Look at Panel #6.

[Image: HTP_015_Devil_May_Cry_4.jpg]
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Seems to be common with game remakes/reboots, lately. Radically overhauling a character isn't always a good thing, as the Spyro and Crash series have proved.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Yeah and the biggest problem with those, at least as far as I've been able to figure form the spyro ones, is that they changed the gameplay considerably to the point it was barely even the same style. The original ones seemed more platformer, and the reboots seemed more action/adventure. That's what's got me worried the most. A simple cosmetic change, while annoying, won't turn me off a game so long as it's still fun to play, just worried that they'll take the series in a completely diffrent direction from how it's been.

And I still wanna find out whoever thought it was a good idea to turn Dante into an emo tomboy.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Or the game could just be called Dmc, and not abbreviate to Devil May Cry, and by coincidence the name of the hero is Dante.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Anyone else notice that Dante 2.0 looks like Vincent Valentine if he took off those red scarfs and got a haircut?

Eh, I don't really have much to add. It would be nice if companies would try making some new IPs rather than rebooting everything, but eh, as long as they make a good game then everything will be alright.

Crimson: And if you want to get real technical, the end of Super Mario Galaxy 1 rebooted the entire Mario series because the universe was basically reset. XD /This is a fucking joke!
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Saw this on Twitter.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/c.../first.jpg
If you don't get it, you may be a nerd.
XD I loved that movie!

And the new game... oh dear. Can't we have had one that focused on Nero, or even Sparda instead? I'd like to see what they did in the past, where Vergil has been all this time before DMC2 and DMC3, and see just how badass the sire of Dante and Vergil is!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Me too, SPvTW needs more love! XD

*looks at image again* Uh, so would Bayonetta play the part of "Demon Hipster Chick #2"?
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions