Join our server on Discord

The software programmers
Last week, I was assigned as a 3D animator for the programmers. This week, I went to them to find out what it is they wanted and take a look at the document they WERE SUPPOSED TO have. They had no document. To make matters worse, they tried to get me to change my job from 3D animator to 3D modeler. This IS a big issue, people.

First off, a document detailing the game is very, VERY important. It is the Bible where all the information is contained. Once it's finalized, it is the foundation. It is everything. If the document is shitty, the project will turn out the same. If there is NO document, you're looking at a Duke Nukem Forever.

As it turns out, the programmers are all working on different projects for different things. It's something they do every year. About 100% of the projects fail due to piss-poor planning. You'd think I would have learned by now.

Anyways, I got into an argument with one of the programmers because he was trying to get me reassigned to do the 3D modeling job. After class ended, I went to the teacher spearheading the project and I told him that the group has to get their shit together. I told him that I wasn't going to step out of my position I was hired for to write a document or lead the project or model for them, something I was very prone to do in the past when I was actually a core member of the game projects. This time, I was demonstrating a lot of restraint and drawing a clear line of death in the sand. I told them that I'm not here to lead the project, or write their document, or create 3D models. I'm there to animate for them.

I gave him an ultimatum. I told him that I would give him and the programmers 3 weeks to make a document and an asset list detailing what needed to be done. If they didn't follow through, I will quit the project.

It's not like they have much of a choice in artists, anyways. My generation of artists at that school are close to or already graduated. We were the closest ones to the programmers, and that foundation is rocky at best. The next generation are mostly mooks who dick around most of the time and don't seem to want to put in any real effort into anything. Once my generation is gone, the groups will have to start from scratch, and they won't have the Anthony, Simms, or Lost there to unite the two again. And this is the exact thing that Simms was trying to prevent all of last year.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
You gotta realize these guys are dicking around, because programmers are supposed to have 3 skills:
1) Ability to learn new languages (as in Spanish/french/etc)
2) Amazing problem solving
3) PLANNING OBSESSION
Guess which is most important.
protip: check rule 31.
How many programmers have you been around?

The OCA
I am one.
Well these guys aren't like that. I've been around them long enough to know their top 3 obsessions:

1. Starcraft
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Programming...craft

The OCA
Then they're either trying to be hackers or don't understand how hard it is to be a programmer nowadays.
You two oughta work together :D
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Naaaah, Lost said hired! Issa broke.
Programming is hard. The head of my school's computer section doesn't do programming as it was always too hard for him. That said something to me. That Programming is really hard.
You have to be a kind of person for it, or have practiced it most of your life.