Join our server on Discord

final fantasy 9 issue.
Okay old game I know but started playing it recently, problem is it keeps glitching up. I'm at disk 3 where you need to enter kuja's base or whatever in the sand pits, but when I get into the sand I bump into that giant worm thingy. It uses sandstorm and the game just glitches, the attack never comes, ATB gauges still fill up and I can still input attacks but I can't do anything until the monster finishes it's attack, but the attack never comes.

To simplify it's kinda like this.

normal procedure AKA what SHOULD happen:

Monster uses Sandstorm, sandstorm animation, input commands for my characters, my guys attack.

Here's what happens:

Monster uses sandstorm, nothing, input commansd to do stuff, guys stand around waiting for sandstorm to finish which it never does.

I don't know what to do. At this point I'm thinking all I can do is either A. buy a new copy which isn't going to happen since the things are nowhere, B. Get a ROM and play on my ePSXe which I don't want to do cause that's 16 hours of work gone. C. Say fuck it snap the disc in two and go read a book.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
If that is happening in your PS2, it could be an anti-piracy check. Something similar happens when you fight Deus in Xenogears' second disk iin the PS2. So, yeah. Unless you're a collector, you've my permission to practise good 'ol fashioned karate on that rebel disc.

I'm thinking of getting an ISO for FF IX, now that you mention it.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I have had games glitch on me when my first Playstation 2 was about to kick the bucket. Shadow, has yours been having problems with any other games?

Also, is it possible to just run away from the Sand Worm before it uses Sandstorm or is he a forced mini-boss you have to fight? It's been a while since I played FF9 so I forgot.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
No the only issue's with FF9 so far, all my other games work fine, even ones in far worse condition than FF9. And I already thought of that Crimson, unfortunately then discovered about half an hour later that sandstorm isn't the only ability that freezes the game lol. So yeah just downloaded the rom, wasn't as bad as I expected thanks to the remove FPS thingy ePSXe has, was able to speed through cutscenes that usually take 20 minutes in like 2 so squeezed 16 hours of gameplay into about half the time.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Oh yeah! FRS skip for the win! XD
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Sometimes a little scratch in the disc can screw it up, while worse scratches will do nothing. It's all in the placement based on where the data is stored. It's always a remote chance that the scratch will go through blank data blocks, and not hurt anything.
I am not Toph! I am Melon Lord! Muahahahahaha!
(09-07-2010 01:55 PM)DragonMasterX Wrote: Something similar happens when you fight Deus in Xenogears' second disk iin the PS2.

I don't recall anything wonky happens. What's the anti-piracy measure in Xenogears?
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

Well, that's what I read in a Walkthrough in GameFAQs, anyways. Basically, there's this attack that Deus ABSOLUTELY cannot use if you're playing Xenogears while on a PS2.

If Deus uses THAT attack (Which I don't even recall the name of), then the game is supposed to freeze.

My mentioning that was because I'm assuming Shadow's using his PS2 to run Final Fantasy IX, so it could be similar.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(09-09-2010 01:27 PM)Mute Point Wrote: Sometimes a little scratch in the disc can screw it up, while worse scratches will do nothing. It's all in the placement based on where the data is stored. It's always a remote chance that the scratch will go through blank data blocks, and not hurt anything.

I agree, once with another game, House of the Dead 2, I've probably played and beaten it over 12 times, but one day it froze while loading lv5 up. I checked the disk and there was one tiny scratch on it and because of it I couldn't play it anymore -.-''

So yeah... could be that.

Nyaa... Will be around but not very much.
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions