Join our server on Discord

We need more Writers.
I've noticed this for some time, I guess only now since there are only three (roughly) active RPs for me to check every day and now I've arguably more time to jump-browse our art-related pads.

Guess the "ppl" part of the decline in written stuff has been overshadowed by the fact that, recently, Lost and I (With me taking requests) have been prominently coming up with new material roughly twice a week. But I still don't like it that the DaD only has two people interested in spamming the section with their work.

Guys, really, let's give a jump to our activity. I can't really speak for everyone's tastes, but even if Lost or I don't directly match your tastes, we would all appreciate discussion and/or comments. I'm a victim of the "read & drop" thing too and I admit it, but I wanna change that. Even if a piece of literature takes a lot longer to appraise than simply oogling over a picture and saying "ooh, sexy. Me likes" that same kind comment would make a writer like me enjoy writing more than I already do.

Next, why isn't everyone else submitting anything? Surely there are short-stories, lemons or original, poems, ideas, landscape descriptions, character profiles, etcetera that your mind has produced. Why don't you share that in the Author's Den and give us more stuff to talk about daily?

It's kinda boring to just get Crimson's comments (No offense to him, he makes me laugh) and the requesters' thank you. I'm sure there's some sorta side-comment you'd like to add, we all have our different opinions. Why don't you share 'em?

Seriously, doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes this place feels less like a community and a cluster of 'lil individualized groups. We need more activity!

Oh, and don't take any offense people at RPs or Digimon Chat. I actually like talking about Xros, makes it feel like we're still alive.

Anyway, discuss.

/emo
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I don't write much because I'm lazy. :P That and I don't have any ideas at all.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Yes, I'll join in your crusade. I'll focus all my energy into working on new and unfinished material. I will be focuse, I will be determined, nothing will distract me from... hey what's that link up there? That was never there before, *clicky clicky* Awww, cute racoon.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I write a lot, but I haven't been posting my work here. It's mostly been posted at FurAffinity and SoFurry (and, recently, for my original stories, ASSTR).

I will agree with Mar here. There has been a huge disinterest in the Author's Den. As a whole, there is a very minimal amount of content created for the DaD. Even though Red Rover is back, he doesn't really submit new things here; only FA and SF. I have been discouraged from posting my stuff here (and GOD do I have stuff to post!) because no one seems to notice or care. Besides, the people who do care enough have a FurAffinity account, thereby voiding all reason to post it here.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Quote:I don't write much because I'm lazy. Tongue That and I don't have any ideas at all.

Then help by reading and commenting when something new comes out~ You might be able to help someone or just make 'em happy and satisifed. Everyone needs a small ego boost every now and then.

Quote:Yes, I'll join in your crusade. I'll focus all my energy into working on new and unfinished material. I will be focuse, I will be determined, nothing will distract me from... hey what's that link up there? That was never there before, *clicky clicky* Awww, cute racoon.

If you feel like you cannot continue with WIP or you just are looking for ideas, it's a perfect time to review the uses of our Den of Inspiration and/or D-PAW.

Do you remember what they are for? If not, then pay attention: They are helpful to Authors and wannabethereof! Post those ideas that you wanna do but you don't feel any motivation to in the Den. Maybe a simple "You'd do great in writing that!" or a more developed: "I'd add this and that to make it even cooler!" will just pump your confidence and that's all you'll need to finish your work.

Use the D-PAW if you've been procrastinating with your half-finished or WIP project. Who knows? Maybe a member will give you fresh ideas or contents that will be just what you need to jump over a stepping stone that was setting you back.

Guys, you gotta REALIZE that we can ALL help and benefit each other from using the Author's Den forum area as it was intended to. I don't care about any Golden Age or Living in the Past. I want DaD to live on for as long as I can make it last, and one of the things that have always made it absolutely fantastic is the fact that we have the liberty and ability to talk, chat, discuss, joke around and comment about whatever contribution anyone decides to add to our community.

So if you've anything you need help with, I don't guarantee my immediate response and solution to your problems, but maybe someone else who hopefully will get spirited enough will have it. I want to have fun with DaD again, 'kay? Let's work towards making it funner!

Quote:I will agree with Mar here. There has been a huge disinterest in the Author's Den. As a whole, there is a very minimal amount of content created for the DaD. Even though Red Rover is back, he doesn't really submit new things here; only FA and SF. I have been discouraged from posting my stuff here (and GOD do I have stuff to post!) because no one seems to notice or care. Besides, the people who do care enough have a FurAffinity account, thereby voiding all reason to post it here.

We're ALL at fault for the disinterest. We gotta find a way to rekindle it. That's why we all joined here in the first place, to be or to admire DigiArtists. The concept has been broadened since when I joined back at the end of 2005 and it now allows several other fandoms as well as stuff like furries/scalies. So what. Digital Artists, that's what many of us are. So let's start making a name for us with what we can!

So seriously, everyone. Don't feel pressured or anything. Your work doesn't have to be finished or even longer than a single page of Microsoft Word. Do you have anything you want to share? Then share it! That's what the Author's Den has been made for!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I often times post-it note to read fics in my head but forget. And if I wasn't lazy and knew I could write, I'd write a lot. I have ideas.
I've told you to lay out requests, people might answer to you, and fast too~

And if you've ideas, then why don't you use the Den of Inspiration? We could talk about 'em there.

And yes, read! Read lots of stuff! X3
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
will writes for food

I can help. :3
If the requests are good, anyways. :D
Make a topic to take requests then~ I'm currently stacked, and there have been people coming to me from here that I haven't been able to acomodate in yet.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I write whenever I get the chance. I got a couple of lemons done by me at least an year ago, I have loads of poems too x3 but meh me ish to shy to show them x3 plus I think I suck when it comes to write anything lol
[Image: KuranKaname1.png]
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions