Join our server on Discord

HighSchool of the Dead review.
Taken from my FurAffinity journal...

*Plows through requests piles and starts typing*

Hello Watchers and rest of FA, how are you? Hope you're feelin' great. I am, and for several great reasons, excited as heck, but I'll have to discuss the monumental amounts of random stuff that make me happy some other time. I just hope you all are happy the same if not more than I!

For now though, I'd like to discuss an anime I recently stumbled upon on the net. It's fairly new from what I gather- I read that it has 13 episodes and the raws are up to Episode 8 so far. It has a manga adaptation though, and if my friend's words are accurate it's long finished.

Regardless. Let me be straight with all of you. This anime rocks beyond the limits of what several chicken launchers installed in your favorite mech or weaponized vehicle/suit of armor can or will ever be able to rock.

Why? How?

REASON NUMBER 1! Highschool short-skirted hot girls.

REASON NUMBER 2! Huge, bouncy bouncy giggity-giggity-giggity boobs! (With 'boing' background sounds for effect, eeeeeee! XD)

REASON NUMBER 3! ZOMBIES. GORE. SPLATTER.

It's the anime made for the Man. If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out. Go go go! Read the manga or hunt for the anime!

Oh and.

Reason Number 2.69! Lots and lots of fan-service at episode 6.

Now for a less hormone-driven review. (May contain Spoilers, read at your own risk)

While the acronym forms H.O.T.D. and it could be taken in context, by any avid rail shooter player, as House of the Dead, this anime is more like a Resident Evil-kind of plot where the city is slowly overrun by plain walking undead that feed on human flesh and propagate like- well, a plague. This gets us a great setting of a city that has been thrown into a world of panic and apocalyptical reprisal, and the high-school where our protagonists are is just one of the many places that has been hit by said plague.

Our protagonists are a small band of high-schoolers, hot girls and cool dudes. They are resourceful as heck, not McGiver, but very accurate into what they pick up to make weapons, making it more realistical instead of, for some reason, adding firearms to a modern japanese educational institution. That gets a bonus from my part.

The series is, at times, packed with action, matrix-like zoom ins and zoom outs as well as slow-motion captures, sometimes it's filled with traditional japanese cartoonish comedy (Acting weird during a world-crisis! :3), sometimes it gets a tad dramatic (For further immersion, like any good script should have! <3) and sometimes it's just a whole set of seconds devoted to zooming in under the girls' skirts or the jiggling effect of their immense racks.

Yes, this series has it all, from goreish eye-splattering gut-ridden bloody messes to hot blonde ginormously busty young air-headed nurses that keep unintentionally using their boobs for comedic and arousing effects at the worst times (For the heroes).

Only have watched up to the end of episode 6 and I'm (Guilty as charged) in love with this.

Truly, a series devoted to Men. Horny, testosterone-high, explicit violence-loving Men.

I recommend it to you all, people! Go waaaaaatch!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Oh wow! I read that manga! I didn't know it was an anime! I shall go watch it, Boss! X3
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
It's semi-new. It's kinda confusing, so here's wikipedia to the rescue.

Highschool of the Dead began serialization in Monthly Dragon Age in July 2006, but went on hiatus from the end of 2008 until March 2010, with another short break between May and July 2010.

So far as I can tell the manga's still going. Also I'm not positive until I see the anime but from how long the Mangas are I think they're both pretty accurate with eachother. In other words the TV show is a direct animation of the manga instead of deviating from the plot of the manga due to time constraints. Again don't know since I haven't seen the anime, and with alot of manga's that become anime they stay the same for a bit but the anime slowly overtakes the manga and either has to deviate from the manga plot or go on hiatus.

Quick edit: At the end of the most recent manga, chapter 26, it said that the next one would be coming out in the october issue on september 9th.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Just watched the first 9 episodes (all the subs). This show is a hell of a lot of fun and has some awesome fanservice. It's a great blend of action, comedy, horror, and as mentioned, fanservice.

I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Also, attached is my favorite possible fanservice...apron!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Shizuka. On the bath tub. Lifting her gigantic jugs to measure how 'heavy and big' they are in front of protagonist's gf.

Oh, that was just lovely. Huge breasts, who can live without 'em.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
This is probably the best anime I have watched in a while. It's a lot of fun, has a premise that is not done to death (not in a TV series anyhow), and really has a potential to go on until everyone is dead...afterall survival is the point.

Kohta MUST get some action from Saya!

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
And Shizuka needs to run naked more often. She's so darn cute with her carefree mannerism in a zombie apocalypse.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Before end of ep 10, there's some f/f scenes. I like. :D
Find me at SoFurry.com and Furrypile.co.uk
[Image: 3813135.png] [img][Image: YVNJ5.gif][/img]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
very funny of you Werewolf it is a good one
Sucks 8D that's my opinion x3
[Image: NozomuSig.png]