Join our server on Discord

Digimon Xros Wars Manga Adaptation
Created this thread for those who also follow and wish to talk about the manga adaptation chapter by chapter.

I've read the previous chapters already, and somehow we noticed differences from the anime. Some of these were the flow of the story and probably a little deviation on some of the characters' mannerism; For instance, Shoutmon in the manga has the tendency to speak English phrases occasionally. Dorurumon was also depicted to display humorous expression often compared to his TV counterpart; these and many more can be observed.

For those who haven't read the last two chapters, please feel free to click on the link below;

V-Jump's Official Xros Wars E-Manga section

It's legal, and Chapters 1 to 2 will only last until September 20th.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
Oh sweetness~! I am so reading this online! It's a shame onemanga took down everything though, now I have to use google! X3
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
(08-23-2010 02:10 AM)Psycho Backlasher Wrote: It's a shame onemanga took down everything though, now I have to use google! X3

Yup, the Scanlation legal issue thingamajig. Though it's generous of V-Jump to put the two chapters up online.

Preview for next Chapter: Xros Wars Girls! The Mysterious Beauty Nene! Aka. the Love Triangle!
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
I think that is awesome. Hey, you have an idea or two for pics huh.
How do you solve a love triangle? OP3. Or in English. Threesome.

This is a good adaptation. Different but good.
Recently read Chapter 3 as well. The manga seems to be more or less running its own pace of the story; with the latest chapter leading directly to a confrontation with Tactimon.

Among other differences, Ballistamon seem to have a manga exclusive Digixros as well in the form of Mushroomon Cottage/Cafe, and seems the entire Green Zone Digimon also tagged along for the ride... There maybe no onsen scene, but that part (Heroes' momentary R and R.) seems to parallel a bit with their nice and comfy dinner at said cottage. Probably the only fan service there is the bikini Nene at the end. :p

Speaking of Nene, seems she took the liberty of taking over Island Zone. As well as thrashing Neptunemon and his army. Something that Taiki did in the anime.

Probably Magma Zone's gonna end up as Kiriha's domain with Ancient Volcamon and his Meramon Corps as casualty..
That might be interesting. And a twist.
I have been hearing that manga Nene indicated that the color of her Xros Loader (Black) indicates her being empty/void. That somewhat also reflects to her anime version's stoic and sinister personality.

She seems also to have a thing with strong girls.
Oh she should be as fun as Yoshino and the Duo from last year.
Just awesome. I hope you were taking notes for pic ideas. heh heh
(08-31-2010 01:29 PM)UnknownH Wrote: Oh she should be as fun as Yoshino and the Duo from last year.
Just awesome. I hope you were taking notes for pic ideas. heh heh

Oh, YESH.

Good. Glad to know you're formulating too.