Join our server on Discord

Shoutmon--the main villian? Crackpot theory
Okay, before you say I'm crazy this is just a theory but consider for a moment we get to the last episode and the last supposedly main villian warns Taiki in his dying breath that he hasn't won...that evil is still among you, that's he been blind to it all along. I mean, think about it...Shoutmon is trying to become Digimon King, and Taiki has the "honor" of being his general. Who's to say that once Shoutmon obtains his goal he won't turn on his friends the next minute?

The Bagura Army is quite a threat, and before we met Shoutmon...he was dying. Maybe his competition almost did him in to get rid of him and obtain the seat of power for themselves. Maybe he's the equivalent of Myotismon from Adventure 02...waiting for the right moment to strike. Once they've conquered the Digital World, Shoutmon will go about face and wreak havoc like the insane lizard he is. It would be awesome to see Taiki try and face down the partner he's trusted all season long. Could he do in his best friend?

Thoughts?
[Image: Ikuto_Peckmon4_Ever.jpg]
"I'll keep you safe...forever."
Peckuto
It's an interesting theory. Though I doubt it being the case. As it seems a bit complicated for the shows target audience.

It's not completely out of the question and would be unique.

Like your new sig btw
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
It's kind of far-fetched given that Shoutmon's done the whole "I have to protect everyone!" melodrama to keep Taiki in the Digital World. I mean, just because he's depicted as a berserker with his attacks doesn't automatically give him a dark profile.

Not saying your theory isn't interesting though. Would actually spice things up to see Shoutmon suddenly reveal something akin to a 'true form' or something once he becomes King, and to start annihilating things left and right~
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well, the hero being the bad guy was done in Jinzo, maybe Shoutmon could be a general that was reborn and forgot his origins, it would make the story most interesting after all.

But the whole "You havent wont yet" thing has been done in Digimon to death since Devimon, so who knows?
Well, he does have those psychotic looks on his eyes when he executes his attacks... :D
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
Quote:Well, the hero being the bad guy was done in Jinzo, maybe Shoutmon could be a general that was reborn and forgot his origins, it would make the story most interesting after all.

That's not quite right. You're not factoring Ballistamon, Starmon (Who considers Shoutmon his 'japanese-like' older brother), the Pickmonz, Jijimon and etcetera who are people from the village of smiles (Still shuddering at the engrossingly diabetes-inducing name of this location) that know and follow him.

UNLESS IT'S ALL A BIG CONSPIRATION AND THEY ALL ARE STAYING QUIET TO FOOL THE HUMANS INTO HELPING THEM RETAKE THEIR EVIL CASTLE! *Lighting-strikes* BWAHAHAHA!

o:

Quote:Well, he does have those psychotic looks on his eyes when he executes his attacks...

BERSERKER! Call it Berserker Mode! *Fumes through nostrils*
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(08-22-2010 08:49 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: That's not quite right. You're not factoring Ballistamon, Starmon (Who considers Shoutmon his 'japanese-like' older brother), the Pickmonz, Jijimon and etcetera who are people from the village of smiles (Still shuddering at the engrossingly diabetes-inducing name of this location) that know and follow him.

If Shoutmon was reborn before Taiki saved him in the first episode, he would at first be a digiegg, so he could have a brother and still had been a bad Digimon in a past life.
(08-22-2010 10:07 AM)BlackVeedramon Wrote:
(08-22-2010 08:49 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: That's not quite right. You're not factoring Ballistamon, Starmon (Who considers Shoutmon his 'japanese-like' older brother), the Pickmonz, Jijimon and etcetera who are people from the village of smiles (Still shuddering at the engrossingly diabetes-inducing name of this location) that know and follow him.

If Shoutmon was reborn before Taiki saved him in the first episode, he would at first be a digiegg, so he could have a brother and still had been a bad Digimon in a past life.

Digitamas don't exist in this series. Digimon simply explode into data when they die.
[Image: signature.png]
(08-22-2010 06:39 AM)BlackVeedramon Wrote: Well, the hero being the bad guy was done in Jinzo
Yes but how many people saw that show? Ha ha ha. (I did)
Seriously, I don't think that'll be it. Nice theory though.
Quote:If Shoutmon was reborn before Taiki saved him in the first episode, he would at first be a digiegg, so he could have a brother and still had been a bad Digimon in a past life.

I think I know what you're trying to say- but it's still something far fetched and unnecessarily complicated.

BlackVeedramon, you're saying that Shoutmon, in this hypothetical scenario of yours (which wasn't invalidated by CloneWarrior's speculation by the way; every show has digimon bursting into pixels, the fact that digitamas didn't immediately appear here doesn't automatically mean there's no Beggining Town or whatever the place where digitamas appear is), was once a digimon of malicious intent, was somehow defeated and turned into a digitama, and is now 'playing the hero' in order to throw everyone off until his enemies are destroyed to later have no threat against him?

If that is the supposition, it becomes a likely scenario but again unnecessarily complicated. If all he cared about was annihilating his enemies to seize control, he wouldn't have to put up the wishy-washy farce and then just go with Touma-wannabe who seems equally fixated on power.

That's just my opinion though O:
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad