Join our server on Discord

Anime You Dislike (And why?)
There are a lot of great anime out there, both new and old. Some are classics, some have great stories, or animations styles, or are just plain entertaining.

But then there are some anime that just don't sit well with you, some that you can't help but dislike, despite what everyone else thinks about it. Yet, you can still be compelled to watch it!

Why is that?

Let's discuss it here!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Okay, Five days without a reply is too long!!!

I dislike anime that you must watch from the beginning to truly enjoy. I almost always miss the beginning of a series, then I try to jump in later and they are just over my head.

And yet there are others that are less complex, where if you sit down, you can watch the episode and have a general idea as to what is happening. Now I don't watch alot of anime, so I can't list the ones that are like this, but I have a feeling that somebody out there knows what I am talking about!
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Sailor Moon. It's not really the concept that bugs me so much as the fact that they cut out the lesbianism from the U.S. dub. Why, because I think that sort of thing is hawt. XP

Crimson: Of course, the fact that they made Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus cousins who were suspiciously close makes it ironically awesome. XD

On a more serious note, I hate Naruto. I kind of liked it at first, even if Sakura was kind of useless, Naruto kept pushing for an unfunny catch phrase, and Sasuke was a Hei wannabe. The stories were interesting at least and I liked Kakashi on account of him being a smartass and badass teacher.

Then they had a filler arc...and then another...and then another...and pretty soon, it seemed like I was just watching a season of nothing but filler arcs with no real consequence at the end. Oh, what's that Naruto, you found a vague clue that Orochi-maru might might "might" still be alive in Secret Mountain Base #3? Fuck you!

So yeah, an overabundance of filler episodes ruined this show for me.

I would also mention 4kids meddling with One Piece, that's more of me hating 4kids rather than One Piece.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
I dislike DBZ, simply because it was the combination of Anime and Wrestling. The plot was just another "i want to be the very best" cliche, and it was good for one thing and one thing only; Memes.

Another one i hated was Yu-Gi-Oh. The characters were annoying, the 'battles' were dull and even the plot was crazy. I mean, a thousand year old egyptian dude living inside a little kid's mind? the heck is all that about? Psycho-Pedophillia?
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Ok, I guess I'll say something. And I'll be "hipster-like" and not hate on something popular over here. (heh heh)

The company Key. They make a lot of harem anime based off of H-dating games. I'm not fond of watch them. In fact, I do not watch them anymore.

The Stigmata of Qwaser. Breast Milk give powers. Wiki the series. I didn't like the idea when I heard of it.

And there is one which I will not name as it is so bad I quit reading the manga. It disturbs me. And that can be hard to do.
Naruto pretty much everybody says. It's getting duller.

Air Tv. Don't get me wrong, the music is good. It's go from a different story a couple of episodes and replay the scene again with the main guy character as a crow. It's emotionally depressing too. Don't fall for this show because the anime looks beautiful. Seriously, it'll have you into tears by the time you finished watching it.

Blue Dragon the manga not the game. Seriously,the Deathnote artist could've done a bit more better work in this. After reading it and finished it. It's not really good at all. Sure they got a kid who has a cool dragon, but seriously some of the fighting is dull. And this kid who experiencing touching girl's breasts and whatnot might sound a guy's dream. But seriously, his face could've been slap touching a stranger's breast out of no where. And the ending isn't good either.

Dragon Ball. Z or whatever. I just don't like dragon ball at all. It's basically the same thing. Get macho strong with overly huge muscles and defeat the enemy. Oh new enemy comes back with macho strong and overly huge muscles beat the crap of a couple non main heroes and the main hero comes back with overly huge muscles and-you get the picture.

Ragnarok anime. It's okay but weird. But there are things that just draw the line. How can a swordie(swordsman) beat A GOLDEN THIEF BUG!? Or another monsters that those first class beat a boss!? I remembered beating my first golden thief bug as A KNIGHT AND A LORD KNIGHT and it wasn't easy!

Anima+ (manga) The ending wasn't satisfying at all. Period. Even when it's nearing the end. It became alittle dull. It got interesting the point the merboy is a prince. Then after that...it's not really satisfying anymore.

Bo Bo Bo. That show and manga is weird.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
You obviously haven't seen the recent chapters of Naruto.

I cried not once during Air. Good music though.

Different Blue Dragon manga. It's not like the games so of course it may be weird.

Bobobo Is supposed to be weird. That's the whole point.
I can't stand anime that run episodes where a single fight/duel/match etc. lasts several episodes. It's painful. Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh! and such, are the ones I mean (thought I hear Naruto is being more efficient now).

And I dispise a lot of anime for being canned copy cats of the good stuff while adding 0 unique flair to it.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Well Dragon Ball Z started the formula of ten minutes being several episodes, so everyone else just copied it.

I dont like animes that last beyond their time and never seem to end, like Pokemon

And I hate Naruto because of the reruns, how many times can you see the same forty episodes before you want to kill everyone? I am sick of CN showing the same episodes over and over again...
Your CN still shows Naruto? They never finished it and Disney XD has it In America! Ha. But really, DXD has the sequel series.