Join our server on Discord

Gettin a new 360 game, which one?
Well, I just got a 360 (yep, I is behind the times a bit when it comes to expensive things), And now I need to pick up a game for it. I'm heading over to Gamestop this afternoon to buy a $15 used game.

Any recommendations on what I should try to get?

I saw Resident Evil 5 there the other day for 14.99. Then again, I could pick up the latest DOA to see how they have upgraded the bouncy female graphics engine :D .

I am open to suggestions!
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Elaborate sir, if you can. Are you looking for a fighting, shooting, RPG, racing or strategy game etc?

The best shooters out there are Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 currently, the best Racer (in my opinion) is Forza 3 and i'd also recommend Bioshock (1 or 2, doesn't matter really) or Fallout 3

I've got other examples, but i'll wait for you to specify what kind of game you're looking for.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I would be glad to elaborate, GMSG.

I am not usually a fan of shooters, but whenever I shop for one, I usually end up picking out something that was popular. (of course, this was method is now voided because I am shopping for one of the latest systems, and all the popular used games are still going to be expensive.)

RPG's are my thing! I love them! There is always at least one in my stack of games that I select to buy from.

Fighting games are great, and Like I said in the original post, They had DOA 4 when I was there last, so I might pick that up.

Racing games aren't really my thing, they are all the same to me.

Strategy games, I only buy those for the pc.

Overall, I am just looking to get a good game that will last me a good long time. This is going to be the last of my petty cash for a while, (as I can't find a job), so I want to pick out a game with great replay-ability.

And remember, I only have +/- twenty bucks. So I am buying used. There fore, the older the game, the more likely that it will be for sale used.

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Right, well Fallout 3 is a nice blend of RPG with FPS, as is Borderlands (although the latter is MUCH more based on 4 player co-op, which makes it fun as hell), and theres always the Fable series (the next one comes out in September).
Dragonage has gotten some good reviews too, and my dad seems to enjoy it alot so it's pretty entertaining.

Browse around, see what deals you can find, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 should be really cheap now seeing as everyone's pre-ordering Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Alrighty! Thankee much, GMSG!

I will keep those titles in mind when I go out later. I definitely saw Fable 2 in the used section, but I think I will check for the others first.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Fable 2 is old so it should be dirt cheap. Still an awesome game, i heard you can do threesomes with characters on there...nice.
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Really?!?! Hot damn!

That has just become a game that I look forward to! Ima still check for the other ones first though :P

I recommend Dead Rising myself. It's an awesome game that's a cross between a 3D beat em' up and a sandbox game. Basically, you have to fight through a shopping mall that's overrun with zombies and you have to run around and kill them while saving survivors. I bought my copy for $10 from a pawn shop, but you could probably get a copy from a game store for $15.

Resident Evil 5 is a lot of fun too. The main story is okay, though not quite as good as RE4's. However, my favorite part of the game was the Mercenaries mode with a second person. It feels just like an action packed arcade game. My brother and I must have played that mode at least a few hundred times.

Mass Effect was a lot of fun if you like RPGs and you liked the Knights of the Old Republic games on the PC/XBox. It's kind of a shooter, but you also get plenty of exploration and get to make moral choices throughout. I haven't played Mass Effect 2, but I hear it's even better. Still, since you're on a budget, ME1 is pretty cheap these days, probably 10 or 15 bucks. Oh, and if you're looking for smexiness, this is the game that's somewhat infamous for that lesbian alien sex scene. :P

Alternatively, you could get a Microsoft Points card if you have a way to connect your 360 online. Castle Crashers is freaking sweet if you like 2D Beat Em' Ups with some RPG elements thrown in.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Dead Space! :o

Loved that game!

You'll love it too! :D
[Image: 2hrn80k.jpg][Image: 25hpq38.gif]
The Mod Squad
The OCA
To be honest, the 360 controller is awful for fighting games. While the XBLA Arcade title Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is playable with the controller, Street Fighter IV is not. If you're thinking about doing any fighting on your 360, pick up a fight pad or an arcade controller for it.

If you want immersive, third person action, I highly recommend the Assassin's Creed games. While the second is far better than the first, I strongly recommend that you play both of them. It'll be a lot less head scratching on your part when you play AC 2.

If you like RPG titles, Bethesda's got a few options. If you like post-apocalyptic themes, go for Fallout 3. It's really great and quite immersive if you let it take you in. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, is simiarly engrossing, but it can be extremely glitchy and frustrating sometimes. Still a great, and REALLY fun game, though.

If you like space themes, there's the Mass Effect series. I haven't played them personally (though I intend to) but they come strongly recommended by people whose opinions I trust.

If you want fast, frenetic, team-based FPS, then you gotta at least try out Left4Dead.
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+