Join our server on Discord

Bale of Betelgeuse (Crimson / Kalyx RP)
(Just two things to note. A: This RP is for Kalyx and I, and our characters only. Unless you're a moderator, then stay in the peanut gallery. :P
B: Since we already know each others characters, we'll just skip to the introduction I prepared.)

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far away... *is struck down by tomatoes*

Ahem, on the other side of the universe, Betelgeuse, a red supergiant star casts its light across a solar system far more developed than our own. Starships rule these reaches of space. Trade and transport between planets is common on this side of the Milky Way.

However, the sheer size of the galaxy makes keeping safe travel difficult, even with the established patrols of lawmen rocketing through the stars. Smugglers, pirates, slavers, and unnamed horrors wander out from the shadows of space, taking whatever prey is unlucky enough to cross their path.

With the undermanned military unable to take care of all of the threats away from home, they enlist the help of bounty hunters. These hired guns are quite different from their regimented counterparts. Some fight as bounty hunters to escape the strict rules and protocol of the Space Corps, some do it for the lucrative rewards given for the dangerous bounties, and some are complete posers.

In 199X, a small starship prepares to leaves the docking bay of Pyre. It's crew: bounty hunters. It's mission...

"Hey, Ray...so, uh, who's the target this time, huh?" Crimson finished stuffing down a tasty creme filled donut before yawning, the early morning making him feel a little groggy. The fox then looked over and offered a sheepish smile, knowing that she had already briefed the crew last night.

"Hon, I swear that ya need to clean out those huge ears." The golden feathered phoenix chuckled lightly before she told him in a friendly tone, "It should be simple enough. The governor of Pyre hired us to take in Giegue, a half Gray, half feline anthro. He's been receiving an unusual amount of mechanical parts and has been causing some minor disturbances on the local moon. We're supposed to bring him back to the Police Station in Pyre's capital city and retrieve any illegal goods he may of acquired."

"So some mechanic's causing a few fireworks on the moon, eh? Doesn't sound so hard." He then looked over to Kalyx and Psyri, and asked them, "So what do you guys think?"

OOC: Eh, not the best intro, I know, but let me know if you have any ideas you want to throw in and I can edit this.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
OOC: No, this sounds OK Crimson. Let's just go with what you have.

IC:

Leaning back in her station's chair, Psyrixia stetches and yawns then sips from her large steaming cup of black coffee. "Well, I don't about the rest of y'all but I could go for a couple more hours of sleep, back there in my bunk. Is this red-eye flight really necessary?"

"You know that it is, Sleeping Beauty, so just get those synapses a-firing and wake your ass up." The tall blue dragon straightens himself in his chair and feigns a yawn and stretch in the dragoness' direction. "We need to get a move on this Giegue character, as soon as we can. I've heard rumors that he possibly might be the connection of some new type of narcotic that's finding this way into this sector of space."

Perking up somewhat Psyri, sets her cup down at her console. "Hmmm, and that would expalin his cache of machinery; trading drugs for parts. In this system that could provide him with a very prosperous business."

"Exacatly. And the lucrative repair shops would suffer to to lack of parts, possibly resorting to the black market or the outer systems. In addition, there'd be the growing dependancy, from junkies and recreational users, alike, on this new synthetic drug, which I do believe is called... 'Spark'."
Crossing his arms, Kalyx casual tilts his head back and over toward Rayna. "How'd I do, Dear?"
[Image: b79315c4acff7ff9f843516.jpg]

I'm preparing my craft for take-off...
Ya wanna ride? *wink*

Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
"Very good, Kal." Rayna smiled happily towards the dragon, while she fired up the last of the ships systems. "Scientists are still finding out all the details of this drug, but prolonged use causes the user's skin to turn blue and their dependency may drive some users to go to extreme means to acquire more Spark. We may have to deal with some of these poor junkies when we reach Giegue's lair." The phoenix girl then announced, "Prepare for liftoff in T-Minus 30 seconds."

Crimson downed the rest of his coffee and told Psyri, "Don't worry, you're not the only one who would a few extra winks. We'll take care of this guy and still have time for a nap later." He stuck his tongue out playfully before he buckled up for liftoff.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
OOC: Question: is Rayna a gryphon or a blaziken? Just trying to keep things straight. :)

IC:

Ratcheting back her chair, to its reclining position; the orange dragoness draws up her legs straight up, then crosses them, rather seductively, against her side. "Well, knowing you Crimson, you'd be looking for something more invigoring and involved than a mere nap...am I right?"

"Alright! Lock it down, you two!", Kalyx barks out sharply. "We'll have plenty of time for all the fun and games and more, after this criminal and contraband is apprehended, locked up and stowed away. Now, can we all get back to the duty at hand...like launching and piloting a interstelllar spacecraft."

Ya wanna ride? *wink*

Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
OOC: I don't know anymore. :P I've been using her a phoenix, but she can be a Blaziken if you want. I don't really care as long as she's a fire bird of some sort.

IC:

Crimson stuck his tongue out playfully before asking teasingly, "Oh, is that a proposal, cutie?" He gives a light chuckle before he gently caresses her cheek and tells her, "Well, in any case, you know I'm always up for spending time with you, Psyri."

"Blasting off in 20...and yeah, knock it off you two, we're about to go here." Rayna shook her head at the fox's and dragoness' antics, but was somewhat used to their mannerisms at this point. She was thankful to have Kalyx with her, the dragon being a little more levelheaded. The phoenix shot the blue dragon a smile before she returned to the controls. "Blastoff in 10." Before long, the ship started to shake lightly before the main thrusts ignited and launched them out of the atmosphere of Pyre.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
OOC: Let's try a blaziken. I'm kinda partial to them. ;)

IC:

As their spacecraft exits the planet's gravitational pull and rockets towards the distant moon, zero-G is achieved. The crew now begins to float somewhat within the buckled restraints of the cockpit's seats.

Addressing the crew, Kalyx grabs his armrests and scoots himself up straight. "OK, people, since were in zero-grav, now...we have a choice. Do we switch on the artificial gravity, which'll tax and drain our already weakened batteries...or just float around the ship?"

"Float around! Float around!", Psyrixia roots like a cheerleader, her claws holding fast upon her belt's catch. "I wanna practice some zero-G manuevers, exercises and stuff!"

"Heh...and 'stuff' is right, I bet." The blue reptile casually looks over towards Crimson, who seems to be rather captivated by the over-zealous dragoness.

Ya wanna ride? *wink*

Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
OOC: You've got it! XD

IC:

Crimson smirked towards Kalyx and told him in a friendly tone, "Heheh, smartass." He chuckled lightly and nudged the dragon as he told him, "And I'm sure that you won't be doing anything with Ray on the long trip to our bount." The fox then started to loosen his belt and grinned enthusiatically towards Psyrixia. "Yeah, that sounds fun, cutie. Give me a sec and we can practice together."

Rayna relaxed in the zero gravity enviroment and nodded towards Kalyx, agreeing with the dragon. "The batteries will be fine, but there's no harm in keeping the gravity off for now." The pilot set the controls for auto-pilot before she turned her lovely blue eyes towards him and offered a pleasant smile. "So, shall we practice as well? We haven't had much practice in zero-g."
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Pushing off from her seated perch, Pysrixia soars upwards and somersaults above the others. Twisting around, she halts herself, upside-down, gripping her taloned feet onto a bare metal ceiling joice. "You know, Crim, my overhead AC/heating unit has been acting up in my room. So...why don't we take advantage of this lack of gravity and see if we can fix it. You wouldn't want me to get all hot and stuffy in my quarters, now...would ya." And with a sly wink, the orange dragoness pushes off and zips on down the corridor toward the sleeping cabins.

Shaking his head Psyri's display, the seated dragon unbuckles himself and floats free and clear. "I guess we could both head on down to engineering, Rayna. There's a lot of obstacles and equipment to manuever around. It should make for quite the zero-G workout." Moving towards the metal ladder rungs, Kalyx awaits patiently for the ship's pilot.

Ya wanna ride? *wink*

Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
"Oh, now you know I'd hate for such a cutie to be uncomfortable." Crimson stuck his tongue out playfully as he unbuckled and followed Psyri to her room with a playful somersault. Once he reached the door, he gripped a nearby pipe to stop himself and entered with her.

"Sure. Ya know I love a good workout, hon." Rayna laughs softly as she unbuckles herself from the pilot's seat before she follows Kalyx up the ladder to the corridor to Engineering. "Heh, I just realized somethin'. This will be our 50th bounty. It's funny how time passes by, eh Kal?"
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
With a press of a button, Psyri closes and locks her bedroom door. Hovering just above the floating fox, she bends over in an obvious tease and lifts her tail. "Well, if you wanna check out my 'vent', I suppose you'll have to get me out of these clothes, first." *wink, wink*

"Yeah and to think, we were all just strangers just a few short years ago; each alone and on their own." Reaching engineering, the dragon drifts to one side, allowing Rayna to enter, "Now, we're good friends... and lovers...and, not to mention, pretty damned prosperous bounty hunters." Kalyx leans himself against the side of a bulkhead; his wings flexing out behind him.

Ya wanna ride? *wink*

Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz