Join our server on Discord

The Invasion. (The Spire continuation)
"This will tax my hampered mana pool, everyone," F'Nerah warned, "I'll be unable to assist in battle, you'll have to take care of the swarms of demons attacking the city and then you'll have to strike the High Demon,"

"Gah, this is starting to sound like a video-game cliche, Nera!" Mar groaned, "Why can't we go against the Big Boss and defeat him first?"

F'Nerah folded her arms and seemed to have sunk into contemplation just before she bonked Mar on the head with the handle of her war-axe. "Don't interrupt me."

"AH! Gah! Pain!" Mar whined, holding by his head, fighting to keep tears from falling off his eyes as he grimaced. "Why did you do that?!"

"Look, these demons work in a different way than you might expect. They aren't like a Hive Mind. The High Demons are like Lords commanding Troops. The Troops have their own will and can think by themselves. In exchange for security, the High Demon gets the most offerings... in blood. That means the Troops will be working to conceal their Lord's prescence until he's finished feeding."

"So they protect their Boss..." Mar said, widening his eyes and shielding in case a blow came his way, but F'Nerah nodded.

"Precisely so. That's why your first order of business is to take them out before there is no civilian left to save or the High Demon will leave. Understood? He cannot escape!" the dragoness explained and, knowing that all had been said and done, she began to prepare her teleportation spell.

"Kitt, Vook. Take care! We'll meet up after this!" Mar waved, a glowing light engulfing everyone all of a sudden.

(Summerfield City)

A magic glyph appeared on the ground not too far off from downtown. The city was a mess. Fire was razing buildings down, the screams of women and children could permeate even a deaf person's ears, the demons were crushing and abducting humans and demi-humans alive; even some of the less trained dragons could be seen being either felled, eaten or also abducted by the raging creatures.

The group materialized.

"Woah. That was trippy..." Mar said, holding by his head as his eyes spun like spirals.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Invasion. (The Spire continuation) - by DragonMasterX - 09-10-2010, 02:37 AM