Join our server on Discord

Poll: Which Sword would you buy?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cheness' "Oniyuri Bujinkan Katana", The Historically Accurate Ninja Sword
80.00%
8 80.00%
Cold Steel's "Grosse Messer", The Big Knife
10.00%
1 10.00%
Cold Steel's "Shamshir", The Badass Persian Weapon
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which sword?
Hey guys,

I collect swords! Betcha didn't know that! But as of late, I'm a bit short on cash, so as I shop for new blades, I need to make sure that I know what I want. But I love all of these selections! I have studied them all thoroughly and they all fit the bill for what I want! So I want to know, Which would you buy?

1.) Cheness' "Oniyuri Bujinkan Katana"

A Historically Accurate Ninja Weapon

This one I liked because of its unique proportions. The handle is an extra long 14 inches, while the blade is an extra short 23 inches. This balance gives the sword excellent leverage, making the light blade easily maneuverable. It also features the strongest steel out of all the options, boasting a strong 9260 Silicon Alloy High Carbon Spring Steel blade. The other feature that I liked is the saya (scabbard). It is the same length as that of a normal katana. This makes it appear deceptively long when sheathed, but also makes it very fast on the draw.

Overall, a very fast, quick sword. Here is a link to a full review by Paul Southern.

http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/authen...sword.html

And The official Product Page

http://www.chenessinc.com/9260oniyuri.htm

2.) Cold Steel's "Grosse Messer"

The Big Knife

This sword is a beast. It holds a 32 inch blade, making it much longer then the last option. It is also made by Cold Steel, one of the best makers of swords and knives among other weapons, which means that its durability is off the charts. This sword has a unique feeling, as I have already handled one myself, and it was incredibly powerful.

This thing is epic! Here is a full review by Robert Betts.

http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/gross-messer.html

And the official Product Page

http://www.coldsteel.com/grossemesser.html

3.) Cold Steel's Persian Shamshir

Pure Badass!

Uh, It's a scimitar! Well, technically a shamshir, but it's pretty close to the same thing. I have wanted one of these ever since I was a kid! It is also made by Cold Steel, through Windlass Steel Crafts, out of true Indian steel. Cold Steel instills its Durability in this sword, making it out of strong and sharp high carbon steel!

Overall, This is an epic blade!

Full Review by Paul southern

http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/arab-swords.html

Official Product Page

http://www.coldsteel.com/shamshir.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Which one would you buy? They are all good swords and I wish I could get all three but if i accumulate close to a thousand dollars, I'm not going to spend it on swords. And please, nobody post a response that says: "I wouldn't buy a sword, just get a gun".

Please reply!
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
I don't even have to look into them to say I'd go for the ninja blade. NINJA! *Poofs* *Still there* Okay. It doesn't work outside of Ape Escape 3.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Did you seriously not look at them?

Oh well, good choice!
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Pfft.. katanas and sabres. If you want a REAL sword, you need to get one of these:

http://www.weaponmasters.com/shopping/FR...17293.html

Eeh? Eeeh?

No?

Fine, the third one.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
Fine fine. I took a gander at all three.

Arabian Sword: Too fancy to me. I guess that would work for a collectionist.

Jumbo Dagger: Kind of impractical looking to me. Looks shiny. Collectors like shiny.

Katana: NINJA! *Poofs* It still doesn't work out of Ape Escape 3.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I'd say go with the second if only because I'm not really a fan of curved blades. Owning a katana seems a little too cliche and the Persian sword seems overly fancy as DMX said.
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Number one seems more like a mix between a samurai's sword (katana) and a ninja's sword (ninjato), seeing as it is moderately curved, but is described as a ninja sword. Ninjato normally have straight blades and are often short, while katanas are moderately curved (not as curved as their older counterpart, the tachi), but are said to have blades bigger than 23.6 inches. I like it! It's like a bastard child of coolness and lethality, and the cool black saya is pretty darn awesome.

I love swords, and I'd collect them too if I had the resources (or if it were legal here). My favorite swords are the Zweihänders and Nodachis of German and Japan respectively, cuz I like needlessly big things. XD I'm also fond of a wakizashi and katana pair, and ornate swords with cool hilts from fantasy! The Shamsir is a beautiful sword to have on your wall, or mounted somewhere, unless of course, like Boss and Doc say, it's too fancy for you. X3

The Gross Messer sounds freakishly cool, and looks pretty simple but effective! It's also biiig! :3 I'd be biased toward the katana, but the messer sounds great too! ^ ^
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Cold Steel's "Shamshir", The Badass Persian Weapon

of COURSE!!! boohoo
They're all good in their own way, I think... But if I absolutely had to choose, I guess I could go for that Ninja one.
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
I'm for the Oniyuri Bujinkan Katana. Aside with being so Ninja, how can you say no to something called Tiger Lilly?
[Image: Wolves-183.jpg]