Join our server on Discord

constant pc freeezing/crashing
My pc keeps fucking crashing(freezing) abrutally; spradically. Whenever, I'm on a certain site for X amount of mins, it just fucking freezes. Then, I would restart it and I would get the Black screen(dos one) with press f1 f2. I press f1, and get the chksk blue screen that checks my HDD. Not sure what the hell is causing this.

My pc is a Dell Dimensions 2400, hdd 120 gb, run xp sp2.
Okay, this is probably a performance problem. I'm assuming you are using a rather old tower PC (seeing as the Dimension line died out in 2007 and the 2400 was a second generation model) so upgrading the performance should be a doddle.

But first what are your performance specs? Right click on My Computer and select properties. List me your RAM capacity (measured in MB/GB) and what processor speed (measured in Ghz) is stated in the subheading Computer: on the General tab of the System Properties box that has appeared.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
There is many plausable reasons to why your computer keeps freezing. You may have a virus infection. You could have a fragmented hard disk. Your registry can contain errors or be completely corrupted. Maybe you have too much clutter on your PC.

Here is what I recommend you do:

1. Click Start, then All Programs, Accesories, System Tools, and in there, try running a Disk Defragmentation or A Disk Cleanup.
  2. Run a virus scan
  3. Get new RAM
  4. Delete files and folders that are not needed
  5. Run a registry cleaner (can be downloaded off the Internet, recommended is TuneUp Utillities)
  6. Re-install Windows (last resort)

I would also recommend downloading Service Pack 3 from Microsoft.

Click, this. When downloading, DO NOT click the big green download button, just the "Click here to download" button.
Mah Citeh.
[Image: 216801_198660990172916_100000870481236_4...7313_n.jpg]
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Blackwargreymon's Desires Part 7 is the last story of the series, regardless of what it says in the post. I will not be making anymore parts to it.
Try to avoid posting in dead topics, it's unnecessary and in most cases highly inpractical (In this case, the poster just isn't active anymore, so giving him an answer is pointless).

Look at the dates of the last poster to know if it's still an active topic. Most topics whose last reply was 2-4 months ago are considered dead or inactive, so posting in them means necroposting. 'lest it's been said OK to post in it, do not.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
this is probably a performance problem.