Join our server on Discord

Zanea's Tales Talk.
Yes, bonus EXP sounds like fun. I'll most likely have to use a /100 level up system and use something like in Final Fantasy Tactics, hopefully that'll work.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
1) The movement & action really does seem like it'd be a double edged sword. Can imagine how annoying it'd be if you were dealing with an enemy that would attack then run out of your attack range. Maybe if the movement system was tweaked a bit. Example: Every character has 5 mov, but lose movement depending on what they have on since obviously a guy decked out in heavy plate armor with a sword bigger than him wouldn't be able to move as fast as say a mage wearing robes and carrying a stick.

2) I like the idea of the new deathblow system. Having multible ways to build it up will definately be useful. Would killing an opponent with a deathblow add to it? Meaning if a character hits their DB then uses it, and kills the opponent with it, would they start at 0 FP or how every many they get for the kill?

Exp system) That'd definately be useful for the newer players who's levels aren't that high. Maybe having a base amount given to the party for each enemy defeated then small nickels and dimes as it were for certain actions. If you're using a set amount of XP to hit next level then it'd make sense if the lower level characters gained more than the higher level ones so they don't stay low level. Wouldn't be much point in grinding for the low levels if by the time they reached 20s the others were all in their 40s.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Guys, send those votes, please. Do not forget.

1) Alright, I've decided I won't alter the movement.

2) Fun. Glad everybody likes the new ways to gather FP.

EXP) So far, this is what I've in mind:

Enemies will be given Levels according to the number of mission they pertain to (In Mission 10, for instance, enemies will be Lv. 10). Also, as we all know, the Party's Average level becomes the level of monsters during replays. Monsters in Hard Mode will be bumped 2 levels higher than they normally would (For the interested).

Now, the system: To Level Up, a character must accumulate 100 points of EXP at any interval. Leveling Up during a mission awards characters Stat and Skill Points as per normal regulations, but the spendage of them will only be able to be done outside of a mission (As always). Keep in mind that once a character's level increases, the EXP counter will return to 0 regardless of leftover EXP gained. (For instance, a character with 99 points of EXP gaining 10 additional EXP will level up, but their EXP counter will become 0, not 9)

To gather EXP Points, the following can be done:

Acting on a Monster: Attacking/Using Skills/Items on a monster the same level you are will grant 10 EXP points per target (For a maximum accumulation of 30 EXP points in the case of multiple targets).

- For every level a monster is inferior to you, the amount of EXP awarded will decrease by 2 (For a maximum penalty of 0 EXP points per enemy you hit)

- For every level a monster is superior to you, the amount of EXP awarded will increase by 2 (For a maximum accumulation of 20 EXP per enemy you hit. Hitting multiple enemies will only yield up to 60 EXP in the same turn)

Dealing the finishing blow: Killing monsters will award more EXP than just hitting them. The EXP scores for defeating monsters, however, will overwrite the "Act" EXP scores. (For instance, you won't get 10 EXP + an EXP reward for killing a monster the same level as you are, you will only gain the EXP reward for killing said enemy)

- Dealing the finishing blow to an enemy the same level as you are will grant you 20 EXP. (If multiple enemies are killed, the maximum accumulation of EXP will not be able to exceed 60 EXP)

- Dealing the finishing blow to an enemy of inferior level as you are will grant you 10 EXP regardless of the amount of levels behind it is. (Killing multiple targets of inferior levels will add 5 EXP per kill, however, without a limit on accumulation)

- For every level higher the enemy you slayed was, the EXP reward will increase by 4 until 40 EXP (the Maximum) will be received per enemy slain. (The accumulation in multiple killings will not be able to exceed 80 EXP, however)

Using Abilities/Items on allies: Everyone will unilaterally receive 10 EXP points by acting on their allies. This will be done in hopes there is no abuse.

Special Conditions:

- Using a Deathblow that successfully damages an enemy will yield 10 bonus EXP points to whatever your score is.

- Using a Deathblow that successfully exploits an enemy weakness will yield 15 bonus EXP to whatever your score is.

- Destroying an enemy with a Deathblow will award a +30 EXP bonus provided the enemy is at least a level stronger than the character.

- White Mages and the Devout branch gain 10 EXP per ally healed/buffed. (It caps at 30 EXP per round however)

- White Mages and the Devout branch gain 20 EXP per ally revived. (It caps at 60 EXP per round however)

- Every character receives 10 EXP each time they act/buff themselves or their party members. (It caps at 30 EXP per round however)

- Afflicting Boss enemies yields 15 EXP regardless of level.

- Destroying Boss enemies yields 50 EXP regardless of level.

-------------------------

What do you guys think?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Sounds fine, though I do have one question. If a support abilities effects multiple allies, will it gather more experience (maybe a 30 EXP cap like attacking multiple enemies)? Otherwise, I foresee us offensive types gaining levels WAY faster than white mages and the like which don't really have attack moves.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Ammended.

Edit: C'mon people, vote already! People in green in the first post have already given me their votes for the new Party leader. Keep in mind you won't be able to take part in the next mission if you don't tell me who you want to lead from now on!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I vote for Crimson Fox who is doing a great job.

1) I like how movement works now, now when I finally understood it.

2) Uhm... I think its to complicated, I dont get whats wrong with the current system.

And the exp.. I read and I gave up, I will just play and hope I get exp.
I know I'm not playing, but I think that you should implement the new EXP system, but not award a levelup until the end of the mission as you do now (I think...) But keep track of how far over the level a person is if they gained more than what they needed, so if they gained 150 exp in a mission, they would level up, and be half way to the next one.

You should also consider only allowing them to level up once from each mission unless you allow more already.. Like in D&D when you manage to gain enough exp to level twice, you end up needing only 1 more exp for that second level, but you have to gain it somewhere else.
I am not Toph! I am Melon Lord! Muahahahahaha!
Actually, I did worry about that. I feel that otherwise, there would be a large amount of EXP unaccounted for when the players have earned it from killing enemies. Say if a person was on 90/100 or even closer to 100 and the boss was killed. They'd gain ten or less, but lose 40 or more EXP because of the level overlap you've suggested.

Mute does have a point. Well, except for the part of "level up once in each mission". This would mean new players would be at an extreme disadvantage compared to long-time players, and is definately not fair on them.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
First of all, don't worry Mute Point, even onlookers or watchers to the game are allowed to post here, it's a harmless chat topic so there's no problem with anybody regardless of their position or influence in the game posting here or not, feel free to do it in the future if you have anything to else to add.

I've a bad feeling about letting people carry more EXP over each time they level up, but I've something else to propose in light of the new insights:

We will build scores. We'll call 'em EXP Scores. The system works exactly as I described before with the exception that the counter will be able to exceed 100 indefinately.

Let's say a player has an EXP Score of 90 (Which means they accumulated 90 EXP points) and they gain 20 more EXP. That'll mean their EXP Score will become 110.

Level Ups will be done at the end of a mission where the Score will be shown. At that point, every 100 EXP, that character will get a Level Up. So, a character with a score of 300-399 points would receive 3 level ups at the end of a mission.

Now- knowing that every 100 EXP, at the end of a mission, those points will be traded for Level Ups, we have to think about the leftovers.

Hmm, well. Going back to the first example, with the 110 EXP Score. Let's say the mission ends. That character gets 1 Level Up. They have 10 left over. Hmmmmmm... I suppose they could do as Mute Point suggested and start the next Mission with that extra 10 EXP.

Does that sound better to everyone?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
As long as the EXP isn't lost just because of them leveling up and it can pass on to the next mission at the least, then I have no qualms, that is excellent. :P
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds