Join our server on Discord

The Supercow
http://www.hemmy.net/2007/07/16/belgian-...-hulk-cow/

These aren't grown any differently from other cows. They are, however, selectively bred to attain these gigantic sizes. There is a gene in their bodies that is supposed to suppress development of Myostatin, which I guess promotes muscle growth. Uncontrolled, you can see that these cows are simply massive.

Macrophiles must be in awe right now. I'm in awe. Science is awe-some.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Macrophile zoophiliacs, maybe. I've seen this before in Maxim. Kinda interesting stuff.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
I'm not in awe, I'm grossed out. Overly-Muscular, deformed-looking cows? Ew.

And that's not macro, btw.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
That is some kind of frightning. What the hell they look so incredibly muscular. I'm sort of scared of cows now.

If they keep this up. Cows are gonna take over everything on land.
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Well, maybe cows did look like that before humans started to selective breed the species...
The way I see it, More Muscle=More Meat=Steaks as big as your head.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Just think if they did the same for bulls!
I thought this topic was going to be about that old Cow & Chicken cartoon. D: /joking

Anyways, some muscle is good, but too much can lead to several problems. I can't help but wonder how uncomfortable it is for those animals to haul around all that extra weight. If it helps produce more, healthy cuts of meat though, we'll probably see more of these muscle cows.

BlackVeedramon Wrote:Well, maybe cows did look like that before humans started to selective breed the species...

Of course! This explains all the over-sized cuts of meat in The Flintstones! /sarcasm
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
(06-27-2010 06:27 AM)BlackVeedramon Wrote: Well, maybe cows did look like that before humans started to selective breed the species...

You didn't read the original post, did you? It's because we started selectively breeding that caused these supercows, not the other way around. The idea of selective breeding is about breeding cows with specific features in order to get (rid of) features and characteristics you (don't) want. Before we started selectively breeding, cows were pretty much the way they are now in most pastures.

Quote:I'm not in awe, I'm grossed out. Overly-Muscular, deformed-looking cows? Ew.

Look at body-builders and pre-80s Schwarzenegger. It's almost the same concept. The muscles are exploded to epic proportions, which gives the person a monstrous appearance.
Quote:Anyways, some muscle is good, but too much can lead to several problems. I can't help but wonder how uncomfortable it is for those animals to haul around all that extra weight. If it helps produce more, healthy cuts of meat though, we'll probably see more of these muscle cows.

That could go into the same conversation as ethics. Do you think it's okay to control nature like this, even if the cows are being bred for the dinner plate?
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
I've three things to say.

Erethzium Wrote:And that's not macro, btw.

^This.

Cowboy From Hell Wrote:The way I see it, More Muscle=More Meat=Steaks as big as your head.

^This.

LordOfAwesomeness Wrote:Went to Burger King today and ate a Steakhouse. Do you think subsequent ones will come with ripped arms that will beat the crap out of me for eyeing them hungrily?

^Not this.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad