Join our server on Discord

Poll: Would you buy Awesome Sauce editions?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell YES!
25.00%
1 25.00%
No, because the prices often put me off.
50.00%
2 50.00%
No, I just want to play the game.
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Legendary/Prestige/ULTRA EPIC Editions of games - Worth your cash?
With the coming and going of many titles, it's without a question that at least one has the standard, medium and Awesomesauce editions of the game, to increase customer interest...

Awesome sauce editions typically come with a hella amount of concept art as well as something cool such as nightvision goggles, exclusive downloadable content etc.
So i ask you, will you, have you or ever will you consider buying the best of the best for insane prices?
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Most of the time the answer is no. As usually the best edition of any game comes with a superfluous addition that generally doesn't feel worth the price of admission. A plastic helmet, figures, lunchbox, etc. That and in my opinion the limited edition generally has a better box. The lone exception being halo 3. Which happened to come in scratched due to the terrible limited edition box.
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
I generally go for GOTY editions. Y'know, the ones that cost $10 more in store but include about $35 of DLC. I like saving money.
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

Depends on the content. Me, being an artist, I like the artbooks and things of that nature that come with the games. Part of the reason why I got the Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
I only buy it if it's a good deal for money. For example, I found the Mana Khemia Special Edition boxset with it's soundtrack and a bit more included for about £30. After looking on Amazon, I found out I wasn't wrong to get it.

Oh, I also got the FFXIII Limited Edition set and Halo 3 Limited (Tin), though I can't complain because the Halo 3 Limited was cheaper then the original game on it's own! XP

Most times though, no. I won't dish out extreme amounts just for a special edition of a game.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
It really has to be a good reason. I picked up the special edition of Wrath of the lich king cause it came with a making of disc, cd, mousepad, and an art book which I really like, not to mention some cards which were interesting. Also picked up Persona 3 FES but that was mostly because I hadn't played the original, even so FES came with an epilogue like thing which would've justified the purchase for me.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yeah, same here. If I'm buying a special edition, I'd prefer some bonus content on the game. Either DLC for cheaper or in the case of Persona 3 FES, the epilogue. Oh, and Doom 3 special edition was awesome considering it included good ports Doom 1 and 2. I really wish the disk had been in better shape though, it refuses to work now.

Usually though, I only buy the standard edition since I don't have money to blow just for a fancy different cover, etc., etc.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Sometimes you really don't have a choice. I had to buy the Collector's Edition of Resistance 2, which included a neat little Chimeran figure and a dvd and a buttload of other stuff. If it weren't for the fact that it was the ONLY copy the store had and I wasn't in much of a mood to shop around, I woulda gotten the regular edition without a second thought.

That being said, the CE version does retain its value well. I had to pawn a few things to cover some bills, and one of the things I could live without were my PS3 games. I only got $5 for Resistance: Fall Of Man, while I got $30 for Resistance 2: Collector's Edition.

....I just wish they'd justify the cost on things like that. Maybe more durable packaging. The box for the set is starting to show wear from my constant moving around and the plastic package for the action figure has a heat crack in it from riding around in my car in the south Texas heat with no air conditioning.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan