Join our server on Discord

DrakeZero/DMX RP (Dead Space)
"Yeah, all we needed was a bunch of killing monsters to turn a happy mine into a shit in your pants one. ARGH." he groaned pulling the panel off allowing it to hit the dirt floor with a loud thud. He looked down the tunnel with his cutter and light and it appeared to be clear, but who would go first?

"Wanna do rock,paper, scissors to who goes first?"
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael shook his head, "No... uh... Nevermind. I'll go in first," he said. Drake's idea sounded quite ludricrous, but Michael hadn't been very sensible lately. Maybe seeing so much gore in such a short span had gotten to him, but he had to break off that inhibition, or else it could compromise their mission.

Stepping down, Michael took a deep breathe, pointed with his cutter's flashlight over the tunnel to pick a nice landing spot and then finally jumped down. His heavy boots hit the floor and he stood up straight, quickly turning 360 degrees to make sure there wasn't any hostile nearby. He sighed in relief, turning his head up to Drake to wave his hand at him, signaling it was safe.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake jumped down and slipped a little as he got his bearings. "Ok, if we go down the left side that should lead us right under the labs and maybe into the access panel inside."

Suddenly a growl was heard followed by sounds of clawing. He tried to pinpoint it, but the audio sensors couldn't track the exact location as the echoing off the tunnels threw it off.

A howl echoed down the tunnel causing Drake to winch in pain from the sharpness of the sound. "Let's go." he said
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael's heartbeat picked up, but he didn't run off this time. He put his back to Drake so they could watch over each other, but then he said to move.

"Alright, let's go..." he agreed with a nod, starting to advance towards the opposite side they had come from. Hopefully they would reach their check point unhindered.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
As the two rounded the tunnel, the sounds of howls and roars seemed to get louder behind them. Could those things smell them? Or was it there foot steps? Either way, he didn't want to find out as he spotted the panel.

"Cover me kid." he said as he holster his cutter and placed his hands on the panel.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael turned his back to Drake, holding his cutter with both hands, keeping the flashlight trained to the walls and ceilings to make sure they wouldn't surprise them. The path was clear, just where were those steps coming from...?

That's when one of the ventilation grids on the ceiling suddenly gave out and a head popped out, its jaws were dislocated and parted just like all the other creatures, "Oh shit!" Michael gasped, the creature screeching back at him, "Die!" he shot as it reared outside. The cutter's bolt was super fast, Michael had totally forgotten about the limbs, but the creature wasn't our couldn't be aware of his tool as it descended. It was the same type that surprised them from the roof, the scythe-armed beast. A leg was blown right off as it dropped, Michael cursing at his bad luck.

He then recalled what had happened earlier, Drake had crippled the other beast's leg to prevent it from approaching them, and now he could see the morbid creature slowly approaching them by using its large blades to crawl forwards. "You didn't get enough, did you?!" Michael growled, unloading another powerful bolt from the plasma cutter, and thanks to the horizontal positioning the accuracy was boosted. A bladed arm was blown right off. "Bull's eye!" he cheered, seeing the deformed human slumping to the floor with a last grunt and collapsing, dead for good.

He turned as if ready to receive a compliment, but then he shook as he heard more growls, apparently more creatures were headed their way, and his racket had only helped to attract more, "Shit, shit," he cursed, franctically aiming his Plasma Cutter's flashlight left and right again.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
He had to admire the kid's enthusiasm for shooting. Perhaps now Drake wouldn't have to constantly remind him to toughen up. He watched as he handled the creature fairly well while Drake pulled the panel open. "Alright it's open." he said before he took heard the noises. He reached out and grabbed the back of Michael's rig suit. "In you go." he grunted pulling him in and closing the panel. Seconds after securing the panel a loud bang echoed off the panel.

Drake turned to Michael, "I think this is one of those times I won't answer the door." he said trying to lighten the mood.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael crashed on the floor as he was seized. Maybe it was the RIG's performance augmentation, but Drake was strong as hell; he figured that came with the miner job. Impressed and thankfully unbruised, Michael quickly stood up and shook slightly as he realized a creature had been on their tracks. He sighed in relief as thanks to Drake's quick work it quite literally bounced off the panel.

He laughed a bit, albeit nervously since he really wasn't in the mood for joking. Then he looked around, it was dark, he couldn't see well. Using the flashlight, he tried searching for any indication of where they had fallen in: He found blood, and several strange markings on the floor and walls. He was unable to discern the writing but there were several clawing marks, "Damn it's too dark here, can't see anything. Wonder if one of those things knocked the generators..." he softly said out loud.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
As Michael continued to speak, Drake found a few heavy crates and pushed them in the way of the panel. Just in case those beasts managed to get in somehow. He sighed and caught up to the engineer as he looked around. "Maybe, that explosion could have been the main generators blowing up."

He walked further into the room and wished his helmet was equipped with night vision, but then again those were reserved to security personal.
'Hey Michael, what exactly was your pen-pushing brother working on in the labs?" he asked as he felt around the room's walls. There was bound to be some sort of a switch to the lighting.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael shrugged, not that Drake could've seen it, "Think I know? I was just hoping to come work at the Maintenance Bay, got tacked up with you though," he somewhat lamented, "But I think it's got to do with some Unitologist shit that went down at Earth and forced scientists to come to Aegis 7 instead," he explained, "That's all I know."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad