Join our server on Discord

DrakeZero/DMX RP (Dead Space)
"Are you kidding me?! Look he has a dam stake in his skull!" Drake choked as he continued to aim the blaster at Rick. "I may have made fun of you when I could, but this is no way for someone to live...I didn't want this."

Rick stumbled forward to Drake and lightly took the blaster's muzzle and aimed it under it's chin. Blood flowing from his mouth with his eyes watered with tears, but also a look of appreciation as he spoke. "D....o.....it....." he gargle between coughs.

Dake didn't know what to do, for the first time he was frozen. The day had started out like all the other days and now here he was dealing with some alien attack and his superior offer begging for him to end his life. His hand shook causing the blaster to chatter.
"Rick...you always were a pain in the ass, but....you made it worth wild to come to work."

Rick cracked a smile a little as Drake grasped the trigger.

"Forgive me." he echoed as he pulled it.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael had been busy preparing an external link to one of his med packs, when he heard the trigger pulled. He turned to see Bottom dead on the ground in the tunnels and Drake's blaster getting rid of the heat, "Wh-wh..." he stuttered, dropping his med pack on the floor, his hands twitching.

Michael flew towards Drake and suddenly pulled him by the collar, shaking him, "Why did you do that?! He could've been saved! You... you... you murdered him!" he frantically shouted.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"He had a god dam stake in his brain you idiot!" Drake shoved him back. "Not even the best doctors in the galaxy could have saved him from years of being in a vegetable state. Having to depend on others to even take a shit. No one deserves that, and I gave him release." He went silent. "If you want to call me a murderer then go ahead kid....I gave Rick release from years of suffering. Something I would have expected him to do to me if I was in his position." He dropped the blaster and turned to the cargo with a sigh. His hand trembling slightly till he clasped them together.

'Let's get these cutters and try to find more survivors....something tells me we don't have much time."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael panted in an agitated state, still overwhelmed and scared. He didn't looke precisely stable, but he had to keep his wits to him. He looked back down at their former officer, he had been yelling to Drake only twenty to thirty minutes ago, and now his head was a bloody mush with a bent stake on it. Michael had no words for that, but maybe Drake was right, the medigel wouldn't have been enough to save him let alone keep him from eventually going into a coma.

He sighed, "H-hey, Drake?" Michael knew better than to get emotional, but he had to be certain this wouldn't hinder their team work, as it would consequently hinder their chances to save his brother or worse, keep them from surviving this ordeal, "Look. I'm sorry. You're not a murderer... I... I think I would've done the same... in your position," he finished.

Looking towards him, he hurried over to the cargo and got on the opposite side, "This is a slider box. Normally a claw grips it and slides it off, but without any nearby we'll have to slide the lid off by ourselves," he explained, then placed his arms on top of the lid, sliding one of his hands to the side, "I'm ready."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake placed his hands on the side of the lid next to his partner. He didn't reply to Michael's words. What done is done and no one could change that, but at the same time it was good to hear it nevertheless.

"Alright.....on three. One.....two.....three!" Drake grunted as he pushed on the lid with Michael.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"Three!" Michael said in unison with Drake, pushing the lid off the crate with all his strength.

The combined efforts of the two miners allowed the crate to finally open, revealing two smaller crates reading "201-V Plasma Cutter" inside. The contents of the boxes, once Michael reached inside to pull them outside, revealed two empty Plasma Cutters and several Plasma Energy cartidges inside as a complement. Michael could count three pairs of cartidges, meaning each of them had eighteen shots, for now.

Briefly nodding to Drake, Michael grabbed his Plasma Cutter and loaded a clip in it, stashing the other two clips into his RIG's hip gear. "And to think we were going to use these to extract minerals..." he softly mused, apparently not completely convinced of this whole ordeal, but he had to keep strong for his brother. He nodded a second time to Drake, apparently delegating command to his superior.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake cocked the plasma cutter and was impressed with the new invention. With the simple stick near the trigger the main beam would turn 90 degrees. The lower power supply was a converter to accept older tool power packs. Indeed this cutter would have been a dream to use for mining. Just hope it could help them against these things.

"Based on Rick being....." he paused, "like that. I say the miners either ran to the colony on there own or were slaughtered. I say we go around and take the maintenance tunnels in the back to enter the labs. Hopefully those dam things haven't gotten there and it'll make this easy for us."

He tapped his RIG helmet checking his sensors once more. "We stay together and no running off." he said firmly. "Where was your brother working?"
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
OOC: Lol, it's 90ยบ. 180 would leave it in the inversed direction but still vertical!

IC:

Michael nodded to all of Drake's directives, agreeing to his plan. He recalled about Jeremy's post, he wasn't much of a reminder but he had to try. Eventually the name clicked: "Jeremy was assigned the Testing Labs. I remember him getting mad two days ago because their discovery on some sort of new lifeform was transferred to a Quarantine Bay for isolated observation," he explained, looking down at the tunnels Drake had mentioned, "Uhm... after you," he lightly said, but kept a firm grip on his Plasma Cutter, setting it for horizontal shooting mode.

OOC:

New Objetive: Search for Jeremy Williams.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake rolled his eyes. "Oh how nice of you. I'll have to remember this that good old Michael allowed me to go first into the infested tunnel where I could have my face ripped off. Thank you." he spoke sarcastically as the two went back to the colony labs.

However, Drake stopped as his audio signals were flaring up. The sounds of growls and snarls could be heard in the area they were in. It seemed the creature's friends had shown up and were searching for them. "Well we definitely have to use that maintenance tunnel now." he said.

He walked over to a panel and unlatched it hoping his partner had his cutter drawn just in case something decided to pop out when he took the panel off.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael walked beside Drake, holding his Plasma Cutter up in case anything decided to show up. He also could hear growls, so he gave Drake his back and scanned the area around them, not seeing anything, but then again he was reminded of how the creatures had ambushed them in the first place, "This place has really become unnerving..." he whispered to himself, not wanting to distract Drake.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad