Join our server on Discord

Duamutef's Art
Hey guys,

I was just thinking that since I drew something I should put it up in the Artist's Domain. Now there is a back story to this drawing. If you don't want the back story, just skip to the pic.

Now then, I was studying for an English final on the 24th of May. It was about 11 o'clock at night when I dozed off but that didn't excuse me from studying. I immediately dropped into a dream where I was still studying but none of it was making sense (unless Caesar owned a 77 corvette). In my dream, I looked up and I saw a figure run past the tree line that had just magically appeared. So I go to check it out but then I wake up. I go to school and sit down in the class, still half asleep. I receive my final and begin. But, once I hit question 42, I notice some movement on the other side of the class. I look up to see the same figure dash behind one of my friends and hide behind him. So I start staring at him like a moron until this happens.

Teacher: Duamutef, are you paying attention?

Duamutef: Yeah,

Teacher: To the test?

Duamutef: *realizes what he is doing* No, sorry.

So I finish my final and go about my day. When I get home I fall asleep right away and fall back into that dream. The figure dashes between the trees and I chase after it. This time I catch it. It turns out to be a her and she starts giggling and mocking me. Enraged, I started yelling and she ran away. I caught her again, but I soon woke up. It was about two in the morning but that didn't stop me from storming through the house to find a piece of paper. I was tearing apart a desk (not literally) to get at the paper inside, when my dad walks out and this happens.

Horus: What are you doing?

Duamutef: *shouting* Getting Paper!

Horus: Why?

Duamutef: *still shouting* I need to draw!

Horus: Okay? Just keep it down.

So I got paper and drew her. And the picture is the result (after coloring several days later.

What do you all think?

Please don't criticize too harshly, this is the first time I have drawn something in over two years.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/...030373.jpg
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Nice work. So you saw that in a dream?
Yes, and in a day dream...

Do you know how hard it is to explain to one of your friends that you were only staring at him because there was a furry hiding behind him?

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Heyyyy! Not bad! Kinda creepy though! X3 It's the eyes, they gots no pupils, so she looks kinda blind/souless! But it's overall pretty well drawn!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
(06-04-2010 01:20 PM)Duamutef Wrote: Yes, and in a day dream...

Do you know how hard it is to explain to one of your friends that you were only staring at him because there was a furry hiding behind him?

I think the weird part would be the furry part. For most.
(06-05-2010 01:55 PM)UnknownH Wrote:
(06-04-2010 01:20 PM)Duamutef Wrote: Do you know how hard it is to explain to one of your friends that you were only staring at him because there was a furry hiding behind him?
I think the weird part would be the furry part. For most.

Honestly, i'm not discriminate when it comes to people lurking behind me.

it's not bad for a first drawing, but i'm with Ray on the creepy eyes.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I've seen creepier eyes. Those aren't that bad at all.
Yes, I'm also on Ray with this one, the eyes are abit creepy yet retain it's cuteness, however the only way you can getaway non pupils is doing chibi. xD
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Sorry guys,

I tried pupils but I was uber tired. Seeing as I only colored a copy, I'll give the eyes another shot and post results. Sadly though, they will only be in black and white.

Thanks for all of your opinions!

Well keep it up! X3 I see a skill building up, and you have good proportions! XD I can't draw things proportionately! Like, it's usually one eye is bigger than the other, or one ear is higher up- XD
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers