Join our server on Discord

Dead Space: Many times Resident Evil's shock factor or Half Life revamp?
So I was playing this awesome game a friend recommended. I got a few heart-racing moments, but they were only shock factor moments like the ones I got in Resident Evil 2 when the cerberuses jumped through the windows to say hi. These factors are everywhere though, and look! Demented 'normal' people! You can't interact them, but it sure is fun to see what they do, and when they are being dragged by creatures or infected by the alien disease or just being insane.

Then I started exploring vacuums and zero gravity zones. Coupled with the creature designs (Not saying they are the same, but kind of similar) I immediately was reminded of the first Half Life. At the risk of massively spoiling, I can't mention many other details, but the things you fight here are as bloody and ruthless as the thingies from Half Life were.

With today's graphics, EA has managed to gross me out in one or two instances during my playthrough in Dead Space (Chapter 10 so far). Never expected seeing people experimenting on newborns or EA making monsters based on babies. It's cool to see everything pulsing on every monster, and there's just so many ways to die, lol.

Also, I've noticed the lack of QTEs for the main story, and rather you're either bailed out by the event or miraculously saved. In one instance, you're being dragged by something, and you've to aim while you're grounded and the camera shakes because your character is... well, being dragged. No QTEs to free yourself, just your aiming prowess to get rid of that thing. Good? Bad? Who can say. QTEs only happen when a creature grabs you and you obviously have to free yourself to avoid taking damage or to keep taking more. The music gets so upbeat when you're grabbed.

Anyway, I like this game. Can't wait until I reach the end so I can understand what the heck's going on. What did you guys think?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Dead Space was probably one of the first horror games I've played and loved for the 360. The gameplay is similar to those games that also have the over the shoulder idea, which is a little better than having a game like this be in a first person perspective.

Even though I myself completed the game twice, just to get all achievements. (Achievement whore...) I loved every moment the game had to offer.

Those sudden moments really make you work on thinking fast to save your ass. Especially those creatures that grab you and start dragging you toward the hole. Usually most would start aiming and spraying their shots for the glowing red sack, but will often miss. You need to just keep your cool when its happening so you can have a better shot and accuracy. Kinda seems like to me that the more shots you take, the faster it pulls you in.

As for most of the enemies, seems like they all have their own QTE's or mashing the button to get yourself free from the Necromorphs. Or their are just those that will kill you instantly if your not careful...

Overall I say the game is highly recommended. I can't wait for the upcoming Dead Space 2 :D
[Image: 2hrn80k.jpg][Image: 25hpq38.gif]
The Mod Squad
The OCA
Resident Evil 4's QTE to get free of the rope when you beat Del Lago kind of made me think the tentacles in this game worked the same way. Only realized I could move Isaac's hands with the mouse to aim 3/4 of the dragging done. The result of that was: Splatter!

Stupid tentacles. I really REALLY hate tentacles.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Ahh, you played on the PC.

Heheh, I do like how most games with QTE either will kill you instantly if you don't do the right thing or it will just mess you up a little, but DeadSpace just says 'fuck that' and makes everything that happens in a QTE kill you instantly.

When it comes to those button mashing 'escape' parts, they are nothin on normal difficulty, but once you play it on "Impossible" (yeah, love the sound of it), you better work fast or your pretty much dead. Not unless they just slash or hack at you, then you'll just die in 1 hit or go down to like... no health at all, but still barely alive.
[Image: 2hrn80k.jpg][Image: 25hpq38.gif]
The Mod Squad
The OCA
I'll try an Impossible run, probably during winter break when I'm at home and not assailed by tests. I like that prospective.

In Medium, though, not every QTE instantly kills you, you've to be on red or almost gone to enter an execution animation. There aren't any other QTEs other than to escape 'hugs' from enemies, lol XD After all, the tentacle scenes have you actually aiming and shooting!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
It is Many times the shock factor of Resident Evil. I'm sure you've heard many Resident Evil 5 reviews ''Its awesome, but its just not scary.'' Its true. Dead Space literally made me crap my pants. You hear footsteps behind you. You look back, nothing there. You look in front of you and theres a massive regenerating creature in front of you! The weapons are original and the plot is very intruiging. All in all, a very good play and theres a sequel coming soon.
Oh, I should update my hate list.

I really really REALLY hate the Regenerator. It's almost fun how to beat it you trick it into standing in front of a ship's fire exhaust.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Haha, It is very, very annoying. Because I'm Retarded, I spent an hour trying to find out how to kill the bloody thing. It was fun mind, cutting off its legs and running off. ;D Fun times.