Join our server on Discord

Digimon and Pokemon: A middle of the night musing.
Okay, it's nearly 2am so i decided "Hey, lets engage the board in pointless discussion!"

Pokemon, for me, always was better as the game. The movies didn't interest me at all, the cartoon 'series' had little to no plot flowing through it and the Pokemon themselves weren't even that interesting as a character.

Digimon on the other hand has had many a great tv series, yet theres not many that enjoy their games...

Discuss?
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I agree. Pokemon wins on games, digimon on series. To this day, my bosses sit around with their DS's and battle eachother on their break O_O
I don't know, the DS digimon world games are pretty good. I especially love being able to devolve and revolve the digimon, adding a large layer to the gameplay. With pokemon once they evolve there's no looking back, and they have a set path, with the digimon you can go through a number of diffrent branches and then once you've maxed out devolve and try out a diffrent one.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
To be fair and finish this whole thing.

Pokemon has the better games. Digimon games are fun but it depends.
Digimon has the better anime. The Pokemon anime is very same thing all over again.

That is the answer. /topic
B.b.but we love beating already dead horses man:p
[Image: dragonimage_76557_72430_pixel.gif]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
Not that it's not already been said but the anime for pokemon couldn't have been more repetitive throughout the series.

Formula:

gets three new pokemon and two new sidekicks
episode on a gym
episode on friendship
episode on gym
episode on friendship
episode on gym (he loses)
episode on training
episode on gym (he wins this time)
Episode on friendship (hey look he finally catches a new pokemon)
and on and on and on.
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
No, Ash just gets a new jailbait female that a normal guy would already get with around gym 5.

Brock can never leave. It wasn't as fun and Ash is an emotionally stunted 10 year old and need a parent figure. Plus, someone would need to explain things if the girl gets tired and actually tries something on him.
[Image: sFun_DeadHorse.gif]

Hehe. It's fun. And Gabu you forgot the episode where he gives away one of his best pokemon for some retarded reason to some complete stranger.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Digimon World was and still is (At least in my mind) a far greater game than any other Pokemon game.

Digimon also had some more personality than Pokemon, exploring gloomy things such as death, inevitable morbid destinies and was generally making you hook up on its plot. Pokemon, after the third/fourth gym, even to newbies, would immediately let you figure out what Gabu did, and therefore allow you to discern the future of the series.

With Digimon, the only thing you can expect is partnership between humans and digimon. Even then, Frontier surprised us, didn't it?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(05-31-2010 03:12 PM)Shadowknight Wrote: [Image: sFun_DeadHorse.gif]

Hehe. It's fun. And Gabu you forgot the episode where he gives away one of his best pokemon for some retarded reason to some complete stranger.

Oh, yeah. Jam that somewhere in the middle too.

Goodbye charizard.
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army