Join our server on Discord

Twittering with popular people or celebrities..
Y'know what I think to some of 'em?

Leeches.

Miserable pathetic leeches. Odious, blood sucking and ugly parasites.

I feel that when some people managed to get buddy-buddy or chums with them via twitter, their ego tend to inflate like hot air balloons.. Thinking themselves now as super cool, popular and on high horse. At times they throw away their old friends like old toys, in exchange for their new and popular "best" friends; Feeling themselves above the mediocre of masses and all.

Akin to when sometimes an average man getting rich; The lure of money and power changes his/her character for the worse.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
I agree, its pathetic. I never use twitter.

Infact, just in the last couple days, over at the messageboard for my favorite singer, Rob Thomas, there has been a person bitching about Rob never commented on a crisis going on. .... WTF? It got so bad, that Rob finally came on and comented on it to shut him up. Its pathetic that people need that.
(05-29-2010 02:32 PM)Takatofan1986 Wrote: I agree, its pathetic. I never use twitter.

Infact, just in the last couple days, over at the messageboard for my favorite singer, Rob Thomas, there has been a person bitching about Rob never commented on a crisis going on. .... WTF? It got so bad, that Rob finally came on and comented on it to shut him up. Its pathetic that people need that.

That also proves that some people can immerse themselves in fabricated fantasy or expectation that when they get in touch with stars or popular individuals, they will also see themselves as elites... Prolly even the illusion that they've gained popularity like that mentioned celebrity.

However, if the opposite happened, they feel very hurt and sometimes make idiots out of themselves with their whining and emo-ing that this star never paid attention to them. A rather laughable and desperate attempt to gain attention.

Ego and overreaction. Not to mention pride.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
Wow, that really is pathetic. Trying to get with an in crowed so you can feel more popular. I guess some people will do just about anything to inflate there own self esteem.

I do use twitter but not like that, mostly it's a good way to keep up with news and content which, I'm pretty sure was more or less the intent for it's creation.

Not so it could be used like a celebrity chat service.
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Ooh! Ooh! I welcomed Mr. Red Rover back to the site! :3 Does that make me popular now?
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Better yet, I inspired him for one of his new Lemons. I became a writer because of Red Rover, but at this point, with all the submissions I have here, on FA and SoFurry and the modest fanbase I have on both, I actually have something to have an ego over.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Isn't the clue in the name when it comes to Twitter? Only twits use the damn thing and the rest of us either don't see the point in it or are interested in it.

Still, fame is a poison that's spread through many mediums, it's hardly suprising that it's made its way to the Internet.

You can even see it with internet celebrities, such as DasBoSchitt (director of the machinima Gmod Idiot Box), RoosterTeeth, That Guy with the Glasses, Angry Video Game Nerd etc. You can choose to live with it, or hate it and cause more drama
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, really. One of my friends has people like Peaches Geldof, and some other indie celebs following her, and she just thinks it's funny.

It's not like everyone gets outta control when in contact with famous people, you know? 'Sides, i'm sure it's a nice feeling.

all i ever wanted was the world.

(05-30-2010 08:31 AM)Mian Wrote: It's not like everyone gets outta control when in contact with famous people, you know? 'Sides, i'm sure it's a nice feeling.

True. Though it would be nice if everyone can behave like that.
(05-30-2010 04:42 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: Isn't the clue in the name when it comes to Twitter? Only twits use the damn thing and the rest of us either don't see the point in it or are interested in it.

Still, fame is a poison that's spread through many mediums, it's hardly suprising that it's made its way to the Internet.

You can even see it with internet celebrities, such as DasBoSchitt (director of the machinima Gmod Idiot Box), RoosterTeeth, That Guy with the Glasses, Angry Video Game Nerd etc. You can choose to live with it, or hate it and cause more drama

Well, like i said, i never use it, BUT, in reading some transcripts, its cool when they tell you what they are working on, and when you can expect new stuff. ....not so cool when someone comments, "PLEASE SAY HI TO ME!"