Join our server on Discord

My thoughts on Taiki
i recon he is some kind of a mix between Taichi of the original Digimon Adventure and Daisuke of Digimon Adventure 02

Taichi was always a hothead who would go on an adventure no matter what the odds and how dangerous it would be in the end! Daisuke was like that too, but different. Digimon Adventure 02 should have really been called Digimon fusion, as there really was no real "adventure" in it. Daisuke was made as kind of a counter charecter to Takeru very similar as Yamato was to Taichi, but it didn't work out very well. Things went wrong, and he endet up being a sorry as loser with no girl basicly married to Ken.

I already wrote a whole thread about hin being gay earlier, wich i still strongly believe. It is possible he really did have a crush on Hikari, wich would be very understandable given she is the prettiest girl in school. Hower he got rejected, but simply refused to except the word "NO" I really think that he was always gay from the start, wich very much explains why he was drawn like that(sexy tan, the SCREAMING colors on hes jacked and the furcoat. And like Koushiro said;HE designed that jacked and not hes momTwisted)

I know it's hard to except, but Daisuke was most likely meant to ge a gay charecter from the get go. The first 21 episodes were always meant to be fillers anyway, this including armour evolution, wich as an idea was very nice and also looked cool. It's just that we "westerners" havent nessecarily totally used to the idea of having a gay charerter in a childrends cartoon. Remember how Taichi and Yamato were contantly "making out" through the original Adventure serieslol

Anyway Daisuke basicly knew already in the first episode that he got rejected by Hikari. It's just that he coulnd't take a "no" froma girl, so kept on trying to seduce her(with very bad results) This short of a charecter is well known both in Japanese and western entertainment. Hes basicly gay, but has to hide it, so instead he creates the image of being "super straight" That way he can more easily be sold to for example a kids show.

Daisuke was never a "failed charecter" from Bandais perspective. They wanted Digimon fusion! The whole season was about "Jogressing" Digimon together! Besides, Hikari and Takeru were already fixed pairs. Ken and Daisuke were always meant to be together, as bizare as thay may sound. So Toei created a love story between 2 boys. 1 overly positive and 1 overly negative, and together they made the "perfect pair" so to speak.

I know i know! An incredible story but it's true. You dont see that on American animationlol Anyway, the original animators must have always thought what would happen, if they fused Taichis wild nature with Daisukes sexy looksAngel It is very possible, that Toei started drawing designs of Taiki already during the Digimon Adventure 02 arc. Basicly when 02 was already running on tv in Japan, or even before that!

Therefor Taiki as a charecter hardly comes as a suprise to most fans. He is hower very different from...lets say Takato in Tamers. Tamers was a much more ballanced and natural season than 02 Digimon Adventure 02 was a season that failed for a number of reasons. But to sum it up;when you have 2 awesome Digimon like X-vmon(lizard) and Stingmon(insect) and you fuse them together, you have a lizard-incect Digimon, that is super powerfull but ugly as HELL! The time just wasn't right for this season and as a result Digimon Adventure 02 had to eat dirt as an epic fail!

Tamers was much more successful both as a toy and an anime. Hower Takato as a charecter always looked a little "tame" Hower Digimon is not always supposed to be about kawajii boys, and they did make up for that with charecters like Henry+Kazu&Kenta who actually KISSED!(oh my godShocked)

Frontier really wasn't that bad either especially in terms of animation quality, and Savers brought many new features to the Digimon franchise such as new, sharper animatio, new powerfull X-type Digimon like geogreymon, burst mode, a cool digivice and so on...

The only thing they at this point hadn't tried would have possibly been a Wifi/wireless digivice, wich obviosly the current Digivice is!

Taikis charecter is an obvious mix of both Taichi and Daisuke! Taichis wild adventure spirit fused with Daisukes superiot body and looksAngel

I have a feeling this season will provide plenty of fanservice for the fans! We will see Taiki is very similar exposing scenes as they did in the original Digimon Adventure. This season will definetly be more action oriented then 02. Much similar to the original Adventure.