Join our server on Discord

Time Marches On....
I blame Duamutef for giving me a reason to write this. I've had this in my head for months now, shared it with a few friends, but never really got around to typing out anything concrete.

This is in NO WAY to show you up or contradict you, Duamutef. It's my reality, completely seperate from yours.

That being said, here's my view on Furry history....if my cat will ever leave me alone long enough to type it out.

Oh, and as usual, work of fiction, blahblahblah bite me.

"Time marches on....I once heard that in a heavy metal song....I guess in a way it's true. Especially for my kind.

My name's Sable. Sable Borgin. I'm a Tigress...what I do and who I am really isn't an issue here. But what I will tell you is I love history. I spent years of my life discovering the secrets of my kind.

They call us Furran, Furr for short, or Furry if you're feeling frisky. Not all of us are covered in fur like our name suggests....it's just a blanket term that stuck, I guess.

I've seen references to myths surrounding my kind...Werewolves, Kitsune....nothing more than children's stories to keep them up at night.

The first recorded evidence of a true Human/Animal Hybrid stems from 1940's Europe. Doctor Josef Mengele, under the directive of Adolf Hitler, was to breed a new race of supersoldiers, using wild-caught animals and prisoners of war. He used any and all ferocious animals he could find, and forced humans to breed with them continously, all the while finding any way possible to make the genes intermix. Hitler wanted the ferocity of an animal, with the intelligence of man, loyal to his new world order.

He was finally successful, unlocking the key to making species intermix. He also unlocked other genes he felt were useful to Hitler's plans, increasing their sexual drives and fertility, allowing them to breed quickly, to amass a large force of them in a short period of time. He even managed to create Furrs such as myself...Hermaphrodites. Capable of breeding and being bred, to further simplify the process.

Then Japan attacked America, prompting her to join the war. A Thousand Year Reich was reduced to ashes by the might of the Allied Forces. All secret German programs, including the Human/Animal crossbreeding, was scrapped, abandoned, as the top scientists fled their crimes. Allied forces found several concentrations of them, either locked away in specialized breeding camps, or in combat, as tales of horrible "wolfmen and catmen" spread through the ranks, quickly dismissed as Shellshock. The ones discovered were secretly socked away by the Allies for research purposes. The Soviet Union and The United States both had a strange fixation on the crossbreeds, and conducted further experimentation on them in secret.

Doctor Josef Mengele was never captured alive. There are unproven accounts of him continuing his experiments on the populations of South America, but with more exotic species at his disposal. With no leader to turn his successes to, he kept them as personal bodyguards, eventually having them released in the wild after his death sometime in the 1970s.

The only documentation I could find in the United States was form conspiracy theorists who state that the captured German Furrs were transferred to a newly constructed Area 51, to try and discover what the Germans had done to create these oddities. None of my calls to any of the former Soviet Union have been answered. I'm only led to assume that they may still have some of my kind locked away in laboratories somewhere.

Nevertheless, at some point during the 1980s, Furrs began showing up worldwide. Speaking local languages perfectly, preferring clothing over nudity, being generally friendly, there wasn't too much of a shock to the human population. Some humans considered us novelties, pets, or even slave labor, leading to wars and uprisings in parts of the world, while America and other more developed nations took initiatives to make Furran an internationally recognized sentient species, with equal rights.

This has hit some roadblocks, with narrow-minded humans clashing against Furrs, Specism amongst my own kind, and racism in general, relations with humankind are tentative at best.

Well, here it is...almost 100 years since my kind was first created in Nazi labs during a time of genocide and war. The war itself may have international recognition as a travesty, but at least one person here knows some good came out of it. Like a flower that only blooms after a wildfire.

Before you ask, no, I do not know the entire history of my kind...I seriously doubt anyone does. If you do know anything that I seemed to have missed, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to pick your brain over a cup of coffee sometime."

The orange striped feline stretched lazily at her computer desk, looking over notes scrawled on a beaten-up old notepad, with a few poor photographs, some almost a century old, some taken by herself not a few months ago. It was almost like she made it her life's mission to unlock the secrets of her kind. The Tigress known as Sable smiled quietly to herself. "...our history's far from complete..." she muttered, as she fished a pack of cigarettes out of a desk drawer and proceeded to light one up. She took a deep drag from it, and exhaled through her nose, her eyes closed in deep thought. "It's 2030...Humankind's been on this planet for thousands of years....my kind's only been here for less than a hundred....I wonder what thingd would be like if it was the other way around..."

Sable laughed at her little thought, and rubbed her red eyes wearily. It had been a long night, collecting her thoughts like this.

"It's time for kitten to go to bed." She yawned, putting out her cigarette, and leaving the comfort of her computer chair.

Feel free to leave thoughts and constructive criticism. Flames will be forwarded to your parent's e-mail address.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Nice!

Your history made quite a bit more sense then mine! Genetic experimentation makes more sense then people having sex with animals. Anyway, Interesting read, good idea!
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Well, actually, it's a little bit of both. :p
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Do you have a fic for this or did you just make it up? I think it might make an interesting story...

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Well, it's more or less part of an obscenely long RP going on with a handful of friends over IM. Most of the story is what's in my head ATM, I tried writing it up once and it met with dismal results, so it's something I normally keep to myself. Your rendition of Furry History gave me that last little push needed to get this little bit out. If you want to use it in a story, feel free to do so. As long as credit's given I don't care if you use it as toilet paper. :p
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Well, It's good. Your first person is better than most that I read. I wouldn't dare use this as toilet paper!

Heh, I was just joking, man.
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Oh...
I'm dumb...

cool story ^.^ XD the subject of a new sentient species being introduced world. I have liked stories like this since they deal with as said in the story racism and great friendships are usualy made between the new and the humans though few they may be. I wonder how crazy things would get if a new sentient race was made or came here.
Creative Minds
I'm surprised you didn't mention bagi in this at all. ... Meh, well, whatever, I'm only actually half way through it Blush but its very good so far, and I promise I'll come back and finish reading it... Eventually... I think...

Edit: ok just finished, very nice, short, and to the point. Almost makes me wish there was more to it... But anyway, nice job.
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz