Join our server on Discord

Furry Universe History
I recently decided to write an original, non fan-fic story.

I had trouble figuring out how I was going to explain furries' existence. So I started looking around. And I couldn't find an explanation that I really liked.

So, I sat down and created one. This is the set up for my story; the history of an alternate world where furries exist alongside with humans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

September, 1880
A terrible STD plagues the planet. However, this STD does not affect humans at all. Every other species is affected. Effects of the STD vary not by species but by gender.

Male Symptoms – Death

Female Symptoms – Increased range of fertility

When disease is first discovered, symptoms are unknown. The following mating season, the entire male population of animals is nearly eliminated. The United States manages to save a few males of each species, but no more then ten each.

Infected females were now able to be impregnated by any species. With no males of their own to mate with, animal females begin to approach human males. While most homo sapiens turned the “lesser species” away, a select few mated with the animals. Several months later, the impregnated animals gave birth to a brand new race.

January, 1881
Scientists analyze the new creatures. They find that the newborns are indeed part human. The other half of their genes belonged to the mother.

It is found to be that most animal traits are dominant over those of humans. The only visible human trait is an altered body structure. The world government announces that a new race of anthropomorphic animals has begun to inhabit the planet.

Population:
Human: roughly 10 million
New race: roughly 500,000

Over the last nineteen years, the New Race has been educated. They are as intelligent as humans, if not smarter. They hold jobs in minor positions, mostly manual labor, and are accepted members of society. The new race reaches adulthood and begins to breed. They are banned from mating with humans, so they multiply within themselves. Born in litters of about three, the population of the race triples.

Population:
Human: roughly 15 million
New race: roughly 1.5 million

World War II ends. The New Race German general, Adolf Hitler, has led a holocaust against humans, seeing them as an inferior race. Due to their lack of claws, fangs and killer instinct, human losses were great. When the death toll was finalized, humans were no longer the most populous species on the planet.

Population:
Human: 1 billion
New race: 3 billion

Human’s have reproduced enough to even out the population gap.

New Race activists riot against the world government in a semi-organized strike. Their goal is to achieve the freedom to mate as they choose. After nine months of striking, the government gives way. Human – New Race marriages are now legal, as well as inter-species mating.

Population:
Human: 5 billion
New race: 5.5 billion

New Race and human mothers give birth. The third race, deemed “Half-Breeds” by the general public, possessed mostly human traits.

Genetic research has revealed that the New Race kept their recessive human traits as well as their animal ones. When mated with humans, these recessive genes became obvious. In most cases, Half-Breeds possessed the following animal traits on their otherwise human figure:

Small fangs
Tail
Animal-esque ears
Claws in a few cases

The Half-Breeds form a third race, bridging the gap between the prior two.

A new form of racism rises. A very small percentage of each race despises the others. However, Half-Breeds appear to have no hard feelings towards either other race, due to the fact that they were born from both.

Population:
Human: 5.3 billion
New race: 5.9 billion
Half-Breed: 1 billion

A ten year famine comes to an end. The famine, caused by over population of the planet, led to food and water shortages which killed off many of each race, leaving the population divided into roughly thirds.

Population:
Human: 3 billion
New race: 4 billion
Half-Breed: 3.5 billion

2010 – Present Day
Races get along mostly peacefully. Members of every race are involved in everything from government to film.

Population:
Human: 3.1 billion
New race: 3.9 billion
Half-Breed: 3.7 billion

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you all think that'll work?
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Peace cannot last with famine and thirst. That's completely unrealistic.

And uhm, that's a lot of bestiality that went down there.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Oh, sorry!

I forgot to type something... Alrighty, I fixed it.

The famine actually ended in 2005.

And yeah, it was a lot of bestiality. I couldn't really think of any other way furries could happen...

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
I'm not saying it's bad, I particularly don't enjoy that sort of way you chose but it's your universe. On that regard though, you oughta expand the reasons why people suddenly resorted to bestiality. The reasons may be broad and understable to certain angles, but your condensed idea would give the general reader that good perspective of why you're typing someone allowed to be fucked by their home kitty cat.

On the topic of how things came to be, my original universe is ironically (Because I'm not practician of the bible's theory of origin) based on creationism by a higher entity, to a certain degree. You could actually call intervention of a higher entity in evolution, but it's basically someone who at some critical point in our planet's history decided to mess everything up. Not saying you should do the same, but actually wanted to present how alternate universes can come to life so sporadically.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Thanks for your opinion!

My reason for the bestiality was, as I said before, lack of a better idea. I don't know why people would have sex with random animals in the late nineteenth century.

But for some reason, when I think about my reason, I see some random camp somewhere. I see a random guy walking out of his cabin, thinking that he isn't going to be able to have sex for months until he gets back to civilization. He looks down and there is a random animal holding it's ass in the air. I see him kinda crane his neck and look around, reassuring himself that nobody is there with him. And that's the end of what I see.

I suppose you can assume what happens after that.

But yeah, I might change it, but at the moment I think that my history sets up the world pretty nicely for my story.

Thanks again for your opinion!

There's always the extreme side of things, y'know. You don't need to come up with far-fetched scenarios, all you gotta do is search for an arguably critical point that can be abused. We all know that there's all kinds of people out there, not all of them are into bestiality and even less consider cross-breeding, but the world at large, in your universe, knows that there is decline in species' reproduction; there is also the knowledge that only females are remaining; there are some people that will eventually come up with the solution that your universe steered towards: cross-breeding.

Nobody will, at first instance, think that the solution to this kind of massive decline in the natural eco-system is to resort to bestiality, but like I said at the start of this reply: This is the extreme side. That, while uniformedly far-fetched, it's generally far-fetched unlike your idea where it's one particular case. And, while far-fetched, it's also a possibility. A possibility I consider gross, but eventually viable I guess.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I'm no fan of bestiality either, but I just took into consideration that it wouldn't exist if somebody didn't do it. I do not condone such behavior in any fashion.

But you couldn't have said it better your self in the second paragraph of that last post, it was a solution. This part of the history might not even be brought up in my future story. It had to start somewhere though, and a dying population of animals seemed to be as good as any place for furries to be born, (in this universe, anyway).

Now that you know how to explain the base of your universe, you should integrate it in your story with your own words.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I probably will integrate it in, but the main reason for this is so when the past is passively brought up in my story, any readers will know what I'm talking about. I spent a few hours today coming up with a bunch of insults for the three different races, and most of them have to do with the past.

So, with these insults, I required a story behind them. Otherwise, every time somebody gets burned, the reader would have that feeling of not understanding the insult. They would know that the character was being insulted, but they wouldn't feel the insult.

Otherwise, my story would feel awkward and disconnected.