Join our server on Discord

Biological Immortality
Doesn't that then mean they just have a better lifespan? Mortality is the quality to die and the other one means the exact opposite. If the Jellyfish can still die, then they aren't immortal o: They got all the seven balls and just wished for some sort of intrincate eternal youth.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Scientists don't know if there is even a limit to the number of times they can revert to a polyp. Right now, they theorized that the jellyfish can do this an infinite number of times, and that considered, there is probably a jellyfish floating around in the ocean that has been around for thousands of years.

There are two kinds of immortality, Mar: biological immortality and physical immortality. In the field, causes of death are defined by three primary categories: aging, disease, and trauma. Being biologically immortal means that the organism can't die by aging. being physically immortal means that the organism has to find a way to overcome all three causes of death. The Jellyfish can still be hacked up, but if left alone in an environment where it can't be eaten by predators or subjected to anything particularly hazardous, it will continue to reverse its life cycle for eternity.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Still. Being potentially immortal does sound enticing, doesn't it?
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
The more years you have lived, the more you find out about the essence of life.

Do you really want to unlock such a thing? Do you think your mentality capable to handle the entirety of life?
"Potentially" immortal doesn't sound so good if you have to start out as a fetus again! However, this somehow brings Wisey one step closer to his goals~!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
This one looks forward to the coming of the Hanar.
Quote:The more years you have lived, the more you find out about the essence of life.

Do you really want to unlock such a thing? Do you think your mentality capable to handle the entirety of life?

No. That was a philosophical fail.

There are, well, many issues to having immortality, or even seeking it. Everyone in the world will try to find their own justifications for why THEY deserve immortality above anyone else. Even upon obtaining immortality, most people will stagnate, and waste many years - or possibly eternity - not doing anything. On a large scale, with many people with immortality, diminishing resources would become a larger problem as the population increases (faster than it does right now), and huge wars would be fought over land/food/energy, even more so than right now. This doesn't help that now, with the amount of cures we have for most diseases in the world, people would only die from trauma.

Obtaining immortality is a taboo because it disrupts the balance of nature.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
(04-29-2010 09:36 AM)Cowboy From Hell Wrote: More importantly, how do we exploit these immortal jellyfish?
How do i bought immortal jellyfish?

(04-30-2010 10:57 AM)Lost Wrote: Obtaining immortality is a taboo because it disrupts the balance of nature.
Well, if one person was to have immortality, that wouldn't really disrupt the balance of nature because it is simply one person. I think that if one person should deserve a never-ending life, it's someone who inspires us all and keeps the faith of humanity within us...Chuck Norris.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(04-30-2010 10:50 AM)RaptorSyn Wrote: This one looks forward to the coming of the Hanar.

rofl masseffect
This is intriguing. I want that ability.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against