Join our server on Discord

Westwood Politics
This is relating to the Flash game I'm working on. Last term before one of the meetings we have on Tuesday, the program director for game art (Michelle) was apparently in a foul mood because of something the program director of software design (Octavio) was trying to do. I overheard Simms (The product manager and my boss of this game) talking about it to the team, but I didn't hear much after that, since I was focused on my own classwork. I assumed it had something to do with the game.

Later that day, Octavio entered the meeting with a bunch of contracts and told us we needed to sign them in order to publish this Flash game and so on. I poured over it as best as I could in the time that we were given (Which wasn't much; only a few minutes), just to make sure that it wasn't trying to bind us into anything.

After the meeting, I was waiting around for my ride home, and right before I left, I found Michelle and talked to her about what happened during the meeting. She suddenly became enraged and stormed off to the Administrator's office, right as my ride got there. A few days later, I asked her about what happened.

Basically, before she came along, Octavio was the head of the game art department (And nearly ran it into the ground with all the downsizing.), and for the past 3 or so years, nothing had been submitted or created by Westwood to submit to the Independent Game Conference under his watch. When we created the new group back in September last year, we were a group operating outside of the school's administration and self-governed; no teachers or administrators involved in anything. They were originally given the chance to make it an official Westwood team, but they constantly blew us off because they assumed we would just crumble apart like they did so many times the past few years. Michelle only acts as moral support and throws a few leads at us for any real Flash Artists out there in the industry we could learn a thing or two from. Since then, our progress has been accelerating faster and further than any of the groups in the past, and it was at that point Octavio wanted to try and get control of the group again, enter the contracts, which were structured in a way to say that Westwood was now in control of the project and they could use the Flash games as demonstrations for future enrollments. You can see where this is going.

Basically, the administration wants to blow us off since they think we're going to fail, yet when they figure out that we're actually getting something done, they want to jump in on it (Including a few of the programming teachers) so they can chest-puff up at the podium if and when we go to the IGC and act like they were actually a part of the development. It was a very shitty plan to get their name on the games. When I told Michelle, she went and fumed at Octavio for an hour and ordered him to destroy the contracts.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA